Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vehicle Speed Mods (GEN Compatible!)

by Rainbow_Brite Posted 18th Jan 2010 at 9:45 PM - Updated 15th Jul 2011 at 1:10 AM by Rainbow_Brite

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Banned
#2 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 10:02 PM
Ha, I was trying to do this a while bakc and couldnt figure it out.

For reference, what is the default speed of the slowest car? Even the taxi is too fast for me, and especially the WA scooter. I'm curious to know how much slower they'll be.

Edit: Woops, scooter not included. Well, the default speed anyway is still something im curious about :p
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
Ha, I was trying to do this a while bakc and couldnt figure it out.

For reference, what is the default speed of the slowest car? Even the taxi is too fast for me, and especially the WA scooter. I'm curious to know how much slower they'll be.

Edit: Woops, scooter not included. Well, the default speed anyway is still something im curious about :p

I'm assuming your talking about the used car right? If it is, its 32 to 33 MPH default
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 3:21 AM
I really love this. At the speed sims drive, they get whiplash everytime they sit behind the wheel.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 3:56 AM
LOL I know I couldn't stand it! I'm glad you enjoy the mod!
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 6:39 PM
Thankyou for this, I found this very useful. I hated how fast they were going.
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 1:21 AM
Default Non World Adventures Version?
I don't have World Adventures or HELS, could you please make a version for other people like us? Thanks man
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 8:32 AM
It should work with just the Base Game.. try it out and let me know I don't think that EA changed the vehicle files, because I haven't updated this mod for WA or HELS.. because I didn't include the scooter from WA so I'm pretty sure it will work
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th May 2010 at 8:27 PM
I dont think this mod is working in my game. Everyone is still driving around at the speed of light. I have all current expansions but installed Loft Stuff last. Should i put the mod in the Loft Stuff Mod/Package folder instead?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th May 2010 at 4:24 AM
You need to put the mod where ever the rest of your mods are Are you running a core mod? Make sure your framework is installed correctly If you want them to drive slow.. I suggest you download the 25 MPH version Let me know if you have anyother issues
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 9:10 PM
thanks for this. I'm so glad this mod is compatible with ambitions

but is there any possible way to make the cars go even slower? I thought the speed of the un-upgraded fire truck was perfect
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 7:10 PM
I love watching the neighborhood go by as my sims drive. Now I can enjoy it at a much slower pace, thank you Rainbow. I love your mods! <3
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 9:21 PM
It doesn't seem to work on all cars. some used cars still travel at the speed of light and habitually run over taxis and scooters. Anyone else?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 12:53 AM
Yea.. I never updated this mod for WA. So the scooters are not included. Also, in the description of the mod.. it lists what cars are affected by this mod. If a new car was added from WA, HELS or AMB.. then it will not have the same speed restrictions as the cars that came with the base game.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 4:26 AM Last edited by ripple : 13th Jun 2010 at 7:05 AM.
Ah, I see. You listed the mod as compatible with Ambitions (which it is), so I just assumed it included the expansion vehicles. It seems to work with the scooter though...or maybe the scooter is just inherently slower than the cars in the game. I am curious, why not a global hack that would affect all vehicles?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 8:35 AM
Well this is a global hack.. but I have to manually find ALL of the car files and edit them individually.. and the compile them all together for the mod.. if that makes sense..

What speed did you like the most.. I can go back in and see which ones I could add..
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rainbow_Brite
Well this is a global hack.. but I have to manually find ALL of the car files and edit them individually.. and the compile them all together for the mod.. if that makes sense..

What speed did you like the most.. I can go back in and see which ones I could add..

I see what you mean. I was under the impression that the game just assigned one speed to all vehicles. I used the 40MPH version.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 9:32 AM
Yea.. no. It doesn't work that way. I have to set each vehicle by hand :/
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 8:33 PM
That's a lot of work. It's very strange that EA implements vehicle speed this way. Although it makes sense for the sake of "realism", this is also what causes the "running over each other" effect for vehicles when they go at different speeds. I also assume that player-made vehicles would need to be edited themselves to match any speed change mods.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 12:37 AM
Well vehicles that are player-made are meshed from existing vehicles.. from what I understand. So.. I think that the speed affects those cars just like it does with the cars that came with the game And yes.. it is A LOT of work to find every vehicle within the code and edit it. I think they set different speeds so that the cheaper cars were slower and the more expensive cars were faster I mean I guess that makes sense.. haha
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 7:40 AM
Thank you so much, Rainbow for this mod It's so nice to be able to see the world go by in a normal fashion instead of in a fast blur as my sims drive. It's also very useful for machinima I truly appreciate the hard work you put into this.
Test Subject
#23 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 10:57 PM
I adore this mod. Is there any chance of you adding a slower speed mod for the motorcycle?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 5:19 AM
Yea I could.. 15MPH.. same as the scooter and bicycle?
Test Subject
#25 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 7:51 AM
that'll be perfect

thanks RB
Page 1 of 2