Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 9:51 AM
Requests
The group guidelines don't say anything about thisss soooo...

anyone have any fashion-related requests for their sims?
i've been bored lately and wanted to get back in the swing of things :}

~Hi, I don't do Sims much anymore, sorry! I will respond to messages when able :)~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 12:39 PM
Well, i have so many ideas for u! Have you seen the heels Lady-gaga is wearing in her videoclip BadRomance?
You surely have!Make them.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 3:25 PM
Haha, im not a gaga fan, so nope never seen thems.

Also, I don't know how to mesh.

~Hi, I don't do Sims much anymore, sorry! I will respond to messages when able :)~
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 7:07 PM
Ah, very well, so i'm not the only...
few are the things you can do without meshing..
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 8:34 PM
Actually there are a lot of things you can do without meshing: eyes, makeup, clothing recolors and retextures, houses, sims, hair recolors and retextures.. And recolors and retextures can make something look completely different from the original one ^^

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 2:58 PM
Hmm, I would really like some cute lolita outfits for my children :]
In pink and white :D

Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 3:50 PM
I dont think so...Meshing is a way to make unique shapes!Ok, eyes, lipsticks, eyeshadows are something different but i think that meshing is required for creators that aim to the top..
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#8 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 5:22 PM
Well, there are great builders like QBuilderz, Flabaliki, DaveyDaVinci, Deluxe Designs or Plasticbox, makeup creators like bruno or ZombieJill, sims creators like HystericalParoxysm, mistyblue4 or Stefan, eyes creators like Shady, Anva or dragonmandy, clothes retexturers like star_gusser, steamed-pepsi or Kiara24, hair retexturers like Nymphy or SaydeSim, modders like Delphy or treeag, skintone creators like Teru_K and again HP... but those are just examples of people that are great in something that doesn't need of meshing and are in the top of creating for me =) Just my opinion

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
#9 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 10:41 PM
But for me does...meshing brings unique..everyone can be a creator but do you ask what will sim players would like to download in their 5minutes free time?Something new, a new shape of hair or dress, a new table that can be found in our real world too, such things.Ok, i admit it, surely make up, eyes and all others are important too, but i always have this feeling that if you know meshing, you have made a big step on improving your creative skills and everything other can be just a game for u.Just my feeling
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 2:27 AM
Can anyone make some Cute Loli outfits?Also,Kesha inspired
clothes?

Click here to get the best free,cute,gothic,alternative stuff for your sims!Even full sims!
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#11 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 12:06 PM
I agree with you in the fact that meshing is really important for creating, but I just want you to see that you can be a great creator without meshing

Now, back on-topic, I tend to derail a lot xDD

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
#12 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 1:58 PM
Do u really believe this???I used to, but now i can hear that if you want to upload a simple sim you have to include content made by you!So, you may have right but practically, to become a creator here, is a demanding progress....
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 2:16 PM
I totally agree with Nina.

I'm uploading a Sim soon, and I have simply made a dress (using a mesh from Liana), recolored some earrings and bangles, that's it. You don't have to create tons of CC. Just a small amount to make your Sim even more unique.

It's not that demanding, there are the CF (Creator Feedback) threads so you can get help and advice with your creations. There are so many friendly and wonderful people that help on those threads, who help everyone who needs some advice. Letting everyone have a shot at creating.

There are so many talented creators out there, that don't mesh. You can't say that all good creators mesh, because that really isn't true.

My last thing to say is this. Unlike what you said earlier, I actually don't prefer downloading meshes. I quite like downloading recolours xD

Instructor
#14 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 2:22 PM
Hi I'm new to this group, and here's a request...
I understand if it's too hard, but could you make Juka's outfit?
(he was singer in Hizaki Grace project and Moi Dix Mois)
I read somewhere that you like visual kei, so...
here's a pic

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#15 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fthomas
I totally agree with Nina.

I'm uploading a Sim soon, and I have simply made a dress (using a mesh from Liana), recolored some earrings and bangles, that's it. You don't have to create tons of CC. Just a small amount to make your Sim even more unique.

It's not that demanding, there are the CF (Creator Feedback) threads so you can get help and advice with your creations. There are so many friendly and wonderful people that help on those threads, who help everyone who needs some advice. Letting everyone have a shot at creating.

There are so many talented creators out there, that don't mesh. You can't say that all good creators mesh, because that really isn't true.

My last thing to say is this. Unlike what you said earlier, I actually don't prefer downloading meshes. I quite like downloading recolours xD

That's your own opinion.Not only you, everyone would love to download and recolors.But the mesh is basic, if you want the recolors you need the mesh, unless it is a maxis recolor and it does not require it.There are many singers, dancers, teachers or creators in this life.For me, those who differ and are better from the others are all those who have to show something different, a new idea.Of course, meshing is not the only one that will help them for the idea.There are many things to do to become a great creator.This is my way of seeing things,if you disagree forgive me.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#16 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnitaSims
Do u really believe this???I used to, but now i can hear that if you want to upload a simple sim you have to include content made by you!So, you may have right but practically, to become a creator here, is a demanding progress....

Yes, I do, I wouldn't be saying it if I didn't
As Ffion said, you don't need to make tons of CC to make a sim, and of course you don't need to know of meshing, or there weren't sims in here In the only sim I uploaded here I just made the eyes, makeup and clothing =)

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 5:54 PM
^ I love your Sim Nina, your version of L is so much like the real thing :]
Annita, I think you will just have to agree to disagree with me and Nina (: But, I do understand your point of view, and yes, meshing is important - but creators do not have to be able to mesh to be good at creating.

Kitty, do you think you may try out any of the requests on this thread?

Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 8:28 PM
lmao, pinkykitty was the only one who answered bahahaha!
pinky, if i find a mesh, ill definitely try that!

I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#19 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 8:42 PM
Sorry for making your thread go so off-topic xDD

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 12:00 AM
bahaha i dont mind! as long as you're having fun!

I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#21 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:15 AM
Haha I am xD

-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 3:38 PM Last edited by fthomas : 8th Jun 2010 at 7:13 PM.
Yeah, I'm sorry that I added to this little 'argument' type thingy too xD
Its just too funnnn

Anyway. Me have request. I don't know whether its meshing. I think it is. Idk..
I will post it anyway.

I would love a selection of clothes for this 'Waif' body mesh. Scene, Emo, Casual, anything. I just need more clothes for it.
Here is the link: http://forums.modthesims.info/download.php?t=46287&c=1

Field Researcher
#23 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:26 PM
I've seen this recently.Though i'm not sure if i would wear it, my sims would!I know it may be difficult i'm afraid it needs meshing..

Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 9:07 PM Last edited by steamed-pepsi : 11th Jun 2010 at 6:41 AM.
@annita, ill try doing that. I know a little bit of meshing, enough to make a "nude" mesh have that bow and shirt flare. POSSIBLY the scarf, if not there are plenty of scarf accessories!

@fthomas, that page won't load for me, do you know if the creator allows file-sharing so you can share the mesh?

Edit:

*ahem* that should say "Ediot", because I'm being an idiot lol
I fail at making meshes, but I'll keep trying lol
I made 3 new outfits today in prep for my uploading them on a (finally!) permanent server lullzzz

sorrryy for inconvenience!

Field Researcher
#25 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 10:20 AM
How are u doing?If you manage to make this dress pliz let me know, and thanks!

Page 1 of 2