Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gwrych Medieval Jousting Field

by StephSim Posted 1st Jun 2010 at 7:12 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2010 at 2:19 AM by StephSim

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:34 PM
Been wanting something like this since I first started playing! This is just incredible! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creations with us!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:55 PM
Thanks Malakaaz! Every time I watched The Tudors, I thought it would be neat to have a Jousting Field in the Sims. Too bad there are no rideable horses that charge forward in a straight line!

Enjoy the lot!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:15 AM
Drool worthy! Holy cow! I thought the last set was amazing, but you keep making me want more! Awesomeness!!
Banned
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 3:32 AM
There is a rideable pony Here only children can ride it, but it has some interactions for adults. You might have to register in order to download.

Oh and great job on this lot! I think it looks really stunning, you obviously put a lot of time and care into your creations. I don't usually play themed things, but for those who like that I'm sure it's right up their alley.
Alchemist
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 6:49 AM
Oh I love the tudors and I love this lot! fab job!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Wiki Wizard
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 10:25 AM
How are you so talented at building Steph?! This is again incredible, and the pictures you take are amazing! :lovestruc

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 11:52 AM
Oh, you've got a fantabulous medieval faire going on complete with funky hats! I love it. This is pure win for me and I know I'll have some fun with this lot. The use of content is terrific and its everything that a person with a medieval hood would already have or would love to have in their game. Once again you've thought of everything!

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Scholar
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:09 PM
this is breathtaking! your medieval lots are amazing, so much details you have added in each creation! thank you

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 9:50 PM Last edited by StephSim : 3rd Jun 2010 at 5:34 AM.
Thanks everyone!

joninmobile Thanks for sharing this as it reminds me to mention a caution in my post. Beck's rideable horse is great! I downloaded Becks horse 5 days ago here at MTS and added it to the lot to play test what it does. While it is great for an opened farm lot, it doesn't work for this lot for 2 reasons....1st - It conflicts with the horse saddles, reins and blankets created by Andrea of Feenwald Sims 2. The use of both rebecah's horse and Andrea's horse paraphenalia causes the game to crash and 2nd - the horses move about in a random pattern all over the lot. Not so much fun when jousting! However, I need to download it from the site you linked to to see if Rebecah has updated the horses animations since she is no longer updating the files here at MTS. Oh...that is the children's only version and quite different. I will register, log in and download all the horses Rebecah has there. Thanks again for the link.

Thanks again everyone...I just finished updating the Main Gwrych Thread so those who want all 45 of the lots in the original post and the 5 sets of neighborhood maps can simply download the 13 zips in the first post.

I shall take a bit of a Sim break this afternoon and work on a bit of poetry once I update the horse info in this thread! Tomorrow...back to completing the smaller Gwrych additional sets. I've outlined what I'm up to with Gwrych in my Journal.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 11:12 PM
Your lots all look beautiful- and this looks like it will be my favorite. I had just made a Ren Faire for my sims yesterday, but... I think I'm going to use this instead, with a few modifications. And it will probably make it into my Medieval 'hood as well. I had made a solemn promise to myself not to download anything else until I had done a major cleanup of my game, but you have successfully made me break that promise. :-)

Also, I think you deserve credit for the detail you put into the descriptions of your lots and the way you present them. Enough pictures to show us exactly what's going on but without being pic spam, and a very clear description of what you need to download and what you don't. It's easy to tell that you put a ton of effort into every detail. Thank you!

Oh, and thanks for all the suggestions- I didn't know some of that stuff was out there!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 4:27 PM
O M G!!!! Simply Awesome! I'm playing a medieval neighbourhood... This is like a dream come true, hahaha! Thank you very much, I always loved your work.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 8:04 PM
Laerasyn,
Thank you for your comments...

Yes. The idea of a Renaissance Fair is always seen as a pleasurable time (especially as the drudgery of everyday medieval tasks were draining). Fairs were a time for all to play! If you like this lot, I think you will also like this one:

It's a community lot only in Post 5 of the Shadows of Gwrych downloads called Henafol Township Part 2, but it has that "Fair" feel as well.

Drowelvenmaiden,
Enjoy the lot! If you didn't check out the other post, do so...there are 45 other medieval lots to play in. I feel like my own promoter. I really just want those who can to enjoy these creations as much as I do. They say the best things in life are free!

Back to real life...Got a function today and must do the "dolled up" thing.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 1:02 AM
This is the most unique set I've seen, EVER ! I have never left a comment before and I have been here since sims the original :>)
I play medieval Sims so much that I have a downloads folder just for medieval and one for everything else. (it was too large with both. would NOT load at all.) Thank you very much. old grama.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 1:24 AM Last edited by StephSim : 15th Jun 2010 at 3:18 AM.
You are most welcomed and I hope you enjoy the collection. I did find it difficult to try to play medieval in the same game as everything else. I created a separate Windows account (I have Vista) which allowed me to create a totally medieval Sims 2 Game without having to reload the games or overloading my Sims 2 folder. My user accounts names are Medieval, Simtopia (for my all EP and Stuff Pack nonmedieval hood with minimal custom content) and Any Game Builder (to build my version of Eden with few EPs and no custom content hood). It's funny when I think about it because Simming rules my computer (with writing being a close second). Eventually, I will create a Victorian user account, a Fairy Tale user account, a Harry Potter user account and also a Sci-Fi user Account to build hoods with those themes only. I finally have a bit of time to do this because I want whole neighborhoods to play in without having to piece them together. Then, I shall retire from building Sim 2 lots for a while and really delve into playing...but that is far off as I get these neighborhoods set up. I do digress

Thanks again for the compliment!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 12:37 PM
WOW, you really did an excellent job on this (Jousting Tournament) lot and made many, many improvements to my original concept. I am so glad I was part of your inspiration. My revised (you inspired ME to do better) Jousting Tournament can be found at The Isle Of Catarina Sims.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 8:29 PM
Thanks LabCat! I cannot wait to see the revised version (pending registration approval). Of course, with so much wonderful Sims 2 medieval content out there, I have an insatiable need to "revise" all of my previous lots!

~*~Stephanie~*~
THANKS POST
#18 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 2:40 AM
Thank you for your hard work and thank you for the links to the work of others - I've not downloaded anything medieval before so I found your links very useful.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 1:39 AM
You're welcomed and do enjoy the lots! Happy Medieval Simming.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 11:24 PM
Epic!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 10:32 PM

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 2:33 PM
thank you fam, you're doing great.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 6:49 PM
Enjoy Tadala!

~*~Stephanie~*~