Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Junk Yard House - New Objects ,New Patterns With New lot design ?!

by Lunararc Posted 19th Jul 2010 at 3:41 AM - Updated 21st Sep 2011 at 1:42 AM by Lunararc

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:41 AM
This is brilliant! Love the attention to detail! Very well done *bows*
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:52 AM
One of the greatest inventions since sliced toast!
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:59 AM
That would be quite realistic if it didn't sparkle all day long.

Nice work of course. By the way, where does the rusted old car come from? Is that not CC?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:38 AM
Wow this is awesome.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 9:33 AM
wonderful!
my post apocalyptic town just got a bit junkier!

thanks a million

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 10:20 AM
WOW! Fantastic creation - perfect for my sci-fi rundown town. =) I'm also loving patterns and furniture - great addition.

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 11:15 AM
This is amazing! I adore junk/grunge lots and your patterns are beautiful. I love the car in the water - clever! Thank you so much.
Scholar
#9 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 11:22 AM
Impressive! It looks so realistic.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:20 PM
Thanks Guys I hope you really like it

Knight Of The Moon
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by radiophonic
That would be quite realistic if it didn't sparkle all day long.

Nice work of course. By the way, where does the rusted old car come from? Is that not CC?

NO,the rusted car is from sims 3 not a cc and i recolored it to look rusty

Knight Of The Moon
Mad Poster
#12 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:47 PM
Wow, this is fantastic, you did a great job, thank you! Can't wait to install it in Twinbrook.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:03 PM
umm....why do I feel like I'm watching the Iron Giant right about now?
The place looks like crap, so you did a terrific job! Very nicely done!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 3:12 PM
This looks interesting, rundown buildings have something special. Good job!

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:04 PM
thankyou so much for creating this it is just what i wanted for my game, ive been trying for a post apocalytic kinda setting so thankyou for sharing this.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Slipslop
This looks interesting, rundown buildings have something special. Good job!

It's Great pleasure for me

Knight Of The Moon
Instructor
#17 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:08 PM
haha, brilliant! it has a much more junk yard feel to it than the ones by eaxis'. Great work :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:13 AM
I really like the attention to detail you have shown Lunararc and I think this is fantastic but there are problems with the lot. I have a homeless man (Jim) living in The Junk Yard House and watching him go about his business (whether he is set to active family or not) isn't fun. Over and over, Jim will stand there and complain because he cannot get to the location on the lot that he wanted to go.

I tried visiting Jim with another family and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't visit the Jim household, I couldn't greet Jim, I couldn't rummage through the piles of junk, I couldn't place one foot onto the lot. Everytime I tried resulted in my sim complaining that he/she couldn't get to that location or do that specific task. The only way I can visit Jim is to walk around other parts of town and hope I bump into him.

So I think something needs to be done about this. Perhaps open the lot a bit more? So Sims can find their way without complaining? Perhaps place a broken, run down door at the front of the lot (just standing there without walls beside it) and set this as the front door? This would allow other sims to at least step onto the lot.

Anyone reading this, place a new sim into the lot and watch the computer take control of the sim.. it's not good. Now switch to another family and try visit this new sim... you can't step onto the lot or do anything!
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gohan2091
I really like the attention to detail you have shown Lunararc and I think this is fantastic but there are problems with the lot. I have a homeless man (Jim) living in The Junk Yard House and watching him go about his business (whether he is set to active family or not) isn't fun. Over and over, Jim will stand there and complain because he cannot get to the location on the lot that he wanted to go.

I tried visiting Jim with another family and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't visit the Jim household, I couldn't greet Jim, I couldn't rummage through the piles of junk, I couldn't place one foot onto the lot. Everytime I tried resulted in my sim complaining that he/she couldn't get to that location or do that specific task. The only way I can visit Jim is to walk around other parts of town and hope I bump into him.

So I think something needs to be done about this. Perhaps open the lot a bit more? So Sims can find their way without complaining? Perhaps place a broken, run down door at the front of the lot (just standing there without walls beside it) and set this as the front door? This would allow other sims to at least step onto the lot.

Anyone reading this, place a new sim into the lot and watch the computer take control of the sim.. it's not good. Now switch to another family and try visit this new sim... you can't step onto the lot or do anything!

Hahahaha , Sorry for this you know when i took the screen shots i put Jim (My house hold) by using (moveobjects on) inside the piles because he was annoying me when i was catching the photos by mistake when i upload the lot i share the house with the house hold ( it was my falt ) i will upload it without Jim But now Try Ctrl shift c (moveobjects on) and pick him from the piles every thing will be right and other sims can be invited in his house hold it isn't a problem just you do'nt know the cheat :D

Knight Of The Moon
Test Subject
#20 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 10:14 AM
this is fantastic!! thanks so much! i've been looking for some patterns like these!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunararc
Hahahaha , Sorry for this you know when i took the screen shots i put Jim (My house hold) by using (moveobjects on) inside the piles because he was annoying me when i was catching the photos by mistake when i upload the lot i share the house with the house hold ( it was my falt ) i will upload it without Jim But now Try Ctrl shift c (moveobjects on) and pick him from the piles every thing will be right and other sims can be invited in his house hold it isn't a problem just you do'nt know the cheat :D

I think you misunderstood. Jim is a sim I created last night, I was just using my sim as an example. The moveobjects cheats does not allow you to move sims right? Whether it does or not, it's not going to help I don't think.

How can external sims enter the lot as a guest if they can't step foot on the lot?
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 6:31 PM
I think you misunderstood. Jim is a sim I created last night, I was just using my sim as an example. The moveobjects cheats does not allow you to move sims right? Whether it does or not, it's not going to help I don't think.

How can external sims enter the lot as a guest if they can't step foot on the lot?

I tried what you said any every thing is right the visitor can ring the bill and sleep there you have something wrong in your game.

Knight Of The Moon
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunararc
I tried what you said any every thing is right the visitor can ring the bill and sleep there you have something wrong in your game.

Was the visitor already known to the tennant of The Junk Yard House? Try visiting using a newly created sim or a sim that has never met the tennant before.

Can other people try this also?
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 12:59 AM
Was the visitor already known to the tennant of The Junk Yard House? Try visiting using a newly created sim or a sim that has never met the tennant before.

Can other people try this also?

I created a new family and replace it in my junk yard also i made another one and replace it in another lot i visited the family how owns the junk yard for the first time i ring the bill and enter the house ( without any difficulty ) also i make the visitor relax on the bed every thing was wright , you want to made up any problem in the house i don't know why you the only one how made up a problem all the people test it and every thing alright please don't make a comment again because if you do that i will make the administration delete your account ok.

Knight Of The Moon
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:26 PM
Lunararc,

You are mixing up your how with who.

I am not here to personally attack you, I am just reporting a problem I am facing. Geez man, you need to calm down. Why are you acting like this? I am not putting your work down, I am saying great work! I didn't post here to cause trouble, I posted to get help. You are not experiencing this problem so that suggests it's probably something to do with my game.. perhaps moving the lot to a more flatter peice of land would fix it?.. I don't know, I will have to try it.

I was wrong to assume this was a global problem but really Lunararc, calm down!
Page 1 of 2