Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

2010 HGTV Dream Home Tribute by Artisim

by SimSchnaps Posted 7th Jan 2010 at 12:43 AM

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 1:12 AM
I love it! Great job!
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 1:22 AM
Loooks fantastic! thanks
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 3:23 AM
Half walls? those look like half walls, how do you get them, I think that there is a mod on the site. Just confirming it its the mod that you used.
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 4:43 AM
Wow!!!! I usually don't like huge house on the 60x60 but this house is amazing!!!!! Please oh please let it download in my game!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moneymonkey
Half walls? those look like half walls, how do you get them, I think that there is a mod on the site. Just confirming it its the mod that you used.

I didn't use a mod or one of the downloadable half-walls. I used the ConstrainFloorElevation cheat from the console. It took quite some time to get this to work correctly. It also should be noted that they aren't perfect. At points where the half-walls connect to the regular walls they would angle drastically. The only solution that I could find was to leave a one-tile gap at those locations.

SimSchnaps
Artisim Homes
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 4:30 PM
Beautiful job! I actually live in New Mexico and this would be my ultimate dream home!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 5:15 PM
What a great idea. You did a really good job making this look like the real one
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 8:27 PM
I just seen the show and this is very accurate, great job, thanks!
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 3:15 AM
You did PRETTY darn good on this one! I love having HGtv's houses for my simmies. Thanks!
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 4:16 AM
Wow, I'm surprised this house looks just like the actual one! Thank you!
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 7:32 PM
I think this is amazing and I am already halfway through downloading it for my game. Thank you soo much!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 9:13 PM
Wow, this is amazing! I can't believe how much time this must have taken, for all its details!

Love, Rosalina
I am new, but so were you once. Be nice. Don't be an elitist. Kthxbai? :D
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 2:14 AM
PHENOMENAL job. Seriously.
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 10:25 AM
i have downloaded it and uploaded it but it is not on there is it sunset vallley or riverview and i dont know how to get it up.. ?
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 4:37 PM
this is so close to the real thing! thank you so much for making it base game compatible!
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 8:27 PM
amazing job. I'll make my sims live in this house when i win the sweepstakes and am living in it.
Alchemist
#18 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 10:23 PM
the only thing i can say is: This is f&*%@#ng niice! :D, great job!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JohnGair
i have downloaded it and uploaded it but it is not on there is it sunset vallley or riverview and i dont know how to get it up.. ?

This was a Sunset Valley plot. I'm not sure why it isn't working for you, other than the fact that Sims3 can be quite buggy. I haven't heard of others having any issues with it.

SimSchnaps
Artisim Homes
Field Researcher
#20 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 8:14 AM
Dude, this should be featured! It looks really tight.

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer..

Grandpa Joost 1996 †
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 6:17 PM
It takes a long time to exact a build from a floorplan, plus you needed to adapt for the low walls, AND decorating takes even longer . . . and you did an EXCELLENT job!

Nebulous Nan
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 11:36 PM
shows up in my housing thumbnail but when placed it's just a blank lot. Is Wa required perhaps? Sorry, I didn't see an expansion requirement in the description. Love this house btw I'd love to have it in game so I'm going to try downloading it again and clear all my caches first

blah sorry just saw my game isn't updated for this
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 6:09 AM
bwhah was looking for a nice 3 bedroom home, and came across this promptly drooled and downloaded! XD irony is I saw a commercial for this giveaway the other day and idly thought about making it but never even began for the lazy woman am I! and thank god I didn't you did 1000x better then I could have dreamed of doing! XD
Theorist
#24 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 2:02 AM
love this house I saw it on hgtv the other night and glad to see it on here.
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 3:55 AM
bravo, i too was gonna make this house, but u've beat me to the punch, and good thing ya did. I wudda been embarrassed - mine wouldnt compare.... GREAT JOB!
Page 1 of 2