Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2010 at 2:07 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Feb 2014 at 7:20 PM.
Default The “Sit Back & Watch Challenge.”
The “Sit Back & Watch Challenge.”

I have been playing different families like this for a while and at first its VERY frustrating but after a while its quite fun! Im not sure if there are similar challenges out there so if there is I apologize in advance.

What you need to do it create a family of 8 Sims comprising of 4 adults, 2 teens, 1 child and 1 toddler. The teens, kid and toddler can be related to which ever adults you wish. You may NOT alter the Sims personality points at all! Whatever you get has to stay, you can only choose the turn on/off, aspirations and looks!

You can either move them into a blank lot or a pre-made house, you are allowed to use any money cheats you wish. You can make the house as elaborate or dumpy as you want.

Then all you do is just sit back and watch! Might sound lame and boring but believe me it can be very funny and entertaining. There will be times where you feel like screaming! LOL

So NO controlling your Sims at all EXCEPT when you need a Sim to pay the bills (unless you have a cheat or hack that automatically pays the bills). That means no canceling actions either! Basically just dont touch the mouse!!! You can also fix any glitches that may arise by any means needed (i.e a Sim gets stuck and you need to move them).

You must use boolProp to get your adult Sims a job (or use any other hack.cheats you have). Each adult Sim MUST choose a job except one of them. If you really dont want to use boolProp or hacks/cheats then it is ALLOWED to make your sims get jobs normally but each one must take the first job offered. There must always be one adult Sim at home (to make sure there is always someone to look after the toddler). As soon as the toddler ages you can get that Sim a job.

You cannot hire a Nanny, Butler, Repairman or delivery. If something breaks just replace it, if you run out of food just replace the fridge. Make sure you add a fire alarm/sprinkler and security alarm to the home as you wont be able to call any emergency services.

You are allowed to use a cheat to max any or all or your Sims skills as you wont be able to direct them to learn. You can also cheat to give all Sims permanent Platinum Aspiration as you wont be able to fulfill any of their wants.

You may NEVER use maxmotives or ANY motives cheats at any time!

All kids and teens MUST attend school so NO cheats/hacks to get them out of it! Believe it or not its actually a great advantage having your Sims attend school and work because it guarantees your Sims to a meal (they always eat at work and school). All homework must be deleted as you cant direct your Sims to complete it and the social worker will show up if you let it pile up!

Many times your Sims will bring a friend home from work or school and this is great as they can build a friendship with your family (without any help from you of course). Often those Sims will call you up later on for a chat so ensure that you have a phone on your lot. You may NOT accept any invitations to a downtown lot if one is offered.

Its up to you whether you play chance cards or not.

Each time a Sim dies you MUST replace them with a Sim of the same age as they were when they entered the house. SO for example, Sam dies as a teenager but he entered the house as a toddler therefore you must replace him with a toddler....do this by using boolProp to spawn the Tombstone of L&D and create another Sim . If any Sims are taken away by the social worker they must also be replaced.

SCORING:
+10 every time a Sim serves a group meal (believe me it wont happen as often as you would like!)
+ 50 each time a Sim in your home makes a friend
+ 30 each time a Sim gets a promotion
+ 100 each time a Sim has a birthday (it means they survived till the next life stage!!)
+ 200 for each Sim that becomes an Elder
- 5 Each time a Sim burns a meal
- 10 Each time there is a fire (not including fires from lightening)
- 50 for each Sim that starves to death
- 20 for each Sim that passes out
-15 each time a Sim has bladder failure
- 100 each time the Social Worker shows up

Tips:

Add a kids stove to the home so that your child Sims can prepare a muffin if they wish. Sometimes they may starve otherwise. If you have the Pets EP then you can add a pet bed so that a toddler can put themselves to bed in it when they are tired. This also prevents toddlers from being left in cribs for hours on end. You are allowed to use any cheats/hacks to get your toddler potty trained and able to walk and talk.

Don’t add things in the home that your Sims will posses over such as exercise bikes, pianos , guitars etc. otherwise you may find that your Sims spend HOURS using these items and it will severely affect their motives (unless you want that to happen!)
If a Sim dies then its up to you whether the grave is kept on the lot or deleted.

The challenge ends whenever 3 different Sims have reached old age or you get sick of it!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th May 2010 at 4:43 PM
haha, this could be interesting!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2010 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 12353herbs
haha, this could be interesting!

