Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99

EDIT: The latest theory at MATY is that it's being caused by a corrupted pattern used by EA on most buildings in Sunset Valley. That would explain why it leaves the cheap houses and rabbit holes (which aren't decorated at all).

Interesting theory. I uninstalled WA AGAIN and I'm going to see IF my game runs with the 1.6.6 patch. If it doesn't I'm seriously considering contacting EA and having a not-so-nice conversation with them.

Honestly, is there any way we can take legal action and try to get our money back on WA? Maybe if we all ban together and try to return the games, they'll take the hint.

None of the reps from EA are responding to ANYTHING at the forums at TS3.com. Only one of them posted the work around for the save issue. Haven't heard a peep from them since. It's pathetic at this point. They keep cranking out faulty games with the promise that they'll work and then when they don't, they won't even put out an official message because they're afraid it will hurt the sales.

From what I managed to play of WA, I liked it. I'm not saying I don't like the game, it's quite the opposite. I think the game is fun, but it's the fact that its full of bugs and renders TS3 unplayable that peeves me off. And EA isn't saying boo about it.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pandora3co
Just so you know aeval99, you can end your vacation at any time by clicking on your cell phone in your inventory and choosing "Return Home" it will work no matter where you are in the destination, after a bit, the loading screen pops up to return back to your original neighborhood.

Thank you Pandaora3co. I figured there had to be a way but I was having a duh moment (day/week/life). :P
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#29 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 8:54 PM
The blue lots seem to be caused by both WA and the patch. And yes, you have installed the patch, because you can't install WA without the patch.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 9:31 PM
You said that during the WA install process you were asked if you wanted to update your game. You said you clicked yes. That means you patched it during/before the install just like the rest of us.

After the install of WA, I too was given a window when I brought up the launcher telling me that I needed to do another update (in fact I had to do it twice). It then patched my game again.

WA cannot install without the patch. Because you were asked to "update" during the install of WA, that means your game was technically patched before WA completely installed.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#32 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 11:35 PM
Ok, so, new theory.

Everyone experiencing this issue, please go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/WorldCaches and delete all the files inside that folder. Screenshot attached in case of extreme lost and confused syndrome. Post back and tell us if it works.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#35 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Ok, so, new theory.

Everyone experiencing this issue, please go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/WorldCaches and delete all the files inside that folder. Screenshot attached in case of extreme lost and confused syndrome. Post back and tell us if it works.

I tried this (I just have the game patched, no WA installed; have the blue lot problem though), this combined with deleting all files in the save folder has finally enabled me to properly save a new game with the normal save button; so I can play again.

If this was the thing that properly fixed that thanks and if not thanks anyway because it works again partly to this suggestion
Test Subject
#37 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 2:16 AM
Well deleting your saves is going to delete the neighbourhoods; but everything in the bin was still there for me (created families and some saved houses) so I was able to fresh-start my favorite family, did deleting the save games delete those for you as well? And the possibility to play a new riverview? Thats really odd.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#38 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 2:33 AM
The theory was that the world mesh was corrupted - basically, the neighbourhood is all one big mesh, with holes where the lots go. This is why we can't place lots anywhere we like. We were hoping the regenerating the worldcache would fix the world mesh, but apparently not. :/

Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#43 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 6:11 AM
Please, please, please, do not quadruple post. If you have something to add, use the edit button. That's what it's there for. Thank you.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#44 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 12:35 PM
So you're not also getting blue lots in new saves? EA have said that old saves are more prone to error 16, so that may be the case with blue lots as well.

Having installed the new patch, try copying a .legacy save - presumably these haven't been bugged since they're pre-WA - and removing the .legacy. I say copy so you still have a backup if the renamed save gets bugged again.

Test Subject
#45 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 12:56 PM
I've got the same problem. Clean reinstall, no custom content, new save (did the save-as trick), and vacations usually but not always result in blue lots. Deleting the world cache unfortunately didn't help either.

I think we're going to be waiting for another new patch for this one.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 2:22 PM
The new patch still didn't fix it for me. I didn't get Error 16'ed, but I still have blue abysses. And on top of it, phones still don't work, either. EA really needs to look into a real fix, not just a hotfix.
Scholar
#47 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 3:29 PM Last edited by Jasumi : 19th Nov 2009 at 5:07 PM.
Here's what I want you all to try:

1. backup an old save file.
2. Now before you start a vacation, go to Save As...and choose a new name for your neighborhood. I'm thinking because of the new way WA stores save files, it's crucial you save your 'hood while it is still loaded.

Now go on vacation and see if lots are blue when you return.

EDIT

Nope, friend of mine said it was still blue. Your only option at this point is to create an entirely new save file.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#49 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 6:47 PM
In your My Docs/TS3/Saves folder there should be .sims3,. sims3.backup, and .sims3.legacy files for each save - although if you haven't saved since installing WA then that may be why they're not there.

Scholar
#50 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 9:05 PM
Have you tried "Save As..." and then deleting everything *not* in a save folder?
Locked thread
Page 2 of 5