Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

MGTV Presents - "Viper Canyon Dream House Collection" (Base Game-NO CC)

by StephSim Posted 21st Jun 2010 at 1:42 AM - Updated 23rd Aug 2017 at 5:18 AM by StephSim : Updating Images and Animated Images

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 1:56 AM
That's a really neat idea; I love the way you expanded the houses.

The Sims 2 - live the lives of others while neglecting your own.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 3:00 AM
Thank you! I also really enjoyed your presentation, including the scoop on Miss. B. N.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 3:21 AM
What a cool concept! I play strictly medieval now, but if I was still playing modern lots I would be all over this.

Brilliant idea and wonderful decorating, I especially like the faux-canopy bed.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 9:14 AM
Wow, great idea!! I love all the houses. The exclusive image rocks too :D
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 1:09 PM
Brilliant!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 1:42 PM
Awesome idea! :-) I only downloaded the starter home as I only like to play single storey houses, but the others look cool too! :-D
Alchemist
#8 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 2:11 PM
I had fun just reading your ad and looking at your brochure. Thank you for the perfect solution for a growing sim family!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 3:22 PM
Nifty idea, thanks!

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 3:26 PM
Thanks everyone!

sugarandcaffeine
Thanks. It was all in good fun and to do something a little different for a bit. Expanding the lots reminded me of doing a "beauty makeover". It was interesting because I had to literally think about how the needs of a family changed through time. Many things get better with age when you take care of them I guess.

Garambola
You're welcomed. The presentation was a bit fun! As I was testing the lots with Blossom Newsworthy, I giggled at the thought of a news icon rambling through dream houses when no one was looking! B.N. has the ultimate job! She is ALWAYS on vacation!

morgaine
Thanks. Yeah, my main neighborhood is medieval but I created a separate Windows user log-in just for building.

The faux canopy bed! That was a wonderful little addition. I had to rearrange my original room design to make it work properly. In the end, that room is one of my favorite of all the bedrooms in the collection. Blossom definitely agrees as you can see.

ChicaGuapa
Thanks Chica. I like something about each lot as well. In the Starter, I love that you can actually afford the house and move into it. I also like the idea that it is a blank canvas. In the Renovated House, I love the feeling of the small space and the simplicity of the decorations. In the Family House, I love the kitchen. There is just something about it that makes me want to live in it all the time! The Luxury house is like a vacation dream house to me. It has everything that adults without worries need. I hope they can afford it!

The exclusive is innocent fun!

SisoftheMoon
Thank you very much.

lauratje86
Yeah. I go through phases myself. For me, I found that it is not about whether it is 1 or 2 story, but more about size and functionality of layout for Simming. For me the Family and Luxury layout are as big as I like to go. By building on a 3 x 2 lot...it limits how far your Simmies have to travel to do things. But I know that even a 3 x 2 lot can be time consuming for some. On larger lots, I tend to make each floor functional for all needs (eat, sleep, activities). However, with the Viper Canyon set I made upstairs for sleeping and downstairs for activities!

BTW - You may want to grab the Renovated Lot as well. It is also single story...just an upgrade from the Starter.

triciamanly
You are welcome! Enjoy the downloads.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Wiki Wizard
#11 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 5:32 PM
Even without CC and with base game only you are still an incredible creator, i think you should do more no CC and EP lots, they're wonderful and they can be used by so many!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 4:44 AM
Just got them all. You're very creative! Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 5:53 AM Last edited by StephSim : 17th Sep 2011 at 4:38 AM.
DD - Thanks! More NO CC and EP lots? I will defintiely build more. For now they will be built between me finishing up the Gwrych Project.

The next set will be called "Vernonaville Dream House Collection". It will be built when the mood for "modern" pulls me away from Medieval.

We shall see how Veronaville will inspire me!

Staci - You are most welcomed! Have FUN with the lots!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 11:09 AM
This is brilliant! I might actually start a legacy, because I won't have to muddle through trying to build a house. Although the actual nightmare in my game is the expanding and trying to make the new parts fit with the old base. Not to mention the mess I make with the roof. ay yi yi.
I did look at the starter and the renovation in game and I hope to throw a Sim or two in there soon (they are still in college). It looks extremely playable and has everything a body needs.
Thank you! I look forward to more of these.

This space for rent.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 2:19 AM Last edited by StephSim : 17th Sep 2011 at 4:40 AM.
Thanks jylla.

Funny thing is that I don't always build in the same pattern. For this project, I actually started with the Family House and then upgraded it to Luxury and then stripped it down completely to get the Starter and upgraded that to the Renovated house. For the Veronaville Dream Houses, I shall build from smallest to largest to see how it goes.

~*~Happy Simming!~*~

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 4:08 PM
This is a great idea - I love it! Now my sim's house can grow with her family (and I don't have to worry about redecorating/adding new rooms!) I also like the fact that you didn't use any CC or SPs/EPs. I already have too much cc as it is, and I don't have all the EPs/SPs installed, so I'm always happy to find base-game only houses!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 12:44 AM
Glad it works for you Tatiana! Enjoy the downloads.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 8:58 PM
Thanks You!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 10:50 PM
You are welcomed. Enjoy!

~*~Stephanie~*~