Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Socialite Career

by heaven Posted 6th Jul 2010 at 2:34 AM - Updated 1st Feb 2012 at 5:43 PM by heaven

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 9:20 AM
Yay! Thanks. (:
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 10:08 AM
You say this in the thread:
The file includes the Teen career which is linked to the Adult career (which has been tested and works).
How exactly does that work? If the teen grows up, will she still have the same career? I don't understand it very well.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 2:52 PM
Hahaha, this sounds fantastic! Can't wait to try it out Thank you!
Instructor
#5 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 3:57 PM
Thank you again for taking the time to make a complete career (so many folks put up careers that are not) -- and most of all, for sharing it with us. This, like your Marine career, is both unique and fun. You're the best!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
How exactly does that work? If the teen grows up, will she still have the same career? I don't understand it very well.

It works just like the Maxis teen/adult linking. If a teen grows up and does not go to college, she will stay in the career, just will have transitioned to the adult version.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 6:13 PM
Nice. May I ask how you made that work?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 6:24 PM
I really like Evelyn's hair...where is it from?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 10:14 PM
Good job-I have a few rich wives who are bored, and need some sort of career, even if it's only to look like the wife of a rich man or the mayor. Thanks for the career!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 10:19 PM
Evelyn's hair is from PeggyZone, free hairstyle #003480. Here is the link to the mesh: http://www.peggyzone.com/ObjectDetail.html?id=003480, you'll just need to find the colors you want.
Banned
#11 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 6:39 AM
I love this new career. Thank You! .
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 12:02 PM
Nice. May I ask how you made that work?

Ok,
I have found out how to do that. I noticed that I actually never made a teen career before. I am making one right now :D

Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 1:59 PM
I've just downloaded it, can't wait to try it out!
Thanks a lot :-)
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 6:55 PM
This career seems to have overwritten the Athletic Career. It just disappeared after I installed this career.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by greenbanks92
This career seems to have overwritten the Athletic Career. It just disappeared after I installed this career.

I am planning on opening SimPE and changing the GUID again. Not sure what happened here but I should have an update shortly.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
It works just like the Maxis teen/adult linking. If a teen grows up and does not go to college, she will stay in the career, just will have transitioned to the adult version.

So what happens with the career if a teen goes to University?

Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 6:50 PM
Can you change the name for the top job for Adults to "The Most Interesting Man/Woman In The World"? Pleeeeeeease?
I love those Dos Equis commericals
The script for the commercial as the job description would be pure gold
EDIT: sorry, must've pressed the wrong button. Didn't mean to make this a reply to a post. 'Specially yours, Liente. Love your career mods too btw!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 10:28 PM
So what happens with the career if a teen goes to University?

If a teen goes to University, they no longer are in that career. They "quit" and assume young adult status, just like a Maxis job. If they graduate (or drop out) they can rejoin the career by looking for a job, same as any other job.

Quote: Originally posted by CervantesR
Can you change the name for the top job for Adults to "The Most Interesting Man/Woman In The World"? Pleeeeeeease?

You are more than welcome to edit this in SimPE for your own use as long as you do not redistribute.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 6:49 PM
Do I just download it into the downloads folder? I've never downloaded a career before. Thanks.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 1:02 AM
Yes! you just put it in your downloads folder and it should work. I have many! XD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 1:05 AM
This is so creative! More careers please! Thanks so much.
Test Subject
#22 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 1:45 PM
Iv just downloaded it and my sim doesnt get paid? its always $0 on every level?! x
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kirsty20
Iv just downloaded it and my sim doesnt get paid? its always $0 on every level?! x

Did you actually read the overview? I have a note, right at the top that says that your sim will not get paid and, that if you're not already rich, it's not the right career for you. Not to mention, I break down each level and, right beside the title for the levels are the pay amounts.

Test Subject
#24 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
Did you actually read the overview? I have a note, right at the top that says that your sim will not get paid and, that if you're not already rich, it's not the right career for you. Not to mention, I break down each level and, right beside the title for the levels are the pay amounts.

Oh sorry I was looking at it wrong, tbh I did skim read lol. Thankyou x
Scholar
THANKS POST
#25 Old 9th May 2015 at 4:56 PM
This really is the best career for rich women!
They are "at work" and the nanny/butler/babysitter cares for the children xD
Page 1 of 2