Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Curiouser and Curiouser: Odd Socks for Odd Sims (Defaults) (Updated - Non-Default/No Random versions + Long socks for men)

by Nysha Posted 23rd May 2010 at 3:39 AM - Updated 11th Jun 2010 at 2:56 PM by whiterider

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd May 2010 at 6:14 AM
Hehe these are pretty funny (in a very nice way) and add a lot of variety to the game ty a lot for to share ! Fun!
Wiki Wizard
#3 Old 23rd May 2010 at 9:03 AM
aha i love these! I can never find two of the same socks!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd May 2010 at 10:54 AM
These will be fantastic for my Inappropriate geek sims, of whom I have many, thanks!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd May 2010 at 11:16 AM
This is a great idea! Thank you for this fun and useable mod :D

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd May 2010 at 3:04 PM
These are brilliant! But is there any chance we could see them in non-default replacements? I would only want these for my most fun sims...
Forum Resident
#7 Old 23rd May 2010 at 3:43 PM
Thanks. I had non-default odd socks before, and their were way too many socks in CAS. X:

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd May 2010 at 3:44 PM
lowprofile - You can always just use the same patterns on both socks. Just drag the swatch from one to the other.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd May 2010 at 4:20 PM
perfect for ferret owners!!

now all we need is this, for all the shoes and boots categories
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd May 2010 at 4:22 PM
so amazing, thank you !

Blame yourself.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd May 2010 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
lowprofile - You can always just use the same patterns on both socks. Just drag the swatch from one to the other.

That won't help the townies this mod affects. Interesting idea, but I think I'll skip this one.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd May 2010 at 7:53 PM
Well, the townies would be affected whether these were default replacements or not. If you don't want any odd-socked townies, I could upload versions without the extra designs - townies only wear preset designs, so if all the preset designs matched then you'd only get odd socks by CASting them.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
#13 Old 23rd May 2010 at 7:54 PM
These are adorable, Whitey

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Scholar
#14 Old 23rd May 2010 at 10:17 PM
Nice to have different socks,.. have some nice ideas for my sims :D
Thanks!
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th May 2010 at 2:02 AM
I LOVE YOU!!!

my sims always wear socks, now I can create emo/punk rock/gothic outfits with different socks/stockings match-ups, thanks a ton!.

Also, is there a chance for you to make mods that allow males to have longer socks? the ankle socks is getting boring for the men.
Eminence Grise
#16 Old 24th May 2010 at 2:19 AM
Hah! This is perfect -- and just in time for laundry, too Since we all know the major cause of mismatched socks is dryers.
Not actually evil.
#17 Old 24th May 2010 at 5:25 AM
What fun! Could one do transparent patterns and get sims only wearing one sock? Those odd sock sims are way too put together and organized! Truly wacked sims only manage to put on one sock, if they can find it!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th May 2010 at 10:35 PM
I love this but i don't like it to be a default replacement. Could you by any chance make it non-default so we can choose if we want everyone to have odd socks or not? Honestly i would love some of my sims to wear odd socks, but not my entire neighbourhoods :/

Thanks anyway.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 24th May 2010 at 11:33 PM
just a thought, any plans for doing this for gloves too?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th May 2010 at 2:41 AM
Dark Magician, aikea guinea has male long socks at Club Crymsin, though I dunno if they're odd (except to the extent that most Club Crymsin stuff is odd). If there's enough demand I might do male versions of the odd socks.

Sri - not actually two different socks, just what *used* to be a matching pair?

Cat, theoretically yes... but first, someone'll have to mod a transparent pattern. Hop to it :p

Again - only a tiny number of townies will get odd socks. Most will still get matching socks (or no socks at all). A version with no extra designs is in the works, I just have to get my computer below human body temperature before I can do 'em...
I could do this for gloves, sure. I'll add it to my list.

Test Subject
#21 Old 25th May 2010 at 2:53 AM
AHHHH! I'm so excited! Now I can create an accurate version of Matthew Gray Gubler! Thank you so much!
Forum Resident
#22 Old 25th May 2010 at 10:10 PM
I love these and as I have 7 kids I am very familiar with odd socks---and smelly socks----
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th May 2010 at 1:08 AM
Cool, thanks. Everyone knows that mismatched socks often make a girl even hotter. :P
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th May 2010 at 1:57 PM
Ok, non-default, no-random versions are up. Male versions of the long socks are coming soon(tm). You can use both the default and non-default versions if you like, though I've no idea why you'd want to.

Field Researcher
#25 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 11:31 PM
I only have one pair of socks - actually, I have about 8 sets of one pair of rainbow socks - but ALL of my close friends routinely wear mismatched socks. And shoes, also, actually (same type of shoes, just different colors. Someone needs to make those for TS3.). So these are appreciated.
Page 1 of 2