Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Open **Recolorable Stairs** - Slaves

by HugeLunatic Posted 16th Dec 2009 at 9:26 PM - Updated 17th Dec 2012 at 2:36 AM by HugeLunatic

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 9:56 PM
Love the stairs, but can you share the foliage rug???? or where did you get it.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 7:54 AM
Thank you. :-)
Instructor
#4 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 5:43 AM
Thank you so much for these! =)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 4:21 PM
WOOT! Thanks!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 10:52 PM
these look lovely! But this is pretty silly... How do you make your stairs "curved" like that? I've tried with the split house-foundation tool, and I have no idea how to do it.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 11:32 PM
eeyore that is the OFB stage tool.

You need 3 open tiles between the stage and the wall that supports your upstairs, and make sure the upper floor only has a floor tile for the top stair.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 10:41 PM
Oh silly me! XD I was able to use it as far as four tiles! XD I'll be downloading your recolor sets.

Teehee!

Thank you!

EDIT!

Gosh, I didn't notice this before, but how did you get the stairs to "open" underneath.

Jesus. I sound like I've never played the game before!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 10:52 PM
Test Subject
#10 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 9:45 PM
can u PLEASE tell me how u got the stairs to be like that... i mean how u got the stairs to go one way and the 1 tile to make it turn the other way agenst the wall. my game won't do that, or i dont know how.???
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 8:22 AM
Great, thank you, I love all those open stairs for the game. They are just so much more useful, in every way.

Such beautiful rugs in the pictures. Could you tell us where you found them?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 2:29 PM
The rug in the chic stairs pic is a recolor of Echo's rug, either from Sims2Play or here.

The carpet in the Euro stairs is by sesame, can be found at the link in my sig.

The rug in the storybook is a mesh set by Bluetexasbonnie repostoried by me, can be found at the link in my sig.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 12:54 PM Last edited by pepsihamster : 7th Feb 2010 at 3:09 PM.
Thank you very much for your quick reply, I found the rug on Sims2Artists and a lot of recolours - they look awesome. What a great site all over. You and your fellow creators are just amazingly talented. I have already downloaded so many of your things from here, I'm afraid it never ends. :lovestruc

I have one question regarding your Maxis Open **Recolorable Stairs**. What is the difference between your's and crocobaura's "open under maxis stairs" (except for the fact that yours are recolourable ofcourse)? Thanks in advance.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Feb 2010 at 3:41 PM
My open stairs are a)recolorable - doh and b)I have modified the bhav to allow for passage underneath. This includes 3 tiles not just one as some others have done. Which means that they are still passable underneath when used with stages.
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 8:28 PM
do the house you've used exist? and if yes were to download please???
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 8:34 PM
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 12:48 PM
Great job. I love them : D But:

I've been downloading the stairs, and I extracted the files to the folder "downloads", but I can't find the stair in the game : / what am I supposed to do to make them work?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 3:29 PM
You also need the original recolorable stairs by me for these to be recolorable, those will simply override the EA ones. These ones also need the script file installed. See directions in post.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 11:57 PM
All your works are beautiful :3 Thank you for uploading these. But, there doesn't seem to a script file in the archives when I extracted them. I know to put it in the Scriptorium shortcut for modular stairs, just can't find them. What can I do? I've tried redownloading and still no difference.
--- Oops! Found them! Sorry! And thanks again! :D
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aberrantanecdote
All your works are beautiful :3 Thank you for uploading these. But, there doesn't seem to a script file in the archives when I extracted them. I know to put it in the Scriptorium shortcut for modular stairs, just can't find them. What can I do? I've tried redownloading and still no difference.
--- Oops! Found them! Sorry! And thanks again! :D

where did you find them? im having trouble as well

I'm Lookin to learn all i can about recoloring objects ESPECIALLY the base research book Any information would be HIGHLY appreciated!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 12:38 AM
Grata por seu Trabalho, Otimo
Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 11:05 PM
Hi! I know you posted this yeeeears ago, but I still love the Sims 2 and just downloaded a house that must use this mesh, and I loved it so I went on a huntingtrip for it here on MTS2 - and I found it! But I dont quite understand how to make it work... :/ I put the text file in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts - and the rest of the download in my Downloads folder. But it doesn't show up. Should I remove a file already in the Scripts catalogue? And for the Scriptorium, that's a program or mod I have to download? I cant just make that folder myself in my downloads folder?

Sorry if I'm stupid - I've played Sims 2 for eleven years I think, but never downloaded anything like this before :/
Hope you still get to see this post and have the patience to answer
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pepsihamster
Thank you very much for your quick reply, I found the rug on Sims2Artists and a lot of recolours - they look awesome. What a great site all over. You and your fellow creators are just amazingly talented. I have already downloaded so many of your things from here, I'm afraid it never ends. :lovestruc

I have one question regarding your Maxis Open **Recolorable Stairs**. What is the difference between your's and crocobaura's "open under maxis stairs" (except for the fact that yours are recolourable ofcourse)? Thanks in advance.

I know this might not be seen, but I'm desperate here. I have been searching and searching, and I cannot find that lovely rug from the chic stairs pic. Please help if you can.
Page 1 of 2