Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A Study in Modern Architecture

by CokeBuilder Posted 19th Jul 2010 at 9:34 PM

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 11:25 PM
Much better then your first, two minor suggestions, Curtains in the windows of the living room, and a more modern bed where the iron one is. (:

Looks great! Glad to see your skills as a sims 3 builder are improving.

Call me Tyu. (:
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 11:49 PM
it looks really nice, can't wait to try it out!
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:27 AM
I think we'll have to agree to disagree about the curtains, tyu. I love blinds!

Thanks you guys, glad you like it

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao-tzu

Sorry, I don't take requests.

My building tutorial: Link
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:37 AM
It's stunning! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 2:30 AM
Wow, very nicely done. I'm also a big fan of modern architecture, and I definitely love the open, spacious floor plan. I've been trying to create a house in a similar style, but I think I might scrap it now in favor of this one.

The only thing that springs to mind is the lack of parking. To be honest, I never designed a house without parking stalls. Will the sims keep their vehicles in their inventory if there is no place to park them?
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 3:54 AM
Yeah, as of right now I don't even know how to provide parking stalls. I'm working on it haha

Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 10:20 AM
Mmmh... this place makes me dream... Lucky the Sims who will live in
Alchemist
#9 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 5:54 PM
By George you've got it! It now looks like you've been building in Sims3 for years. I love the sparkling simplicity of this one!
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 6:10 PM
Thanks you two! I appreciate your comments :D

Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 6:43 PM Last edited by Syntax63 : 20th Jul 2010 at 9:07 PM.
This house is beautiful - as I am a fan of modern architecture - with clear lines and free feeling, means it is not so overloaded - as many homes (with a lot of wallpaper coverings and to dark inventory...) - which makes one to pressed by the surroundings - yours is just perfect for a relaxed stay and focus on the important things. Very well done - are you architect? - as this is a real beauty! One of my favored here on the web.
Keep it on.
And for the car-lot I would not bother as it is that easy to get along in Sim City without one.
Scholar
#12 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 3:48 AM
Parking slots are under cars.(: -i think thats what you meant, and you could do curtains and shades?(: they just would add a lot of warmth to that room.(:

Call me Tyu. (:
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 4:26 AM
Syntax63, I am only an architect in the sims 2 and 3 unfortunately. I do love architecture though!

Thanks for your comments guys

Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 7:24 AM
WOW, i absolutely love this house, its exactly what i was looking for, i love modern architecture and my sims will be very happy with this one i love that you used so much white, i tend to do the same thing when i build in sims 3 keep up the great work :D
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 10:46 AM
I loved this house, too. Nice work indeed. Backyard pool area played very well. Bedrooms were plush and living and working areas were all laid out nicely. It was easy living there for several nights. I placed the lot on a 40w x 30d lot and had no trouble placing several driveway buy objects for parking cars on either side of the lot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 8:57 PM
I really like this home! Thank you!