Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omegadivine
I have ambitions installed and used granthes Resources.cfg file and after removing any mods the game complained about on start up it started working fine, I don't get any messages when I start my game and jonha sliders are working perfectly. I noticed with the mods the game didn't like my game was loading and started up perfectly but would not load the city when I clicked new game. Everything seems good now tho.

I started a new game and everything works just fine, its just that my old savegames will not load. Game just says "critical error when loading riverview" and goes back to the main menu. If I start a completely new game, everything works just fine.

I don't wanna start a new game.

Quote: Originally posted by ~Dee~
Thanks.
So the patch is included on the Ambitions disk?

It has to. Otherwise the package would say: Internet connection required. But you bought an offline Game.
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 2:27 AM
nicky, thanks...just making sure.

You can find more of my stuff here: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by granthes
Excellent news about using the Ambitions folder.

People have been wondering if that capability had been taken out of the game.

For the My Documents version of the mods folder, the dll isn't needed (we think!), the resource.cfg file is placed inside the mods folder, and needs to be edited.

Each line like this:
Code:
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package

Would change like this:
Code:
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package

Hope this helps.

That may be my problem. I will try it. Glad I could let others know that you can use the Ambitions folder.
Test Subject
#54 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 3:07 AM
Thanks for the info!
Test Subject
#55 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nicky_Q
I started a new game and everything works just fine, its just that my old savegames will not load. Game just says "critical error when loading riverview" and goes back to the main menu. If I start a completely new game, everything works just fine.

I don't wanna start a new game.

ok that clears somethings up, heh I saw a lot of people say that sliders dont work yet but havent tried to load any of my old saves.
Scholar
#56 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 3:28 AM
@~Dee~
yes the patch is on the disk.

The internet connection is only needed, if you want to register your game to get the bonus objects for registering. See http://store.thesims3.com/setsProdu...=OFB-SIM3:21267
Test Subject
#57 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 4:40 AM
I cannot edit the resource.cfg file. I have a new folder named packages in my C:\Documents and Settings\name\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods. I have the resource.cfg in mods and all my cc with little helper monkey faces inside the packages folder. I do not have all my cc in the game. I am missing cc all over the place including in CAS. Can anyone tell me what I need to do?
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by abbygene
I cannot edit the resource.cfg file. I have a new folder named packages in my C:\Documents and Settings\name\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods. I have the resource.cfg in mods and all my cc with little helper monkey faces inside the packages folder. I do not have all my cc in the game. I am missing cc all over the place including in CAS. Can anyone tell me what I need to do?

to edit the resource.cfg, simply open it in Notepad++ if you have it, or just change the extension (.cfg) to (.txt) and then it should open in notepad, wordpad, word, or any other text editor. Once you make the necessary changes, save, then change the extension back.
Test Subject
#59 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 5:34 AM Last edited by RockerKitten : 2nd Jun 2010 at 6:03 AM.
Just thought i would let people know, I FINALLY got my mods to show up, however I'm not getting any notice that they're there (at least not that I've seen) but I'm using the new mods folder, with the packages and edited .cfg inside, and the mods in the package folder. Delphy's Brest sliders are working, as are Jonha's but/hip/waist sliders. and this is with update 4.0

EDIT: just loaded again after deleting the mods in the old folders, and loaded an old game and many of my mods disapeared.

SECOND EDIT: figured out which objects wernt' showing up, it was all of the items from my DCCache in my my doccuments folder, so placed them in the new DCCache folder in the mods file and they all showed back up.
Test Subject
#60 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 5:37 AM
I need help. I moved the stuff from the program files into my document, but none pf the packages are there :S i dont know what to do with the resource thingy..does jonha sliders work? Can someone guide me please..Im not too good with "machine talk"
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 6:26 AM

For the My Documents version of the mods folder, the dll isn't needed (we think!), the resource.cfg file is placed inside the mods folder, and needs to be edited.

Each line like this:
Code:

Would change like this:
Code:

Hope this helps.

