Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jake Sully from Avatar (w/ new braid hair mesh)

by sugarandcaffeine Posted 12th Jan 2010 at 8:36 PM - Updated 3rd Aug 2010 at 1:26 AM by sugarandcaffeine

99 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 9:46 PM
wow... just amazing.
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 11:35 PM
Loopy said it. Looks like Jake too, not just a generic Navi. Nice work!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 11:42 PM
GASP! The pair of them are simply fantastic! GREAT job on this!!!! <3
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 12:04 AM
AWWWWWW so awesome now he will go well i my Pandora neighborhood
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 4:19 AM
Thank you u much, well done.He looks beautiful.
Theorist
#7 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 4:24 AM
Jarhead clan FTW! lol, this is really great thanks
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 7:12 AM
very cute and was an awesome movie!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 7:23 AM
Another FANTASTIC creation from You! You did it again! Congrats! Splendid work!
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 2:07 PM
WOW just WOW! ^^
Your talent is ovewhelming and I must say that Neytiri and Jack look fantastic in game. I had them playing on laptop so I could zoom in close enough to see all their face details.. When I paused the game .. SURPRISE :O made me think I was looking at a photoshopped AVATAR poster I mean they look almost real and full of life. Very, very well done! Your Na'vis deserve to be Featured Downloads because they look even better in game than in pictures and that is so rare when it comes to Sims. Seriously, I am still gasping at how expressive their face becomes in game mode. I can't thank you enough!!!
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 3:45 PM
thank you thank you thank you thank you soo much! I was looking forward for this and it is like real! They look soo cute together with Neytiri! Thaaank you!!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 4:15 PM
keep making sims, your amazing it would be great if you could make some of the other na'vi people too, like eytukan, mo'at, ateyo or tsu'tey Great job
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 5:02 PM
WOW Just stunning. I am Impressed. Good Job

mrnapolean1 is looking forward for Avatar 2! :)
Test Subject
#14 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 5:51 PM
Great Job, you did a wonderful job doing Jake and Ney'tiri
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 6:14 PM
Hi there!

Thanks for sharing this creation of yours with us, you've done a brilliant job! I've downloaded both Jake and Neytiri, but.. the elf ear won't show up. It's available in Create-A-Sim, as well as when I try to change their looks via a mirror, but the ear won't actually CHANGE when I click on it - it's just a regular ear.

Can something be done about this, you think? (If it helps, I have all the expansion packs, except for University and Holidays/Vacation/Whatever it's called.)

Sure, they work just fine without those ears, but they're so cute...

Any help is appreciated.

- Jessica
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 6:31 PM
Did you make sure to put the mesh file in the zip file into your downloads folder? The elf ear should be under glasses in the game and worked fine for me in just the base game (w/anygame starter) and my regular game (all EPs+TSS).
But if my version of the mesh still isn't working for some reason, that elf ear mesh is also included with the files in this thread.

The Sims 2 - live the lives of others while neglecting your own.
Test Subject
#17 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 7:25 PM
Now that I look through the files I just took out of the zip file, I can't find the elf ear file at all, which is weird, since it's still showing up in the game (under glasses, yes, along with the Na'vi tail and all), but it's not working on game. Wtf?

What is the full name of the actual file?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 9:08 PM
It's "_Louis_AC_01ElfEars__Mesh"

Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 9:41 PM
Allright. Huh. It's not among the unzipped files. And... it's now official, I am completely confused, haha. I'll do a search for it.

EDIT: Allright, I found it! I think I must've missed pasting it into the Downloads folder when moving my files around. (And then I went and deleted the folder I had the files in.. ahaha, I so fail at this.)

I haven't tried the game yet, but... yeah, this should solve it, haha. XD Thank you for your patience with me on this one. -feels stupid and hides in a corner-
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 11:11 PM
Excellent, thanks a million. Is there any chance you would make a lot for them to live in? I can't seem to find something perfect. I'm working on making my own right now, but I'm not sure how it will come out.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 11:24 PM
Fantastic. I love how accurate this is. Even better that Neytiri is available too: I love the true love the movie displays.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 11:26 PM
Thank you for the comments all

Quote: Originally posted by vandastar
keep making sims, your amazing it would be great if you could make some of the other na'vi people too, like eytukan, mo'at, ateyo or tsu'tey Great job

I'd like to, but the lack of good, high-res source pictures for pretty much everyone except Jake & Neytiri means that it probably won't happen for a while (at least until after the movie comes out on bluray).

Quote: Originally posted by Cassper
Is there any chance you would make a lot for them to live in? I can't seem to find something perfect. I'm working on making my own right now, but I'm not sure how it will come out.

I'm not that great at building houses/lots so I probably won't make one, but I am going to attempt making some Pandoran plants soon (that light up of course).

Test Subject
#23 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 11:28 PM
YAY! now he can go with neytiri in my pandora hood! THANKYOUSOMUCH
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 4:34 AM
Well done!
Test Subject
#25 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 12:05 PM
Wow, I'm so happy someone is still making things for the Sims 2 game (mainly because I don't play Sims 3 yet, at least until I can get over how the sims look on there. I don't know why, but I don't like them, lol). Neytiri and Jake are so perfect on here. I mean...PERFECTION! hehehe. Mesmerizing work!!!

Jag kan doda dig med den min hjarnan
My Myspace Page
Page 1 of 4