Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

My Old Kentucky Home

by triciamanly Posted 15th Feb 2010 at 8:38 PM

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 11:34 PM
Lovely house! I cannot wait to try it.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 1:48 AM
(Swoops in, downloads and swoops out)
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 9:50 PM
Oooh! I used to live by Bowling Green! Yay! And I swear I've seen a house like that,there! *downloads and over-uses* *runs out of space and has to make a new neighborhood for it*

Call me Maria(:
Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 10:23 PM
Really nice, Triciamanly

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 3:22 AM
You're all great to comment! Thank you! And to noteardrops, I have really fond memories of Bowling Green and I hope you do too!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 7:11 AM
Really nice home! I like the floorplan, you did a really great job on it, because the house is not too big, even so lot of space in it!
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 9:08 AM
Lovely home, really really nice!
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 8:32 PM
Just the kind of house I like. I agree with StellRien, great floor plan not too big but still a lot of space. Thanks for sharing!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 10:24 PM
My grandmother would be thrilled to know that people like her house! She lived there 50 years! Thank you for your comments.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:10 AM
I live in Bowling Green, Kentucky! Omg! I saw a house like that as I was driving down, perhaps that might be your grandmother's?

Cheers
Brit

graphic designer. how in the world do i still have this account after so many years?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 4:23 AM
Kjsdx3, how interesting! The house was located downtown at 324 E. 10th Street. It's law offices now. It was right across the street from the central fire station and Gerard and Bradley funeral home. I added some dormers that the house didn't have, but the interior floor plan was pretty close! Thank you for commenting!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 7:39 PM
What a nice, lovely home! I really like it. XDD
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 2:37 AM
blueskies, I so appreciate your comment and am thrilled you like the house!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 7:08 PM
Wow, it's been quite a while, but I've finally found it. This was the first house I fell in love with on MTS. It's been years since I first dowloaded and played it, but I just wanted to say Thank You for sharing such a wonderful old home. I take it that the original home is no longer standing? If so, it's kind of sad, but atleast its memory will live on.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergie_F
Wow, it's been quite a while, but I've finally found it. This was the first house I fell in love with on MTS. It's been years since I first dowloaded and played it, but I just wanted to say Thank You for sharing such a wonderful old home. I take it that the original home is no longer standing? If so, it's kind of sad, but atleast its memory will live on.

Fergie, it's lovely to get a comment on an old upload! The house is actually still there. My brother went by a few years ago and took pictures. It's recognizable although it has been changed into law offices. It's right down the street from the courthouse. My mother, who is 93, still wants to "go home" there. I wish I could take her, but she would be disappointed.
Scholar
#17 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by triciamanly
Fergie, it's lovely to get a comment on an old upload! The house is actually still there. My brother went by a few years ago and took pictures. It's recognizable although it has been changed into law offices. It's right down the street from the courthouse. My mother, who is 93, still wants to "go home" there. I wish I could take her, but she would be disappointed.

It's a relief to know it's still standing. I did a little sleuthing using Google Maps/Streetview and the address you gave in a previous comment, but I was unable to work out which house it was. But anyway, it's good to know it's still standing.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#18 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 10:15 PM
It's a relief to know it's still standing. I did a little sleuthing using Google Maps/Streetview and the address you gave in a previous comment, but I was unable to work out which house it was. But anyway, it's good to know it's still standing.

My husband found the old house because we knew it was down the street from the courthouse. The address now is 357 E. 10th Ave. I haven't seen it since 1973, and I added dormers that weren't there because you know how the mods feel about large plain roofs! all the best Fergie!
Scholar
#19 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 8:45 PM
My husband found the old house because we knew it was down the street from the courthouse. The address now is 357 E. 10th Ave. I haven't seen it since 1973, and I added dormers that weren't there because you know how the mods feel about large plain roofs! all the best Fergie!

It wouldn't happen to be this one, would it?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 10:26 PM
It wouldn't happen to be this one, would it?

It's the one across the street, 349! The white siding house with black shutters. 357 used to be Gerard and Bradley Funeral home and next to that on the left used to be a fire station. Now I'm embarassed because my house really doesn't look much like the original! Thanks so much for sending the link!
Scholar
#21 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 6:53 PM
It's the one across the street, 349! The white siding house with black shutters. 357 used to be Gerard and Bradley Funeral home and next to that on the left used to be a fire station. Now I'm embarassed because my house really doesn't look much like the original! Thanks so much for sending the link!

So it was this one? I think I've found a pic of the old fire station too. Well, you've made a great house anyway, I think I might make it in the sims 3 so that I can use it once again.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#22 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 10:43 PM
Thanks so much for the historical pictures. Yes, the old fire department I remember is this one:

And the roof of the house can be seen in this one, taken from the police department across and down the street:

You can imagine how much I enjoyed the walk down memory lane! I hope you will rebuild the house in sims3! Maybe make it look more like the real one! All the best Fergie! Anne
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 1:34 PM
Thanks You!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 4:20 AM
This house is incredible, with so much space, and the look on the outside is great, actually this house is going to be on the best part of my neighborhood, love the big spaces on the rooms from the first floor, and the many bedrooms that you put in there. Thanks so much!