Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Untamed Stallion - Brows for Males

by Arisuka Posted 27th Jul 2010 at 12:44 AM - Updated 11th Aug 2010 at 12:41 AM by Arisuka

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 1:08 AM
That's so funny. I was just thinking yesterday that I hated the eyebrows for male sims. Great job!
Scholar
#3 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 1:19 AM Last edited by FzzyDg8 : 27th Jul 2010 at 3:19 PM.
Bushy brows never floated my boat, however I'm learning to appreciate them. They certainly do make the face and yours, I like!! Thank you for sharing them.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 4:53 AM
Excellent! These were much needed! Most of the custom eyebrows are too girly for the guys and I hate the ones that come with the game
Instructor
#5 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 6:00 AM
Very nice!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Instructor
#6 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 9:28 AM
oooh, gorgeous! And the brows are nice too

hehe, they look great. Finally a good range to suit all of our simmies. Great job and thank you for sharing.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 3:13 PM
These are totally awesome! Thanks for sharing :-)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 5:18 PM
Nice manly brows, thank you!
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 6:20 PM
Thank you. The male Sims are highly neglected in these games
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 5:02 AM
Wonderful manly brows.

Your models are gorgeous too by the way, very yummy looking.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by quietone04

I agree with quietone04.
All those shiny eyebrows look so weird when I want to create a 'wassup dude?' or barbaric guy.
Thank you so much for your impressive stuff.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by quietone04

That's why I'm a (wo)man on a mission to give the dudes some justice
I'm making all kinds of essential stuff for males, and a pack of more brows too, since I've now learned this new way of texturing brows.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 3:34 PM
Oh, man, thank you so, so much for the eyebrows. The default option for male Sims' eyebrows are... less than stellar.
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 11:32 PM
Is this a default replacement?!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by A5HL33YY
Is this a default replacement?!

No!!!111!1one
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 8:07 AM
The brows are great! Especially for the manlier(?) sims.
I have a question: The sixth (and last) sim on the preview, is there any way he can be made available?
I totally understand if not, but, I'd be grateful if I was able to have him.

All your sims are absolutely amazing.

-Cnih
Forum Resident
#17 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 12:19 PM
Thanks Arisuka, these may be just what I was looking for with my Carlos (desperate housewives) sim.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cnih
The brows are great! Especially for the manlier(?) sims.
I have a question: The sixth (and last) sim on the preview, is there any way he can be made available?
I totally understand if not, but, I'd be grateful if I was able to have him.

All your sims are absolutely amazing.

-Cnih

Yeah, he's just my WIP Edward Cullen, I'm uploading him someday with Bella and Jacob when they're finished.
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
Yeah, he's just my WIP Edward Cullen, I'm uploading him someday with Bella and Jacob when they're finished.

Oh....you caught me! :lovestruc I immediately caught the simalarities towards the sims and the character.
In my opinion, he is the closest sim I've seen that could go for Edward--truly. Trust me, I've looked around.

I'll be waiting, and probably will be the first to download!
Thanks
-Cnih
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cnih
Oh....you caught me! :lovestruc I immediately caught the simalarities towards the sims and the character.
In my opinion, he is the closest sim I've seen that could go for Edward--truly. Trust me, I've looked around.

I'll be waiting, and probably will be the first to download!
Thanks
-Cnih

Hehe, it's always a great sign when a fan likes the sim that's still in work process!
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 3:30 PM
For some reason I cannot get these eyebrows to show up in my game. I am actually trying to get Darren Walker (Realistic Men) to install but he remains ashed out and will crash the game to the desktop. I think it's because I don't have these eyebrows. I have tried deleting the cache and removing one default replacement I had for the uni-brow and another set of eye brows. I even removed the CAS thumbnails. Any suggestions? I want to use him in a movie I am making. He would be perfect!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 5:34 PM
IdaNoReally
Eye brows should not crash the game.. Weird, I have no idea why they won't show up in your game! O___o
Did you put the .sim -file savedsims and not in packages folder?
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
IdaNoReally
Eye brows should not crash the game.. Weird, I have no idea why they won't show up in your game! O___o
Did you put the .sim -file savedsims and not in packages folder?

So you think he would load even without the eyebrows then? So it must be something else. It almost acts like it is the wrong skin since he is all ashen. I used the Peggy face and body skin. I have had missing hair styles crash the game to the desk top like this but that Sim was not ashen. I know I have the two hair styles you linked since they work on other Sims but Darren is bald. I have all the other CC working except your eyebrows.

I used the Monkey Installer to install Darren and it put the file with a different name (The Sims3Darren_Walker) In the Documents/Electronic Arts not The Sims3 folder. So I move it to the Saved Sims folder. I also tried just placing the Darren_Walker directly from the WinRAR into the saved Sims folder.

Wish I could get him in my game. You did a great job on him.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#24 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 6:19 PM
The ashen skin thing is pretty common with custom skins - you just have to re-choose the skin in the skins panel, then switch the sim to swimwear and back and it should work fine.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#25 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
The ashen skin thing is pretty common with custom skins - you just have to re-choose the skin in the skins panel, then switch the sim to swimwear and back and it should work fine.

I was going to try that HP because I have done that before but in this case I cannot get to the CAS panels before the game crashes to the desktop.
Page 1 of 2