Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

2 New Soups for Dinner - Red Beans and Rice, and Loaded Potato

by joninmobile Posted 13th Jul 2010 at 7:15 PM - Updated 14th Jul 2010 at 3:47 AM by joninmobile

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 12:59 AM
Ooooo-yummy! It is making me drool.

Great work. Thanks for sharing, Ninth.
Instructor
#3 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 1:13 AM
Oooh Jon this is too cool! I love soup, now my sims can too
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 1:23 AM
LOVE the baked potato soup at Houlihan's....yumm....now my sims can indulge too! Thank you!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 2:19 AM
Soup is one of my favourites! :-) I love the look of these soups, but I'm not sure if they're showing up in my game.... I think that the potato one may be showing up as Mac 'n' Cheese in game, when you get the menu from clicking on a fridge, then selecting Serve Dinner....? Since I installed it, there are now 2 Mac 'n' Cheese's on that menu, not one. Not sure about the other one as my laptop won't download it properly (though I'm sure that's an issue with my laptop, not with the file!). If the potato one is showing up as Mac 'n' Cheese, would you be able to change that so it has its proper name?
Banned
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 3:15 AM
Now that is VERY strange, because in my game it shows up as Loaded Potato Soup. I don't know how to fix that. I even removed the file I was working on from my downloads folder, and replaced it with this download.
Instructor
#7 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Soup is one of my favourites! :-) I love the look of these soups, but I'm not sure if they're showing up in my game.... I think that the potato one may be showing up as Mac 'n' Cheese in game, when you get the menu from clicking on a fridge, then selecting Serve Dinner....? Since I installed it, there are now 2 Mac 'n' Cheese's on that menu, not one. Not sure about the other one as my laptop won't download it properly (though I'm sure that's an issue with my laptop, not with the file!). If the potato one is showing up as Mac 'n' Cheese, would you be able to change that so it has its proper name?

Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
Now that is VERY strange, because in my game it shows up as Loaded Potato Soup. I don't know how to fix that. I even removed the file I was working on from my downloads folder, and replaced it with this download.

Maybe the language matters?(like other objects)
Banned
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 3:43 AM Last edited by joninmobile : 14th Jul 2010 at 4:00 AM.
Ah thank you, I think that's what it was. I did notice that in the English U.K. text list it was still 'Mac and Cheese' so I've now fixed that. For the people in the U.K., wait a few hours for the file to overwrite the original, then re-download.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 5:27 AM
Ah thank you, I think that's what it was. I did notice that in the English U.K. text list it was still 'Mac and Cheese' so I've now fixed that. For the people in the U.K., wait a few hours for the file to overwrite the original, then re-download.

Yay! I'm in the UK, so I assume that that was the problem. Thanks for sorting it out! :-)

**EDIT** I have quite a few other really old CC foods from other creators that I've downloaded that also don't show the right name in the menu, is it easy to sort out? If it is, would you be able to give me a clue how to do it so I can try and sort out the other foods that I have in my downloads folder? If not, no worries :-)
Banned
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 6:31 AM
You open it in SimPE look for text lists in the resource tree, and resource list, and then you'll see an arrow next to the English, click that and you will see English U.K. you can then change the pie menu that way. Oh and always click commit, and save.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 10:24 PM
Awesome job!!! I may cook some read beans and rice this weekend. YUMMO
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 11:52 PM
More food again! Yay! You are totally spoiling us Jon, thank you so much for these new soups! I love having more food, and these look REALLY good! Thank you so much! (BTW, I LOVE loaded potato soup!!)
Forum Resident
#13 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 12:56 AM
Marvelous Soups!

Thank you very much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 8:19 PM
Yay! Thank you so much! It's about time that someone uploaded some new foods that weren't drinks, snack foods, or default replacements.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 7:26 PM
Nice. I like red beans with rice in real life too.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 3:21 PM
I'm searching for new food today, and this is great! I love the graphics, too!
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 4:11 PM

same here. both soups shows as Loaded Potato Soup in menu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 4:14 AM
Ooo, delicious! Well, loaded potato, anyways. x)
I haven't tested these yet, but I'll tell you if anything goes wrong.
My Sims -and I- thank you for the soup!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 3:43 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 11:17 AM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 1:02 PM
thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 2:00 AM
Thank you
Meet Me In My Next Life
#23 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 10:19 PM
I love all your work, thanks for the Red Bean and rice it's also my own favorite dish to eat. :lovestruc

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".