Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Carnegie Manor II

by tamileek Posted 23rd Apr 2010 at 9:42 PM - Updated 27th Apr 2010 at 1:34 AM by tamileek : Custom Content Changes

8 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 11:27 PM
This is amazing. I love, love, love this house. Thank you for uploading it =)
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 11:28 PM
Just have to say how much I love this house!!
Scholar
#4 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 12:51 AM
Very sweet home.
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 10:15 AM
great house i love it thanks a mil and keep it up
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 2:27 PM
This is amazing !! I must tell you, I rarely download houses because none of them seem to suit my taste BUT this is just perfect !! The design is amazing! I am in love with it! Congratulations!! And a biiiiiiig thank you !!
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 5:22 AM
I love it and I'll be using it, but I have to ask.....what's the the dining room being so far from the kitchen (great kitchen by the way) and what is with that gaping and barren living room?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aceofbades
... what's the the dining room being so far from the kitchen (great kitchen by the way) and what is with that gaping and barren living room?

Re: the dining room- I find that my sims never use the dining room if I build a bar and/or breakfast nook, and this has both, so the dining room's a few steps away. Additionally, I knew I wanted a big, grand dining room with a fireplace and lots of windows. You could easily rearrange things, and moving the dining room just to the right of the kitchen and repurpose the current dining room.

Same goes for the formal living space- I started to make it elaborate, but my sims almost never use the formal living space if there's a TV somewhere else (life imitate art much?) but I don't want to not have one. I like having the formal living space boast decor and not TV. With that, I wanted a large, grand, open feel. Almost TOO big, the way some huge fancy homes don't feel homey so much as like a museum. Upstairs has been made much more family friendly. And, again, there IS a lot of space for you to make adjustments as you deem necessary.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 7:53 PM
To everyone else- I'm glad you love it! I've been having so much fun with this house! I might not build a new one for awhile because I love this one so much!