THANK YOU !!!! It worked and I was even able to help my roomate thank you sooo much :lovestruc
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#62 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 6:29 AM
If you're having trouble/need help with the patch

Please make a new thread of your own in the Help section. We can better help you there and sort out what are actual issues with the patch vs. what are issues due to outdated custom content/other problems with user files. This assists in bug tracking.

General discussion of the patch ("Yay I'm so glad about all these new features" or "Bah these new features suck") is fine here but if you have technical questions, issues, problems, or bugs, please post in Help.

Thanks!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#63 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 7:14 AM
Somehow, mine doesn't work. I've done the steps but it doesn't shows any notification. Please help, granthes
Test Subject
#64 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 7:58 AM
hi sorry i am new to all this and installing mods.
i moved all my mods ect to the new location but i cannot use monkey bars to install framework to add anymore content as wont change file location to new location.

do i just keep moving the files after instalation to new location for now?
Test Subject
#65 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 9:33 AM
I want to update and get the expansion yet I don't feel like re downloading certain mods D:
Test Subject
#66 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 9:39 AM Last edited by deniecesun : 2nd Jun 2010 at 9:44 AM. Reason: I'm going to add something.
Where can I find a resource.cfg? I'm confused. Sorry.

*Edit: PLUS, when I already have the Mods folder in Documents, can I already remove the Framework or something?
Alchemist
#67 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 9:50 AM Last edited by VoiceIHear : 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:38 PM.
ugh, I get the 'your sims 3 base game is incompatible with your current sims 3 expansion pack. Please update your game via the game launcher.' error. Of course, I can't update through the game launcher, so I don't know. I think I'll just wait until tomorrow when the game is released here and see if installing Ambitions fixes the problem. gahhh.

EDIT: So I just decided to uninstall and reinstall world adventures and redownload the patch. All appears to be going well. I think, that either it was because I left the CC in the folder, or that I prematurely started the game before the patching had properly finished.

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Test Subject
#68 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 10:11 AM
you have to alter the resource.cfg file like granthes said to get all the mods to work..i works perfect,well not the core mods tho
Test Subject
#69 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 10:11 AM
You can find the proper Resource.cfg file here,
http://simpedia.sims2cri.com/index....esource.cfg_eng
Test Subject
#70 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 10:56 AM
The update today installed new files with a different format for some mods

If you have just plain Custom Content, like clothing, etc. It should work just fine.

Core Mods and script mods won't work until their authors update them.

I suspect that with this update you Must use the new Mods folder as described a few posts back. I haven't tested that yet, but it would be likely.

If you still have problems, download the launcher from the link in post #8 of this thread and run it. (Only works for Windows) It should help you get the mod framework correct.

I left out all serious mods I only have clothes, hair and furniture. When I tried to install your launcher it said I need to install .NET version 4.0.30319.

I have the changed rescourse.cfg in my new Mods folder,which is in My documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3. I created the two folders Packages and DCCache. I get no message of having any conflicting cutom content (which makes sense because the game obviously isn't reading any of my mods).

Any further help ideas? Thanks
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#71 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 11:20 AM
marvel20: Has anybody tested with more than 4 subfolders? Becuase, as I recall the game only used to support 4 levels down.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#72 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 11:33 AM

Each line like this:
Code:

Would change like this:
Code:

Hope this helps.

i don't understand...
Test Subject
#73 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katierose33
THANK YOU !!!! It worked and I was even able to help my roomate thank you sooo much :lovestruc

pls tell me how 2 change...
Test Subject
#74 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 11:46 AM
Delphy (big fan by the way) I have 16 sub-folders in my new packages file, and it all seems to be working but I haven't properly checked it out, because I'm still reinstalling my sims3pack stuff.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#75 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:05 PM
Marvel: I mean 16 folders deep, as in Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\Stuff\

Honestly though, anything more than 6 is a bit overkill

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Locked thread
Page 3 of 4