Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Custom Career: Show Business

by Lily__XD Posted 18th Mar 2010 at 2:25 AM - Updated 8th May 2012 at 9:38 PM by Lily__XD

114 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 100 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Inventor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 2:55 AM
Looking forward to trying out this career! Thank you for creating this and sharing it.
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 3:00 AM
This looks so cool! Thanks so much!
Instructor
#4 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 3:20 AM
Thanks a ton!

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 5:18 AM
Love it!! Keep them coming
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 6:53 AM
It's a cool one. Only a quick question. Is there any career related opportunity?
The other one
#7 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 7:12 AM
I've never been tempted to try a custom career until now but this sounds awesome! Looks like a lot of work went into it, thanks Can't wait to get back to my home pc and DL this now!
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 10:34 AM
Okay thanks lily_XD. But could you do what carlos done and aslo make a studio rabbithole and let them go there. Thanks that would be awsome. Or if anyone could make a nice loking studio it would be nice.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 10:57 AM Last edited by BaXiM : 19th Mar 2010 at 9:58 PM. Reason: Strings got imported into main package => removed from here.
Default german translation
Thanks, sounds great. Maybe you could team up with Carlos for a TV- and Movie-studio?
Could you also please add a german translation? The translated strings are in the attachment. (edit: Got added to main package.) The only thing still missing is a female version of the last string, as I don't know how to create (working) new strings in s3pe. If you could provide a stringtable like twallan does, I could try to create one and it would be easier for other people to provide you with translations for their languages.
Oh, and I think I found some typos in the englisch strings:
Kidds
BodyDouble
BroadwayStar
HollywoodLegend
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#11 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 1:46 PM
Fabulous! Thank you :-)
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 3:14 PM
Are there any uniforms involved? x
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 4:02 PM
FINALY!! Was sooo bored of my creative sims being forced to work in music! (I'm studying to be an actress but cant hold a tune so my self sim was stuck working part time in the cinema!) THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wheatberry
It's a cool one. Only a quick question. Is there any career related opportunity?

No there aren't any opportunities or events, sorry i forgot to metion that, I might try putting some in sometime. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CarlosFilipePedro
Hi Lily__XD, I build a building in my world and I tried to build a career ( TV and Broadcast ) but I never got it to work. Your career is similar in many ways. Do you have to use the theater or could it work on your own custom rabbit whole ?
Thank U very much, Carlos

The rabbithole must be one of the EA ons which you can't see inside eg. the hospital, the theatre, the bookstore ect.

Thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 5:23 PM Last edited by Lily__XD : 18th Mar 2010 at 7:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by starsarah
Are there any uniforms involved? x

Nope, no uniforms, I didn't think it'd be appropriate for the career as actors usually get changed on set plus you can only use pre-made uniforms in custom careers and I didn't think any of the EA ones really fit.

@ BaXiM Thanks for those and for pointing out my spelling mistakes. I've added the strings to the package and am about to upload the new version now, could you get back to me and tell me if they work in-game (I cant test since i don't have the german version of the game)

Saved under LilyXD_ShowBizCareer_1.1

Thanks
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 8:10 PM
Awesome:D
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 11:02 PM Last edited by Praetorian : 18th Mar 2010 at 11:29 PM.
Hello! I love this idea for a career. Nice change from being a rock star LOL! I didn't add it for one reason only. I am a former English teacher and to me bad grammar and/or spelling are my version of the proverbial fingernails down the chalkboard. However, I am posting NOT to be critical but, to offer services as a proofreader for you and anyone else who wishes to show this level of creativity. So if you like, I will happily correct all text and send it back to you. What is the best way to exchange e-mail contact info?
I don't know how long these posts can be. If there is room, I could correct it all and post it here. if there is another post from me right after this one, then it worked...
One final note. Thank you for taking the time to create and post here. It is honestly more than I have done. (thus far) I hope to be contributing soon. (probably mostly maps)
- Praetorian
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 11:19 PM
Levels
1. Directors Chair Carrier
- Just because you're in Show Business don't expect all glitz and glamour! Your job is to carry the director's chair. Keep it safe, be reliable, maybe crack a joke or two. Everyone is counting on you to keep the Director comfortable. Impress them and you might just get on camera.

2. Extra
- The Director must've noticed some of those witty jokes you were cracking because he's decided the public will love you! Okay, so it's not a big role but, being in the background's only a couple of steps away from being in the foreground.

3. Body Double
- Finally! Some actual screen time. Admittedly it'll probably be of the back of your head, or maybe your butt, but with a bit of luck nobody will ever know it was you. Get your abs in shape, you'll definitely need them, plus major hotness is a crucial factor if you want to make it far in the world of Show Business.

