Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 8:51 PM
Thanks for the advice, its a biggie download but sure it will be worth it. Thanks again
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 11:14 PM
Thank you for sharing your tutorial, it is very easy to follow =c)
Test Subject
#53 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 10:07 PM
Thanks Faylen, your tutorials are great. I even figured how to get them to work with PSP. Now if I could download some talent........
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 2nd May 2005 at 1:49 AM
Well, you know what they say about practice making perfect.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Field Researcher
#55 Old 4th May 2005 at 3:48 AM
Awesome tutorial, to say the least. Faylen, you rock!! (This forum really need a "thank you" button, don`t you think? )
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 6th May 2005 at 2:59 PM
Huge huge thank you!

Without the tutorials here at MTS2..I would have never attempted to do these things.

Thanks to this..I made my first 2 retextures of clothing. I have known how to recolor for sometime but got bored with that rather easy just changing colors of stuff.

But this was great, I didn't know it could be so easy.

I found my own way of doing it that works best for me but I would have been lost without an idea of what direction to go.

My stuff is very amatuer and I will only do it for my own amusement but it is fun nonetheless and I can finally make some things myself that I haven't been able to find anywhere else.
Test Subject
#57 Old 8th May 2005 at 7:10 PM
I can't believe you actually sat down and made this tutorial, must've taken you hours if not days. You deserve high praise.

I was reading through the last tutorial how you do meshes....I sorta gave up real quick. But I read on a site where you can download simpe(?) and it said something about if you downloaded it, it could screw up the game.... a tutorial on how you download everything you need to do a mesh would be great. You've done a lot al ready, but if you have some time over....?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 8th May 2005 at 7:22 PM
I'm so glad to see people learning to skin! Keep in mind that this is a jumping-off point. Many talented people are hand-painting, creating their own unique textures, doing work that really qualifies as art. I feel, though, that once you've become confident enough with the basics, you can feel more comfortable playing with your paint program and expanding your own repertoire.

Now, for the meshing - WDS Brianna's tutorial covers what you need to know and have to start. I'm just now starting to play with it myself, and if I think there's a need to expand on it (or dumb it down, hyuck, hyuck. . .) I'll do it, but for now it seems to have worked well for enough people that it should be the first place you go.

Lab Assistant
#59 Old 17th May 2005 at 10:35 PM
Faylen thank you very much for your tutorial it helped me alot but I couldn't understand clearly what you did in step 20 how did you end up with five rectangles and how did you make 5 layers can you explain me a little?Thanks
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 18th May 2005 at 2:22 AM
Each time you paste, or paste into, you create a new layer. I find it easier and neater to select each section of the clothing and paste into, rather than trying to rescale, copy and paste a texture large enough to fill the entire thing and then worry about the pattern being placed properly on each section.

Lab Assistant
#61 Old 18th May 2005 at 9:53 AM Last edited by simal10 : 18th May 2005 at 7:50 PM.
Thank you again Faylen now I can do all the steps yippe
Check what I did -->http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...?threadid=63970
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 18th May 2005 at 11:16 AM
Oh my! Thank you very very very much, Faylen!!!
#63 Old 25th May 2005 at 8:08 PM
Faylen you are so nice to share how to do this i will definitly show you what i make if i can figure it out lol!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 7:05 AM
THANK YOU!!!!!

Anji
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 21st Jun 2005 at 3:42 AM
Now I sure hope I can make skins, it looks so easy when I see yours right there, but when it goes for me to try, hmmm I must be missing some of my brain. LOL Thank you for the tutorial and the work you put in making all these for us.
Test Subject
#66 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 8:06 PM
In step 20, you mention refreshing the image in BodyShop before flattening the image. I have found no way to refresh the image without flattening and then saving over the original texture file. Am I missing something? Great tutorial BTW.
#67 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 8:22 PM
[QUOTE=roxxy]Hey thanks for this.. it will be a big help.

Hi my name is Yasmin but i don't know where should i find the AdobePhotoShop?? :fallen:

i am really so sad coz i am still 13 years but i don't understand anything about making my own project !! i am really so happy and proud from u !!
i wish u could help me by emailing me to : sweetlovelygirl_yasmin@hotmail.com!!!!
ok
thanx alot
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Abbiesaunt1997
In step 20, you mention refreshing the image in BodyShop before flattening the image. I have found no way to refresh the image without flattening and then saving over the original texture file. Am I missing something? Great tutorial BTW.

Yep - you're refreshing the image in Body Shop, which you can do by clicking on the little circular arrow icon in the display box next to the mannequin. You don't need to flatten the image in PhotoShop, just "save as". If you're using something different that insists you must, see if you can delete the step later, or step back if you need to.

retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 1:54 AM
Yasmin, Photoshop is a commercially available program (which means you have to convince your parents to buy it). There's no need to bump, or spam forums.

Test Subject
#70 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 3:52 PM
thanks fay you must be very patient and wise to make such tutorials thanks again.

Please visit our site The Sims2 Valley for more great downloads.
Test Subject
#71 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 5:35 PM
Hi, I've looked through the messages here and haven't seen this question so I'm hoping that someone has an answer.

I have followed the tutorials, and thank you so much! I can do the recolors and textures. But I have a big problem with the textures coming through blurry in the game. They don't look bad in Body Shop but when I turn the game on and make a character with those clothes, they look very blurry.

My question is, how the heck do I get crisp looking textures in the game? It's disappointing because I'd really like for my elders to have some Hawaiian textured bathing suits.

Thanks,
Jo
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 7:07 PM
Set your graphics in the game to high. If that doesn't help, try saving your files in PhotoShop at a higher resolution.

Test Subject
#73 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 9:20 PM
I keep forgetting that the game resolutions can be set higher but I have a feeling that isn't going to make a difference for me. I don't have the recommended graphics card although I do have a compatible one.

A higher resolution in Photoshop? I have Paint Shop Pro but I've been able to figure the similarities. What would you recommend?

Thanks,
Jo
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 9:33 PM
I don't know PSP, so I couldn't tell you how to change the resolution settings in it. It should be in your file or edit pull-down menus, though.

Test Subject
#75 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 10:29 PM
I know how to change the resolution, it's just what to change it to, Faylen.

Jo
Page 3 of 12