Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gwrych March Set Two: 6 COTTAGE HOUSES (13 Downloads)

by StephSim Posted 7th Sep 2010 at 2:15 AM - Updated 17th Oct 2010 at 2:16 AM by StephSim

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 2:58 PM Last edited by pegasaus : 8th Sep 2010 at 3:00 PM.
I think that you have made 'sims 2 returns to medieval times' expansion pack with creating all these lots! thanks for sharing

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 5:22 PM
This is absolutely amazing, must have taken you ages to create all of these! I love this style of lots so much, thanks for sharing... I'm gonna be very busy downloading! :-)
Scholar
#4 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 5:35 PM
You could really fill a whole world with this great houses
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 5:44 AM
Thanks for the compliments all!

pegasus,
Yeah. That's been the running joke with my hubby and I.

queen
Time? Yes. As I am determined to "complete" this project in it's entirety, I find that my interest level wanes at times and at other times the energy is non-stop. Such is life!My bonus will be the final lots because they are more whimsical and will be uploaded 1 at a time. Personally, I would have to download the lots a few at a time and place them in my game. I'd find all these lots SO overwhelming! Enjoy the downloads.

candlight,
That's the idea! So grab the Gwrych Maps (see the 45 Gwrych Lots download under my profile) and make a world if you haven't already done so. The idea is I build them and you download them add a few personal touches (or not) and play Sims Medieval style!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Instructor
#6 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 11:36 AM
Cool lots. I'm thankful you decided to included unfurnished versions, as almost ALL of this custom content I already have. Thank you!

PS- do you do recolors? I need more medieval style bedding!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 8:26 PM Last edited by StephSim : 8th Sep 2010 at 10:48 PM.
Child of Air

Glad you found what you are looking for with the lots. Yeah...I know some people have their downloads organized in subfolders and such. I went back and forth over how to upload the lots best. But, for my sanity and times sake, I just did it the standard way!

I don't do recolors...but if you are looking for more COLORFUL MEDIEVALISH BEDDING here are a few links:

The Calalily downloads are some of my favorites because they have that "embroidered look":
Grab a few GRUNDGY beddings here!

Grab a few embroidered wooly beddings here!
(There is a page 2 to this set!)

Note: Not ALL of these are quite period appropriate, but I downloaded the ones that did not have large decor images and ones that looked "wool-like" or embroidered".

Grab a few sets of Royalty Medieval Bedding HERE!
(Paysite but the bedding and pillows are free). I found this thanks to Walter at Black Pearl!

HERE at MTS...
Tig's Elven Bedding!

Jacobean Bedding
Not very wooly and moreso of the Jacobite era, but very Medieval in looks IMHO.

Grundgy Second Hand Bedspread!
The bedding can be found in the "Second Hand Bedroom Set" Download Zip.

Darter Medieval Bedset!

Post 6 of Comments for MidSimmer Night's Dream Bedding
This is the standard bedding that I used with fur and straw!

and Last but not least...
Jeni at TSR Medieval Bedding Set!
I'm only mentioning this one because it is a FREE download if you log-in.

Take care.
~*~Stephanie~*~

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 2:35 AM
I love the everliving out of you for making so many of these lots! Do you think you could perhaps do a version that doesn't require the stuff packs? i have all EPs, but I've n ever bothered with stuff packs for lack of interest.

Thank you so much!

Hide all Maxis objects {|} Hide CAS screen objects {|} Want to be a real mermaid?{|} icon by yumehito

Ich schrei in die Nacht für Dich...
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 1:32 PM
Amazing you do such beautiful work
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 4:13 PM Last edited by StephSim : 10th Sep 2010 at 4:26 PM.
GoodMorningMisterFear,
I've decided to create the remaining Gwrych sets without Stuff Packs as most of what I need for medieval building can be found in the EPs. What this means is since I haven't started the Gwrych Barony yet...there will be almost every type of building you need because the Barony set includes a Castle, Manor House, Cottages and I will add a few hovels to make it more complete. Then, the set after that will have a jail, courts, inns, brothels, etc. I will add another Jousting Field to that collection as well. Basically, it should be enough to build an entire kingdom that is fully decorated without any STUFF PACKS. I realized that I really don't "need" the Stuff Packs for my "Gwrych" project. I was stuck in that mindset because I stopped working on my "Simptopia Project" (which I need the Stuff Packs for) to finish the Gwrych Project this year. Going from modern building with limited Custom Content to Medieval building with tons of Custom Content takes a shift in mindset.

