Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sunset Valley´s old bunker

by Johnny_Bravo Posted 30th Jul 2010 at 12:29 AM - Updated 26th Aug 2012 at 4:11 PM by Zandvoort : forgotten to thank someone :)

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 2:13 AM
Great lot, I've been trying to figure out some sort of bunker type lot myself but haven't had any luck yet lol. Awesome job with the landscaping too it looks, you really captured the feel of the whole bombed bunker them like in the story!

One small bug I noticed (which I ran into building my park too) is with the jet statue. Unfortunately when I put the lot down the statue jumps up to the ground level and isn't sunken like it is in the screenshot, it's something to do with when a lot is placed / moved so I think it checks and resets object locations that aren't in line with the current floor level.

On the bright side I did find a really easy way around it, you just have dig a small hole where the plane goes and place it in there (might have to hold ALT while placing so you can move it off grid) then cover any gaps with bushes or rocks .
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 3:00 AM
So creative! Excellent job, i love the story that goes with it!

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 10:45 AM
This is such a cool idea - thank you for making it!

For new or updated skins, please visit my website: Pink Rabbit
Instructor
#5 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 11:16 AM
This looks great! The detail's absolutely amazing, thank you for sharing it.
Scholar
#6 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 1:09 PM
Nice landscaping.
Instructor
#7 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 2:24 PM
Heh, nice. My old history prof would dig this.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 11:12 PM
thanks guys, I´m really glad you like it

@feldynn, yes I´ve noticed that, too, such an annoying bug :/

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#9 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 2:21 AM
I am curious.. in the story you wrote (that was a very nice touch! good job!) that the ghost of the plane is still there.

Did you put a gravestone in the lot to make a ghost come out at night?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 8:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by notsomebeans
I am curious.. in the story you wrote (that was a very nice touch! good job!) that the ghost of the plane is still there.

Did you put a gravestone in the lot to make a ghost come out at night?

No I did'nt think of that, good tip
Glad you like it.

#11 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 9:02 AM
Very original idea ! Great work, thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 2:21 PM
This is a great bunker except you missed the vintage record player. And, you could have made the underground a maze of tunnels.

Give you a nice tip: Do a neighborhood filled with tunnels. And have them run through the neighborhood and connect them to basements and have them sealed off with boulders. Get a underground map of Washington, DC.

It is the only downside of SIMs 1, 2, and 3 you cannot build a tunnel system throughout a neighborhood.

Can't wait to see what you build next.
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stormchaser One
This is a great bunker except you missed the vintage record player. And, you could have made the underground a maze of tunnels.

Give you a nice tip: Do a neighborhood filled with tunnels. And have them run through the neighborhood and connect them to basements and have them sealed off with boulders. Get a underground map of Washington, DC.

It is the only downside of SIMs 1, 2, and 3 you cannot build a tunnel system throughout a neighborhood.

Can't wait to see what you build next.

uber dive wells could be used inside tunnels to go between different lots
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 5:02 AM
I think this is really creative. Love the storyline. Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 8:09 AM
@notsomebeans: of course the pilot(s) being killed is possible, but they could have bailed out, got arrested, then lived their lives peacefully after the war

BTW, nice lot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 6:35 PM
LOVE IT!

Btw you should make a version of the hunter where it is either crashed, standing normal with the landing gear open.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#17 Old 20th Aug 2012 at 11:50 PM
Is that plane object CC or is it in the game?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Is that plane object CC or is it in the game?

It's an in-Game statue

#19 Old 30th May 2013 at 1:49 PM
xD....it is very strange!!!But I like it on my way....xDDD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 6:29 AM
Very nice. I was already thinking "Why is no-one building a bunker?". Nice story too. The German Sims must have been a bit ahead of the real ones with their technology in 1942; the first prototype jets appeared around 1945.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FozzerBear
Very nice. I was already thinking "Why is no-one building a bunker?". Nice story too. The German Sims must have been a bit ahead of the real ones with their technology in 1942; the first prototype jets appeared around 1945.

I suck at history.