Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Chinese Tattoo Set

by Tenshiak Posted 11th Aug 2010 at 8:12 AM - Updated 12th Aug 2010 at 12:33 AM by Tenshiak

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 8:48 AM
hurray! my real life tattoo now means what it should!
thanks a million!

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 12:54 PM
the Chinese character for health is wrong, because you only put "健" instead of the full "健康". "健" itself does NOT mean health. (do not trust online translators, chinese characters and english words cannot be translated directly without losing its original meaning)

the appropriate single character to imply health would be "壽', which means Longevity.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 1:48 PM
And that is why I do not upload chinese, japanese or korean tattoos. They look very decent tho, good job.

I don't take requests anymore. Archive of my creations: http://sims3tattoostudio.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 4:36 PM
Your model is very pretty, I've been going through systematic removal of all uglinest that EA has made for neighborhoods. Any chance you'll upload her in the future. I understand if you won't, I would never allow my sims to be used by random people on the internet either, thanks for bothering to read though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 6:09 PM
thecouncilor I wanted to but my upload was rejected. I guess her face isn't unique enough. You can find her on TSR though, her name is Liu Chang.
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 6:36 PM
Sorry about the mean comments on your previous upload. I thought you were putting the wrong characters up on purpose as to trick people.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 9:00 PM
Downloading now. Thanks a million for this! Even though I'll probably only use "love", it's still a beautiful set, and so nice to see artists starting to put tattoos up for download that are compatible with the Ambitions tattoo system. And I've already downloaded Liu Chang -- what a cutie! Actually, I noticed her before I noticed the tattoos, lol.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 3:05 AM
Very nice tattoos, thank you! In fact, someday I might get one myself of the "health" symbol on my shoulder blade or lower back, because being a healthy person has always been important to me! Thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 3:21 AM
These are very nice. I'm just making the transition from Sims 2 to Sims 3, and one of my main sims had a couple of these tattoos. So thanks! Question though: Is there any way to off-set the chest tattoos to a particular side? Like on a pectoral muscle instead of in the center of the chest?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 9:37 PM
It is possible, but the whole tattoo that you download has to be moved to top/bottom/left/right. I sometimes make my tattoos this way. I hope that someday there would be an update or a mod that would make it possible to move the tattoos in the game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 7:30 AM
Great work. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 6:39 PM
I think the one for love is japanese not chinese..? Though im still going to download XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 19th May 2011 at 7:25 PM
Nice work, @Samara01 its traditional Chinese and Japanese if I'm correct
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 5:00 PM
I'm still just learning, but from what I understand a lot of characters look the same in Traditional Chinese and Japanese but are pronounced differently. And a lot of characters look different in Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese but are pronounced the same.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 11:46 PM
Awesome! Im download ^-^!!!!!!
<3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:58 PM
Thank you! Love these tattoos!
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd May 2015 at 10:15 PM
this is japanese kanji not chinese
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 8:52 PM
I'm sorry, but those are not chinese prints. Those are Japanese. The sign you have up there for "Love" is actually Japanese kanji.