Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fixes for the broken lights in EA glass doors and arches, and Lemoncandy's glass door

by plasticbox Posted 4th Feb 2010 at 9:09 PM - Updated 13th Jan 2015 at 4:23 AM by plasticbox

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 9:21 PM
You did a really good job! Thanks for putting so much effort into this!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 10:53 PM
You know, when I play the game, this stuff really bugs me, By the time I quit playing I have forgotten about it. Until the next time I play, I say "oh yeah, dammit".

This will save me my forgotten angers. lol

Anywhooooos, Thank you Alotly!!

ClicknPsycho
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 12:00 AM
Thank you for your hard creative work that you share with us! I really enjoy your quality of work!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 4:17 AM
awesomness! thnks
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 4:11 PM
Much needed. Thank you SOO much! :D
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ua_tolga
Biraz gereksiz gibi geldi zaten orjinal ışıklar yeterli bence

Roughly Translates to:
"Seemed a bit unnecessary I think enough is already the original light"

Umm, nope.

ClicknPsycho
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 6:12 PM
wait so your saying door with arch should cost less than door without arch?
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 8:12 PM
Ah, very cool. Thanks alot for this.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Saku99
wait so your saying door with arch should cost less than door without arch?
There are no doors without arches in the game. What I'm saying is that a door with arch should cost more than just an arch.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 5:16 PM
Well, I can't wait to see the difference in game! Thanks for taking the time to fix these!

I don't mean to request something (don't eat me!), but it has been bothering me since patch 1.8.25--The garage door. It's lighting is like the rest of these doors and way off. I don't know if you're planning to update any of the other doors or windows (like from WA or HELS) but that garage door sure could use some fixing, and maybe you could include if you do update other doors/windows?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 11:52 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 8th Feb 2010 at 12:17 PM.
Well if you "don't mean to request something", then I would suggest that you .. don't.

Feel free to recycle my files if you do a garage door fix. Same goes for anyone who wants to do WA/HELS/whatever other door fixes. I have no interest in WA or HELS so I don't care about those doors and won't do fixes for them.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#13 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 9:36 PM
Excellent! Thank you :-)
Test Subject
#14 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 10:24 PM
"The fix for Lemoncandy's door will have to be installed so that it overrides that door (e.g. edit your resource.cfg so that it reads /Mods/Overrides with a higher priority, then plunk my package into /Overrides. If you don't understand what this means, do not use that fix). Lemoncandy, feel free to take this and use it for your door if you want."

Thank you for doing this but, could you be a little more specific about fixing Lemmoncandy's door. It would really be appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aussiegirl4ever
"The fix for Lemoncandy's door will have to be installed so that it overrides that door (e.g. edit your resource.cfg so that it reads /Mods/Overrides with a higher priority, then plunk my package into /Overrides. If you don't understand what this means, do not use that fix). Lemoncandy, feel free to take this and use it for your door if you want."

Thank you for doing this but, could you be a little more specific about fixing Lemmoncandy's door. It would really be appreciated.

Yeah, (unless I'm not seeing the whole picture here) I'm not sure I quite understand the "edit your resource config" bit. Do I edit The Single "Resource.cfg" file or add an override folder to my mods folder?

Eg: Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Override

Thanks!

BTW, Great mod, I'm suprised EA overlooked this!
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 8:04 AM
thank you, those broken door lights totally annoyed me!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 9:42 AM
thanks for this - i so hate when putting doors and windows in has no effect on the lighting.

ps and thank you for setting up folders in your downloads, it makes life so much easier
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 5:39 PM Last edited by _danh : 29th Aug 2012 at 1:42 PM. Reason: Answered own question
Do the fixes for the EA doors & arches go in the Overrides or Mods folder? And is it safe to combine the packages?

EDIT: Answered my own question through trial & error. The fixes for the EA stuff go in Packages, and the fix for lemoncandy's door goes in Overrides. And yes, you can merge the packages, in case anyone else wanted to know.
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by _danh
Do the fixes for the EA doors & arches go in the Overrides or Mods folder? And is it safe to combine the packages?

EDIT: Answered my own question through trial & error. The fixes for the EA stuff go in Packages, and the fix for lemoncandy's door goes in Overrides. And yes, you can merge the packages, in case anyone else wanted to know.

its same dude xD

(...) sat on the beach looking at the sunset, while the world dies (...) dropping a tear, not because the world dies, but because he will never be with somebody (...) by WorldCompany January 1th.
Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 9:34 AM
Wondering if anyone still uses this mod and if it works up through University? Thank you in advance
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Genaeve
Wondering if anyone still uses this mod and if it works up through University? Thank you in advance

It still works as this mod is overriding original resources, so no conflict or outdatedness is possible.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 3:55 PM
I always wondered what was up with those doors. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 1:05 AM
tks~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 4:13 AM
Excellent fixes! Much appreciated, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 2:03 PM
thanks
Page 1 of 2