Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Metropolitan Museum of Natural History

by Elise Bennett Posted 21st Dec 2009 at 3:17 PM

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 3:33 PM
I love it, will download it for my boyfriend, who is currently using my WA. Bet this took you a long time, did you get a few items through cheats?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 4:10 PM
Thank you so much for doing this, I've been trying to collect everything for so long and now I can use this as a reference. Or I can make my kleptos steal from it when I can't find a certain gem :P
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 4:12 PM
awesome work, thanks

It's hard to be yourself in a society that relies on clothes, hairstyles and looks to fit in.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 6:13 PM
where do you get awesomemod from? A friend of mine told me she had the awesome mod but her game kept crashing cause of it... Do you know where to get the "good" one?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 6:15 PM
Well this is useless XD NO ONE has or will get all that store content.... wtf
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 6:30 PM
Both of you need to go to maty - http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/ <3

@EB: This looks awesome, I'm totally downloading it when my laptop gets back from being repaired! You put a lot of work into it, and its a klepto's dream! XD
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 7:23 PM
This is so amazing thank you for sharing dear.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Save_the_whales
Well this is useless XD NO ONE has or will get all that store content.... wtf

What a rude post. No one's creation is useless if they put time and effort into it. Unless you were being sarcastic; I'm not too good at knowing whether or not someone is being sarcastic on the internet.

Unfortunately, there are many people who give in to EA's greed and buy every bit of content they release in the store. If you download a lot with store objects used in it, and you do not have those items, the game will replace it with a similar object.

Thank you, Elise Bennet, it is clear that you put a lot of work into this museum
Mad Poster
#10 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 12:29 AM
WOW, that's impressive! Thanks so much for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 1:16 AM
That's really impressive! Thank you for sharing it with us! It must has taken you a huge amount of time to display everything. Thanks again, I wish I have your patience. Collecting and displaying all the things in the game is a bit too much for me, so now, I can see what the game has to offer for people who like collecting. ^^
Thank you again, the result is just stuning! ;o)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 1:55 AM
Magnificent. Must have been a b*tch to do!
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 2:04 AM
Thank you for sharing this with us ! For those who do not see their selves using this museum, you have given them their own opportunity with all the collections at hand to do a remake (like doing country specific museums in each country). Very well done!
Instructor
#14 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 3:50 AM
people can get a great deal on Sim Store Stuff if they just search for it

nice Mueseum but as i won't touch this patch with a 100 foot pole an since it was made with it

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 1:14 PM
I just intalled it and had a good nosey about and what ever is missing isnot worth the adverse cooments presented, I am realy impressed with it, awesome Job.

An old saying is [that if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it]
Instructor
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joe_debock
I just intalled it and had a good nosey about and what ever is missing isnot worth the adverse cooments presented, I am realy impressed with it, awesome Job.

An old saying is [that if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it]

I agree. This isn't the place to complain about the way EA does things. As lilartistgrrl points out, you don't need the EA store stuff to use this lot. Thank you Elise for creating this impressive collection.
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 8:20 PM
Thanks a lot for this. It's beautiful, and had to be a labor of love. I'm glad you found a way to simplify getting all of the gem cuts, or it might have taken you forever!

This museum will turn out to be a great reference for people who are just learning the game.

Thanks again!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 10:08 PM
Thank you for all the kind comments!

Regarding the question about a version of awesomemod that won't crash the game, there's a new "test" version of it up for the most recent patch versions of the base game and the expansion pack at:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15185.0.html

Regarding the store stuff: it's all just paintings or plants or similar stuff -- every single one really is optional, as I said in the description, and if you don't have any of it, you won't miss it.
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 9:07 AM
It looks lovely. Where do I place it? I mean, what kind of community lot should it be?

Thanks,
Josette
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#20 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 1:27 PM
This must have taken you ages! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Princess Robijn
It looks lovely. Where do I place it? I mean, what kind of community lot should it be?

Any 40x40 community lot with the 30 on the street should work. I wouldn't worry about zoning it more specifically; if you really want to pick something, pick "Art Gallery".
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 12:21 AM
It looks great! But I don't have the new patch installed so I can't have the museum in my game. Does anyone know a way I can have it without the patch?? Or can you explain how you did to have all the gems, the relics, etc?? Because I have awesome mod and I have the buy debug on but I don't know how to change the relics. For example: I put the snake from the golden figurines collection, but the golden pharaoh's bust doesn't appear in the buy section!! How do I get it if I want to create a museum??
Zombie Socks
#23 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 12:57 AM
Playing this was the coolest thing I've done all week! The bug room especially amazed me. What a cool area! Thank you so much for showing us all the awesome stuff this game has to offer!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th May 2010 at 4:12 AM
Please update this. I moved things around so I could take photos to complete the collectables section of the photography collections. I was unable to take a photo of the dropa stone set, I changed the display table/case several times, even put them on the floor. The only thing I could think the problem could be was one was old and the others were antique.
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 12:48 AM
this makes me sort of wanna make a klepto now
Page 1 of 2