Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Marsh Lane Cottage

by lytescary Posted 24th Aug 2010 at 2:39 AM - Updated 19th Jul 2011 at 3:16 PM by lytescary

8 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 4:59 AM
looks great, i love the neat and tidy look, (: some suggestions:
On the interior fire place, maybe three of the little plants across? its missing a plant of some sort, its kind of a rule of thumb, every room should have some sort of plant/greenery. Also maybe a different hardwood floor? that style of hardwood is from the 80's which doesnt match the nice clean furniture!
It would also have been nice of the yard lights were hidden, and there was mulch or rock of some type under the bushes, gives it a finished look, also, your landscaping in the front looks so nice....what happened in the back? Its like you forgot to put landscape there! lol.

Im not sure if i wrote this...but i love the front door! It looks great, but, maybe a small planted pot on the steps? warm it up! also, im not sure if you can do this with the corner stairs, because i have not downloaded it, but it would have been nice if that was a tan to match the roof,

Also a suggestion for the future, when you do a home with a exterior with tan in it, (town siding, roof,steps, pillars etc.) i suggest you do a home with tans on the interior instead of grey, and vice versa. It just kind of connects the inside with the outside, and makes a better flow, some may disagree, and say its not important, but details like that are what make a house a home!

Great work on this home! It has a lot of great features! And with some minor tweaks it could be perfect! Congrats on a great home!

Hope none of this offends you!(:

Tyu.

Call me Tyu. (:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 7:40 AM Last edited by lytescary : 24th Aug 2010 at 10:31 AM.
I take on board your ideas and agree with most of them. I put that hard wood floor down because I actually like it myself and in my old house we had old mixed with new and it worked really well.

I agree completely with the potter plant on the steps, and there is one, it's just from the angle I have taken the pics you can see it.

However, I don't agree with the fact about colour co-ordinating the interior colours with the outside. I personally think that it would be too much of one sort of shade.

Thanks for our comment, I know it was meant well but I did find it a little disheartening lol. I have been creating and uploading houses for quite a while now
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 12:07 PM
Beautiful! It looks very European (even if its not meant to) and i have been looking everywhere for a sort of European looking house! Good Work! thankyou x

I'm the girl sat at the window watching you...
Instructor
#5 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 12:14 PM
Oh this looks really nice! I love how simple and contemporary it is.

My DEVIANTART profile
Scholar
#6 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 8:07 PM
oh, dont take it that way at all! (: I personally enjoy getting constructive criticism, because then i know what people like and dislike, it has nothing to do with how long you have or have not been uploading, i give even the longest uploaders my opinion, i just see a lot of potential in yours! (: -So dont take it in a bad way.

It was not written to dishearten in any way, it was made as a 'wow, i think you have a lot of potential, so im going to point out what would make it even that much better.'

Hope you understand,

Tyu.

Call me Tyu. (:
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 8:17 PM
I have to disagree with just about everything toyou1214 says. The house is cute as is! And houses are meant to reflect our own personal likes, so not everyone is going to like the same color/texture choices as us. Clearly the style of wood floor is personal. And matching inside and outside?! Why on earth would someone do that?

toyou1214 you have a lot of feedback to give, I think it would be better served in CFF where lots are not yet uploaded. Here in the downloads section none of those changes are going to be made.
Scholar
#8 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 8:55 PM
Again, it is just a matter of taste,

HL, i have spent time in that section, but i also put comments here as well, so then those changes can be made in there future homes, I know none of the changes will be made to this particular home.

The house is great, i am just giving my opinion. Because i as a builder appreciate when other Sim players/builders etc, give me feedback on what they see. I did not write it in a rude way.-I made certain of that, i spent almost 10 minutes reading over it so i was positive it was not rude. i wrote it purely as input on a home.

Tyu.

Call me Tyu. (:
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 4:57 AM
I just wanted to say I really love this house It was the perfect home for my sims and now that I've found it they can finally start their family! Its a very beautiful home