So, you shall have your wish. It will take a small bit of reorganization/replanning, but the remainder of the Gwrych Collection (about 36 lots total + plus a few original lots by Lauralaima and myself ) will only use EPs and no Stuff packs!

lbenninger
Thanks.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 4:54 PM Last edited by GoodMorningMisterFear : 10th Sep 2010 at 5:23 PM.
Awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing them!

ETA: Before I forget, could I make a small request of you? My pirate Sims would love some beach lots to live on if you wouldn't mind...!

Hide all Maxis objects {|} Hide CAS screen objects {|} Want to be a real mermaid?{|} icon by yumehito

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 5:44 PM
Ah! The Pirate Sims lots will definitely be on a Shopping District "Mystic" Island and I plan to make most of the lots on that island beach lots. Those lots will be my last Gwrych creations and are just ideas right now...and of course the PIRATES must live on a beach lot...that is a must!

Take care. I'm off to finish up a beach lot just for playing in over the next few days of my Sim Creation Vacation!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 6:05 PM
You are AWESOME, lady! Thank you so much for all of your hard work for the rest of us!

Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 4:33 PM
you make awesome thing youre the best!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 4:32 AM Last edited by StephSim : 26th Nov 2010 at 3:59 PM.
Sorry I missed your comment GoodMorningMisterFear! I REALLY appreciate the love and I hope you are enjoying the downloads!

Thank you, fuhing.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 7:15 AM
Great stuff.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 3:57 PM
Thanks Vanito!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 8:36 AM
where do i download this SIMS2PACK file? because it won't show up in my game!
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 8:42 AM
i mean where do i download it to*
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 1:24 PM
rockergal

Sorry I took a few days to respond. I've been away from Simming and otherwise preoccupied!

MTS is a gigantic site with lots of useful information. I know it can be overwhelming, so I will direct as much as I can to what you need and what you need to do with a link to get you started.

Go here:
Downloading Tips
Don't let the title at the top of the page throw you off. It's all meant in good fun. There is a super sense of humour around here. I know you are probably excited about getting started, but you must know the basics first and game play will be so much better once you do. So, relax...get a healthy snack and take your time and go through the information there.

Also...there is a Tab on every download called "Install Instructions" (scroll down and look below the comments...There is an Overview Tab, a Download Tab, and finally The Install Instructions Tab). The "Install Instructions" Tab lets you know which files go where.

I will also suggest you get to know the site by CLICKING around.

Hopefully this little bit helps.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 10:39 PM
Why is this not featured? Or even picked?!! This is the most painstakingly done era recreation work I've seen in a very long time. I would be in tears after just trying to build ONE of these lots and yet you have created an entire kingdom!

I bow before your saint-like patience and artistic flair!

:bow:
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 10:15 PM
Aww I just needed to get two more games so I could use this upload.... Well, thanks for sharing anyway. I bet this broke your back a lot! I hate building lots because they take to much time.... But it's fun in a way! (if that made sence)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 2:52 AM Last edited by StephSim : 28th Aug 2011 at 8:48 AM.
Thanks Rhaevyn. I appreciate the compliments! Do enjoy the downloads.

****************************************************************************************

Lila112

Oh! Sorry you can't download the lots yet. Hopefully soon?

The overall Gwrych Project got to a point of repetition for me, but (unbelievably) there is still more to come. I'm just trying to build up the desire to complete the versions that require fewer EPs, so I can finish the "newer" Gwrych lots. It will take a bit of time, but hopefully I will get around to it soon.

At any rate...if and when you can get the lots, do enjoy them!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 3:18 AM
This is TRULY amazing! I just adore your lots, the attention to detail is incredible, and I just love it to pieces! I'm working on making a Medieval neighborhood to play in with your buildings as the center! So great! Thank you for sharing! ^.^
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 5:46 PM Last edited by StephSim : 15th Sep 2011 at 1:28 PM.
You are most welcomed Chrissy! Thank you for the compliments. Do enjoy your "Medieval" hood.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Page 1 of 2