Believe me it is!!!! It drives u mad but so many funny things happen too...it takes a LOT of self control NOT to intervene!!!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th May 2010 at 5:59 AM Last edited by christmas fear : 12th May 2010 at 8:11 AM.
i REALLY want to do this challenge. i want to see if i can do it. it'll be really hard for me not to step in to their lives.

i think with where my game is at, they take care of themselves enough that they don't die in my game. i'm sure they'll manage- though i'm a bit worried for the toddler.

haha, for this challenge i'd like to suggest the automatic bill payer from simwardrobe.com and monique's auto do homework mod (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=105857) to make life a bit easier for the challenge.

i would also recommend the insiminator for additional cheats that need to be used.

edit-

here's the family i'm starting with. this is before i build their house.

i can tell it's going to be chaotic already. i've never built a house for 8 sims before.

i also have casual romance and acr installed. there should be some interesting romance pursuing.. i can't wait to see who hooks up with who. :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th May 2010 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear

for this challenge i'd like to suggest the automatic bill payer from simwardrobe.com and monique's auto do homework mod (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=105857) to make life a bit easier for the challenge.

i would also recommend the insiminator for additional cheats that need to be used.
:D

thanks very much for those tips...the insimenator does the auto bill paying too! Ur family look great! Let us know how they go! Once i had THREE sims die in the one day! lol
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th May 2010 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aishah2195
thanks very much for those tips...the insimenator does the auto bill paying too! Ur family look great! Let us know how they go! Once i had THREE sims die in the one day! lol

]

haha, oh wow. did you leave all of the gravestones in the house? i love having haunted houses.

so far, not much has happened but something i thought was interesting:

they both decided to go relax on the bed together (at the same time) and i thought they were going to do the autonomous woohoo, but they ended up just relaxing and talking about woohoo.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th May 2010 at 4:27 PM
I've sometimes used a version of this when I create 8 elders to test a house layout. I just create random elders and let them go until they die off (pay bills for them and occasionally alter house layout to fix poor traffic patterns). This also gets me a group of ghosts for the hood. I seldem have had any die early (I have burglar and fire alarms) and occasionally have one die in platinum (typically a very neat sim who cleans there way into heaven....and sometimes the ghost comes back to clean the toilet at night!).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th May 2010 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deann000
....and sometimes the ghost comes back to clean the toilet at night!).

I never knew ghosts could clean!! lol
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th May 2010 at 1:33 AM
A few hours ago, I decided to try out your challenge; I usually play with free will on, so this would be fun and relatively easy, and even removed all behaviour tweaks just for the lulz.

Fun and easy, my butt. Now I feel like slapping every moronic little pixel person from here to next friday.

-You have designated bed rooms. How about sleeping in your bed instead of napping in the living room where people come to watch tv, waking you up, destroying what little sense of circadian rhythm you might have?
-All facilities have been provided, how about you go take a bath instead of yelling to no one in particular about how you need a bath?
-If about to starve to death and/or pee yourself, the logical thing to do is of course to go cuddle under the stars with your significant other instead. (No.)
-The toddler is sleepy. Let her sleep. She does not need a fifth bath before bedtime 'just to be sure'.
Just to mention a few of my favorite moments from these last few hours.

Thank you for an interesting challenge, eventually reminding me of why I installed those mods to begin with .

Well I can't look under the hood but nothing will erase the joy of gunning townies down in front of City Hall - suzetter
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th May 2010 at 1:35 PM
lol...
I did this once, except with a husband and wife. I got the wife pregnant beforehand and set up a nursery for them. I had no mods at this time. Let me tell you, IT WAS FREAKING TORTURE to watch my sims.
(in my sims minds)
-look, a swing! I will swing hours on end while my partner complains for me to get off so they can swing!-
-I am going to sit on the excercise bike and workout till I pass out!-
-I am going to make a toaster pastry, put it in the oven, and walk away to write in my diary!-
-I am going to stand by the fire and scream my head off and block the way of the fireman!-
-I am going to calmly walk a few feet away from the fire, then start screaming my head off again-
-I am going to have my baby, then set her on the floor, then watch some tv-
-I am going to feed my baby, set the bottle on the floor, then get another bottle out-
-I am going to look at the hail outside the window while my baby needs a diaper change-
-I am going to sit and watch tv while my baby needs to become a toddler-
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th May 2010 at 4:19 PM
This sounds fun! But... I don't think my computer can handle any more downloading so the pay-bills-thing and the do-your-homework-thing is out of my reach. I'm gonna try it anyway. And I will sell the homeworks and once every 3th day I will control a sim to pay the bills. That way, I hope that I can get going with this challange. And, I will keep the family going. That means when the toddler is adult, I will make her have a child. No matter what. (I hate when a family ends, I always got to have at least one more generation... Or maybe two.=D)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th May 2010 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by junglewildchild
lol...
I did this once, except with a husband and wife. I got the wife pregnant beforehand and set up a nursery for them. I had no mods at this time. Let me tell you, IT WAS FREAKING TORTURE to watch my sims.

