Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Suburban Appeal II - 4BD, 3 BA Ranch Style Home

by Honeywell Posted 11th Jul 2010 at 2:11 PM - Updated 22nd Jul 2017 at 11:51 AM by Honeywell : photobucket pics

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 5:49 PM
Wow, for such a small home it's very stylish! I love the floorplan and the way you furnished the inside. Thank you very much, keep up the good work

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao-tzu

Sorry, I don't take requests.

My building tutorial: Link
Banned
#3 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 9:13 AM
A great lot, looks like fun to play as well. Thank you so much for your work.
Banned
#4 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 5:16 PM
I like it!
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 6:45 AM
Thanks for commenting, all.
Alchemist
#6 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 5:04 PM
I love the interior decorating. Every room has something special about it!
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:29 AM
I love how you used the half foundation! I'll have to try that. Thank you for such a lovely home!
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 1:31 AM
I love your homes to death! You make such lovely homes with wonderful architecture and floor plans! Sadly, I'm incapable of downloading most of them due to certain stuff packs. I wish I could just magically make the homes empty of furniture and stuff, because as lovely as your decorating is it's the only thing keeping me from the house. Regardless I just wanted to mention how gorgeous it is. I'm sure eventually I'll get to download it once I buy the stuff packs needed.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lillzy
I love how you used the half foundation! I'll have to try that. Thank you for such a lovely home!

I agree with lillzy! This house caught my attention because of the half-foundation. Do you think you could possibly make a tutorial on how to create one? .

but repetition ends in failure

I build random stuff, so you don't have to! And I'll take requests, within reason, depends on the project. PM me for details.

Check my page for my next project!
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 8:57 PM
I'm sorry for the delay responding to the requests for a tutorial. Actually, in the GridAdjuster thread by Mootilda (that's linked in the additional credits) I wrote down the steps I took along with some pictures for a 3/4 height foundation with an attached garage. You just need to adjust "the clicks" by one for a 1/2 height foundation.

I hope that helps and sorry again for the late response. ~Tabby
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 4:15 PM
Hey There! I was tryin' to re-create your lovely house to make it face the road, and for some reason I cannot get the foundation to go to the 1/2. I do have the gridadjuster, but cannot seem to get the #'s to line up to get it to all work right. Is there a way you could help me with this please?
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ADolphnsDream
Hey There! I was tryin' to re-create your lovely house to make it face the road, and for some reason I cannot get the foundation to go to the 1/2. I do have the gridadjuster, but cannot seem to get the #'s to line up to get it to all work right. Is there a way you could help me with this please?
I'd be happy to if I can. All you need to do is layout your foundation for your house (no walls, pools etc.), save & exit. In GridAdjuster your numbers will be:

GridAdjuster:
level 1 to level 1
0 to lot depth
0 to lot width
clicks 2

The lot depth and lot width numbers can change depending on the lot size. For this lot, which is a 3x3, you would use 30 for the depth and width.

I hope that helps.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 5:00 PM
Thanks for the quick reply back, I was able to get the foundation down, but now I'm havin' an issue with the stairs, any idea why I can't put stairs down?
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 5:02 PM
Hmm...I don't remember having any issues with the stairs. Try placing them with moveobjects on maybe?
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 5:23 PM
Moveobjects worked! Thank you so much for you help. I love your houses and thought for my game it would be a good house to make facing the road. I hope you don't mind. I won't be uploading it anywhere as I don't know how LOL! So it will just be in my game.
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ADolphnsDream
Moveobjects worked! Thank you so much for you help. I love your houses and thought for my game it would be a good house to make facing the road. I hope you don't mind. I won't be uploading it anywhere as I don't know how LOL! So it will just be in my game.
You're welcome. And I don't mind at all--I honestly wouldn't even mind if you wanted to share it here or else where. I love to see make overs of my houses!

A quick tip: If you're going to re-create the carport too you'll want to do that next in order to make sure you can get the driveway pieces to turn the right direction. If they don't, you can use Mootilda's LotAdjuster to add a street, place the driveways and then put the streets back the way they were.