4. Person With Line
- Congratulations! You've made it to a speaking part. Right now your options are wide open. You could be playing anything from a happy go lucky preschool teacher to the elusive man at the end of the bar. Be sure to dazzle the audience with your witty, if infrequent, appearances and soon you might even earn a name!

5. Commercial Actor
- Sell! Sell! Sell! Your time on TV is now devoted to promoting those products. Clear out the stocks with your quick tongue. Impress the public with your dazzling smile to wangle yourself a place in one of the shows.

6. Cheesy Kids Show Presenter
- Kids today are pretty lazy but they're providing you with a great job. You are now regarded as the lowest of the low within the acting community, something of a joke, but don't worry everyone's been there. Getting as many actors as possible on your side might be a good idea. Meanwhile you must keep the little ones entertained. Creativity is essential. Let's just hope you can stick out the hours of boring cartoons!

7. Soap Star
-You're really hitting the big time now! Regular appearances on TV, an actual character to play, maybe even a few fans. Your job is pretty straight forward: read the script and follow the directions, but lets see if you can't give your character the spark he or she needs. From here on out it's all about popularity. Win over your Co-Stars and soon the public will be enthralled with you as well...

8. Broadway Star
-Off of the Screen and onto the stage. Your in Broadway Baby! Singing, dancing and role-playing are top of your to-do list. Dig deep and bring out the star in yourself to inspire your fans. It's only with their backing that you'll get onto the big screen!

9. Movie Lead
- You've hit the big screen! Your time to shine has finally come. You're fan base is growing and people are expecting big things from you. Blockbuster releases, movie premiers and news interviews await you now that you're becoming better known. Your abs of steel will keep the ladies on your side but be sure to keep working at your sharp tongue for your main fans.

10. Hollywood Legend
- Every sim everywhere, recognizes your face. You have a series of best-selling movies under your belt. You are the idol of many, in a place only few have made it to. Successions of new movies await you, and with you in their cast they're sure to do well. Directors fight over you and your the face of a zillion products. It's safe to say you've got what you came for. You're finally Famous!

PRAETORIAN: That should do it. It is still not entirely correct but, I wanted to preserve your original wording as much as possible. It is at least, acceptable level
english/grammar/spelling now. I hope this posts. It is rather long. We'll find out in a few seconds....
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lily__XD
No there aren't any opportunities or events, sorry i forgot to metion that, I might try putting some in sometime. Any suggestions?

Thanks

This brings up another question for me. I am assuming you want the same attributes/skills as one would for a music career to pursue this one. Is this correct? (IE: Artistic, Virtuoso)
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 12:29 AM
I agree with Praetorian, I came by to post that I really liked the concept a lot, but the male spin and the grammar errors have kept me from downloading. Keep up the creative work and if an updated version with corrections like Praetorian has suggested is released, I'll be sure to download that.
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 5:01 AM

Thanks

I could help think of some opportunities and events. I'm really related to the movie business so if you want me to give you a list of some just get at me and I'll be glad to help out.

I just love it when people make more careers!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 5:57 PM Last edited by Lily__XD : 19th Mar 2010 at 7:46 PM.
@ Praetorian & Spacerox Okay hi, thanks for the spelling mistakes and such, im not usually a bad speller but filling in loads of XML is really frustrating. I'll try putting them in sometimes but for me it's a pretty lengthy process and since i have a social life and homework and everything else this might take a backseat

@ Tribbs
Hey that'd be great! Could you pm, just click my name then there should be a link on my page to send me a message, preferably by ModTheSims not email, I hardly ever check them

@ Praetorian
There aren't necessarily any traits needed (in any of the careers not just custom ones) but those that could give you a head start are charismatic and friendly

Thanks
Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 6:45 PM
Looks great, Lily!

Just to tell you, Career Events are easy to make than opportunities, and give a wider ability. With the Opportunities, your stuck to the ones EA gave us.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 10:05 PM
@ BaXiM Thanks for those and for pointing out my spelling mistakes. I've added the strings to the package and am about to upload the new version now, could you get back to me and tell me if they work in-game (I cant test since i don't have the german version of the game)

Thanks for adding them so quickly. I checked ingame and they seem to work (at least for joining the career, I had no time to check further). However, I stumbled upon two or three strings I seem to have messed up. In the attachment is a fixed version.
Looking forward to your next release. If there are any new strings, just PM me for a translation.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MTS_Lily__XD_1072456_LilyXD_ShowBizCareer_updated.rar (10.9 KB, 95 downloads)
Description: Version with fixed german strings. Sorry, my fault
Page 1 of 5