Haha, me too.

-I will have my baby, put the baby in front of the fridge, complain that the baby is in the way of the fridge, pick the baby up, then set her down, then watch some TV.-

Call me Isobel

*hates recorders, no-touch-the-baby mommies, and lost dice"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th May 2010 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SchiZohybrid
A few hours ago, I decided to try out your challenge; I usually play with free will on, so this would be fun and relatively easy, and even removed all behaviour tweaks just for the lulz.

omg ur post made me laugh so much! arent sims so annoying! lol
Instructor
#14 Old 28th May 2010 at 11:02 PM
this is deffnitly something I gotta try
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 6:04 PM Last edited by whiterider : 21st Oct 2010 at 1:00 AM. Reason: Removed email to save poster from spamspiders
Greetings! I in English almost do not understand, but I very much ask you who Russian knows though немног write on
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 4:20 AM
This looks like fun. I have the Free Time ESP can we use the Secondary Life Points or no? Im gonna use the house I created for a dorm nice and big.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 4:42 AM
I couldn't do that. I'd be jumping up and down in front of my computer, and my husband would think I totally lost it....
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 10:49 AM
I'm gonna try this, seems really interesting. (:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zelenkia
This looks like fun. I have the Free Time ESP can we use the Secondary Life Points or no? Im gonna use the house I created for a dorm nice and big.

Yes you can use them!!
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 9:09 PM
This challenge was brilliant! My kids got taken away three times, and in the end everyone died - there were only five of my original simmies remaining! My teens grew up pretty ok, but the kids kept getting taken away just before they transitioned It was a lot harder than I thought to just sit back and let my little pixel people suffer I need to try this again - and see if I can get my original kids to grow up!

~ I'm the sanest person I know ~

My YouTube Channel
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaynne
This challenge was brilliant!

:lovestruc Im so glad u enjoyed it! i had the social worker show up a couple of times too but at that point i only had a toddler so it wasnt so bad...i never got any of my Sims to be elders though....but im determined too!!!!
Scholar
#22 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 8:33 PM
Wow. I just started this and it is really funny so far. I haven't been scoring- too hard to keep track- but some crazy stuff has happened, especially since I installed ACR a few days ago.
I have two families: the Crazy family and the Cuckoo family They live in kind of two houses, connected by a porch:

Somehow, the social worker never came, but I got the child stove, there were still some close calls though.
Well, nobody EVER sleeps in the right bed, so one of my adult sims from the Crazy family decided to sleep with a child from the Cuckoo family. Didn't turn out so well - she had a memory for "Had An Affair With (Childname)" ... Ummmm...
Then once the toddler grew up (I had to use a cake):

One adult from each family (Antonio Crazy and Madasha Cuckoo) were both home. (Antonio had a day off and Madasha stayed at home.)
You can pretty much guess what happened next. It certainly made the game more dramatic...
And finally, the dreaded Bathroom Gathering with the Newsons:

After that, one of the moms came in and tried to talk with her daughter.
Oh, and the other mom kept on trying to tickle the other family's daughter. Right now their score is in the negatives. When will they learn? Obviously never.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 10:03 PM
thanks for the pics! its always great to see what people get up to~!! I just started this challenge AGAIN coz i never finished it yet...they always die....so far i have been playing for about 2 sim weeks and only 1 adult died! woo! it looks like i might actually be able to finish this time!
Banned
#24 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 11:14 PM Last edited by perihelion : 15th Jun 2010 at 3:04 AM.
I should do this challenge, because I micromanage my Sims ALL THE FREAKING TIME. I can't help it, it's my style. This would definitely be a challenge for me in every sense of the word.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 9:12 AM
I think I'll join the club I already have had fun moments with Asylums, when I can't control those 7 sims, so let's see how this is going to turn out. B) I'll post pics too.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Page 1 of 7