Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Enable Script Error (UPDATED)

by rothn Posted 2nd Jan 2010 at 12:10 PM - Updated 16th Jul 2010 at 4:05 AM by rothn

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Banned
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 6:16 PM
Now, in that screenshot, is it saying that "Chaosmodpainting" caused an error with the game? Would using this help detect problem hacks?
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 11:37 PM
Wondering the same as Claeric?
Banned
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 12:31 AM
I'll send a PM to ask. Faster results that way.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 2:27 AM
If the game throws an exception, it will give you an error message, or at least put a log file in "C:\Users\(username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\" or "C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\"

Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue. - Windows XP Setup
Hey! It compiles! Ship it! - Microsoft
Love is Hate. War is Peace. Windows is stable. - 1984 (sort of)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 10:56 AM
Hey rothn, this mod has proven to be highly useful. Thanks for that. Any chances for an update for the 4.0-patch? If you make one, could you please also reenable that the game shows the name of missing strings? (I heard this was disabled in 4.0.)
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 8:39 PM
While you wait for rothn to update their version, one could always use this one: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=3815.0

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 5:43 AM
I am running Ambitions 4.2.32.007017 and when I install the "4.2" download the game says incompatible mod and if I continue anyway actions graphics don't appear and the action cancels without effect. If they try to get food the fridge will not open, they can't go to the bathroom, etc.
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 3:19 AM
I'm trying to download the 4.2 version of this amazing mod and upon exporting I'm getting an error saying that the file isn't in the zipped file. Anyone else?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 29th May 2011 at 10:42 PM
are there any special instructions on how to uninstall this item?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 14th May 2014 at 8:45 PM
Thanks you
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator THANKS POST
#12 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 12:26 PM
This mod is obviously super old, but just wanted to say that any modders coming across it and wondering if this still works with the latest patch, it does