Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drinks For Your Sims - updated for patch 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 19th Apr 2010 at 8:15 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:12 AM by ani_

338 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 270 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 14
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 8:55 PM
That's, huh, great!
I have translations for French games. These only apply in this context.
Sing --> Chantonner
Pass Out --> Tomber dans un coma éthylique
Get Drunk --> Se soûler
Wet Self --> ??? (what is this interaction ?)
Change To Random Outfit --> Changer de tenue
Get Naked --> Se déshabiller
Bad Buzz --> Être électrocuté
Cry --> Pleurer pour un rien
Drunk Hysteria --> Être en état d'ébriété

Also, according to Wikipedia, a drunk man may suffer from nausea, vomiting, and tend to avoid light and noise. You should add those symptoms (if possible), and also add a high chance of accepting marriage proposals during the following hours.
Is this interaction can be selected on nectar or wine?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by timoram26
Wet Self --> ??? (what is this interaction ?)
Change To Random Outfit --> Changer de tenue

Wet Self --> Se faire pipi dessus
Change To Random Outfit --> Changer de tenue de façon aléatoire

Thanks for this great mod ani !
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 10:11 PM
Nice mod! :D
But what's about German translations? You didn't mentioned them, but I think this "DE" you wrote at Greece might be German.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 10:19 PM
Amazing :D
I don't have WA so I won't download right now, but thank you so much for creating this all the same. I hope to see some good machinimas pop up after this...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 11:03 PM
I have some rough thai training as well as an English --> thai dictionary. If anyone wants to correct feel free. Ones with * may be uncommon use or odd to someone who speaks thai. I'm not every fluent X____x

Sing : ร้องเพลง
Pass Out* : สลบเหมือด
Get Drunk : เป็นเมา
Wet Self* : สีดิน (Translated as "Soil Pants")
Change to Random Outfit : เปลี่ยนเสื้อผ้า
Take off Clothes* : ถอดเสื้อผ้า
Bad Buzz* : อาการเมาค้าง (Translated as Hangover)
Cry : ร้องไห้
Drunk Hysteria : ฮิสทีเรียเมา

Party up in here! BYOO!! Bring Your Own Overalls!!!
Scholar
#7 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 11:17 PM
Ha ha, cool. Thanks.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 11:42 PM
This is awesome. I was wishing this existed just the other day - you must be a mind reader.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 12:00 AM
Astonished.
I hope it works as your bed does, perfect for my vicious sims.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 12:09 AM Last edited by Aliera : 21st Apr 2010 at 5:22 PM.
So, in Portuguese:
'Sing' = Cantar
- 'Pass Out' = Desmaiar
- 'Get Drunk' = Embebedar-se
- 'Wet Self' = Mijar-se
- 'Change To Random Outfit' = Mudar de Roupa Aleatoriamente
- 'Get Naked' = Despir-se
- 'Bad Buzz' = Sentir-se mal
- 'Cry' = Chorar
- 'Drunk Hysteria' = Bebedeira Histerica.

I hope it helps.
Hugs
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 12:28 AM
Thankyou!

I was thinking the other day that WA seems unfinished with all the nectar but no drunk sims.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 12:49 AM
Do traits affect a sim's likelyhood to autonomously get drunk? Like Party Animals and Dare Devils would be more likely while Good, Diciplined, and Family Orniented sims would be less likely. I like that it's autonomous, but I don't really want to see *all* sims drinking themselves into a stuppor when some sims are more responsible, pillar-of-the-community types.

Also, does the hangover moodlet start as soon as the sim takes a drink? So it runs at the same time and the sugar rush? It would make more sense if the hangover appeared as soon as the sugar rush ran out, much like the buzzed and buzz crashed moodlets work.

