Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Floodfill Dresses Be GONE! UPDATE- Please Read!

by nichellerj Posted 8th Mar 2010 at 12:38 AM - Updated 22nd Aug 2010 at 3:14 AM by nichellerj

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 12:44 AM Last edited by 403880 : 8th Mar 2010 at 1:06 AM.
Thanks, these are very nice. Can you do a defult version for adults too?

EDIT: I love how your modal is terrified when she is wearing the old ones but happy when wearing the new.
Scholar
#3 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 1:56 AM
I thought I was the only one who didn't like those dresses, thank you!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 4:03 AM
I like these! The thing I hated most about all those dresses was the SHOES. They weren't colored or styled well at all! This ensemble is much much better!
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 5:18 AM
This is awesome. I hope to see more Default replacements of this nature!!
Scholar
#6 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 5:49 AM
I can't thank you enough for saving my eyes from the pain of the horrid colors!
Instant favourite thank you x1000000000000
Finally the teen townies will have decent formals for weddings, hoorah!

(is it obvious that i am happy?)

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure"

Yet another Tumblr
Livejournal
Instructor
#7 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 7:55 AM
I'd love it if you did it for adults as well. These a re so much better, and I love the shoes.
Inventor
#8 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 9:00 AM
These are gorgeous. As I don't like having loads of cc in my game default replacements are very welcome, these look so much better and I'll actually use these dresses a lot more now. Thanks =)

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Field Researcher
#9 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 9:13 AM
Wonderful, wonderful stuff! Thank you for these. Anything that helps stomp the ugly of poorly-crafted EAxis-made things is always welcome in my game!

(PS Thought I'd mention that I saved 8MB by using DJSims' compressorizer on these - it's a great gizmo that really helps to keep down file sizes, if you haven't tried it yet).
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 9:32 AM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 12:28 PM
These are absolutely amazing, I LOVE YOU, thanks.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#12 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 3:36 PM
Gorgeous!! I've never been able to understand what Maxis were thinking when they made these dresses - and don't even get me started on the shoes. My Sim teens and I thank you!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 5:44 PM
Wonderful! :D
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 5:43 PM
I will use these now! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scarletwings
Wonderful, wonderful stuff! Thank you for these. Anything that helps stomp the ugly of poorly-crafted EAxis-made things is always welcome in my game!

(PS Thought I'd mention that I saved 8MB by using DJSims' compressorizer on these - it's a great gizmo that really helps to keep down file sizes, if you haven't tried it yet).

Thanks! I've just installed it and am running my files through it right now. Makes me wonder why I didn't do this ages ago...

G.K. Chesterton said, “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 403880
Thanks, these are very nice. Can you do a defult version for adults too?

EDIT: I love how your modal is terrified when she is wearing the old ones but happy when wearing the new.

These show up for the Adults and YA if you have Nightlife or University (or both) installed.

Updated the main post with this info, as I just noticed it a few minutes ago.

G.K. Chesterton said, “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 9:20 PM
These are my least favorite Maxis outfits, madame we are in your debt.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 1:41 AM
These are great, thanks for sharing, and I'd love to see more Default replacements!

Love The Sims Always
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 4:26 AM
These are such nice dresses, thank you so much for making them :-)
Instructor
#20 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 11:58 AM
Thank you for getting rid of those hideous default outfits.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nichellerj
Thanks! I've just installed it and am running my files through it right now. Makes me wonder why I didn't do this ages ago...

Haha - that's exactly what I thought the first time I tried it! Really helps to keep my Downloads folder down to an (almost) reasonable size.

Also, a HUGE new thanks for the discovery that this did all the similar dresses in the different age ranges - woo, bonus defaults in one small, neat package! Superb work and thanks for these again
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 1:51 AM
These are awesome! oh- and by the way- i share the same problem with you,nichellerj.Floodfill dresses- getting old!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 4:53 PM
Thank you, great idea! I've always hated these default dresses
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 6:01 PM
Thank you so much! I couldn't stand those halter dresses! Yours are so much nicer.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#25 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 8:36 PM
Oooh these are so pretty. Much nicer than the originals. Thanks for sharing!
Page 1 of 3