Since TS3 first came out, I have wished that sims had the ability to actually get drunk, considering the amount of glassed of "juice" or nectar some consme in rapid succession, and the hangover moodlet as a consequence is just want I wanted.
Banned
#13 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 12:52 AM
If you can get drunk off of nectar that would be awesome to go along with my latest mod.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 1:26 AM
Oh, it's great to see this finally uploaded - am looking forward to trying it out! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 2:22 AM
I was just talking about how I wished for something like this in the comments of joninmobiles wine mod.. and now 'poof', here it is.. . Thank you. I can't wait to check it out.

oh and I just noticed..
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
If you can get drunk off of nectar that would be awesome to go along with my latest mod.

Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Bugs
- The get drunk interaction is also added to all bar trays if there are drinks served when the game loads. Unfortunately I still have not figured what to compare to distinguish a bar tray from a nectar tray, so any nectar trays that are served when the game is loaded, will also get this interaction.

So am I correct to say this does work with nectar/wine?!?
Inventor
#16 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 2:46 AM
I have wanted this since forever! Thanks so much xD
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 3:31 AM
What a great idea, I too like the idea that sims will be a bit random sometimes.

Quote: Originally posted by timoram26
Also, according to Wikipedia, a drunk man may suffer from nausea, vomiting, and tend to avoid light and noise. You should add those symptoms (if possible), and also add a high chance of accepting marriage proposals during the following hours.
Is this interaction can be selected on nectar or wine?

I like the random marriage proposals idea.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Do traits affect a sim's likelyhood to autonomously get drunk? Like Party Animals and Dare Devils would be more likely while Good, Diciplined, and Family Orniented sims would be less likely. I like that it's autonomous, but I don't really want to see *all* sims drinking themselves into a stuppor when some sims are more responsible, pillar-of-the-community types.

and I agree with Rosawyn.......Thanks
Forum Resident
#18 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 3:50 AM
what would be good is if the drunk sim could get pregnant randomly and not know who the father is until its born
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 5:37 AM
Wow, that is funny. You have done a fantastic job. Thank you very much and bye. Have to try out a new mod ...!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 6:06 AM
Nik Sim: It seems so, will fix the text when I get home.

Rosawyn: You get both moodlets at the same time, that's why the sugar rush moodlet is so big, and the hangover moodlet is so long so when the sugar rush runs out, you are left with the hangover. If I remember correctly party animals do have bigger attractivness to drinking than others. If you have S3PE you can check it from the ITUN files. I can check it later.

Fizzy9: I only added the drunk interaction to drinks made in a bar. The interaction how ever appears when you start your game and you have a served tray of nectar. But this is a bug and will be fixed when I figure out how to distinguish between the two trays as in code level, they are the same object. I won't be adding this functionality to nectar because I want to keep it a sophisticated drink.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 6:34 AM
this looks good! i definitely want to test this out. getting drunk seemed like the only things sims couldn't do yet.. besides smoke. :P
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 11:14 AM
I downloaded this but when I went to play my game I could not click any bottens. when i removed this mod I could. I am not sure if it was conclicting with another modI just thought i should let you know. I have checked the Dashboard and can find nothing the conflicts with this mod. I just can not click on any buttons such as the new game button or choose and families
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 11:14 AM
Haha, awesome mod! Been wanting this for a while, actually.

Here are the Norwegian translations:
- 'Sing': Syng
- 'Pass Out': Svim av
- 'Get Drunk': Bli full
- 'Wet Self': Tiss på deg
- 'Change To Random Outfit': Bytt til tilfeldig antrekk
- 'Get Naked': Vær naken
- 'Bad Buzz': Få støt
- 'Cry': Gråt
- 'Drunk Hysteria': Fyllehysteri
Mad Poster
#24 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 11:41 AM
Ah, yes. Takes me back to Sims 1 with their drunk animations and stories. Will be testing it out, thanks for sharing.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Inventor
#25 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 1:29 PM
Great idea! But nectar is wine and some people do get drunk from wine or prefer to get drunk from wine. If you ever add a version that allows the action (deliberately) to get drunk while drinking nectar/wine, then I'll try this mod out. I normally don't put bars in my sim's homes, but I do let them drink nectar or buy it when on vacation in France.
Page 1 of 14