Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Close Bird Cage When Done

by worf_84 Posted 15th Sep 2010 at 10:45 PM - Updated 16th Sep 2010 at 12:52 AM by worf_84

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 12:26 AM
hi! what is the green "points" around the girl?

Thank you
Space Pony
#3 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 1:55 AM
@majo39: That's the Evil Witch glow from Apartment Life. It's not related to the download.

@OP: I myself don't deal with birds enough to have noticed this problem, but I'll probably get it anyway; fixes are always nice!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 3:52 AM
Yes. Yes. Yes! I couldn't stand the fact that womrat cages could be closed autonomously and the bird cages couldn't.

Field Researcher
#5 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 12:19 PM
I got so tired of the birds flying around everywhere that I quit using them. This is a nice mod!

See my blog for my very latest lots, including some that are not available on MTS2: Twoflower's Sims 2 Lots. Also, see what's happening in Apple Grove, my Prosperity Challenge neighborhood.
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 7:15 PM
Oh! Haha ok thank you is a very useful mod. :D
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 7:28 PM
Oh my... thank you so much!! I'll definitely be using bird cages more now
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 10:02 PM
I love having bird cages in game, but I hated the fact that the silly sims would leave the door open. This will be most useful in my game! Thanks so much! :D
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 7:49 PM
You have made me the happiest person in the world.
Thank you.
Test Subject
#10 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 12:44 AM
Thank you so much! I had been looking for this exact mod a few months ago and was disappointed to find that it did not (yet) exist. Now I can go back to letting my simmies have pet birds!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 1:08 AM
This mod isn't working for me, any suggestions? I've already tried re-downloading but no luck
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Sep 2010 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emo_girl77
This mod isn't working for me, any suggestions? I've already tried re-downloading but no luck

First I would suggest making sure that you have the right file and are only using one of them not both of them. Also make sure you have unrared the file. And you also might want to check if mods are enabled in your game, By default they are disabled
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by worf_84
First I would suggest making sure that you have the right file and are only using one of them not both of them. Also make sure you have unrared the file. And you also might want to check if mods are enabled in your game, By default they are disabled

Yup I only have one file and it's the right one, i've unrared it and my game enables mods.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emo_girl77
Yup I only have one file and it's the right one, i've unrared it and my game enables mods.

Anther thing I might suggest is selling the current cage and buying a new one, Some mods won't take effect until the item they effect is replaced. And while I am thinking about it, What interaction were you trying to do with the bird, When the cage wouldn't close.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 7:30 PM
this is something great, thanks, i have been annoyed for my sims leaving the cage door open.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 7:10 AM
Can't say thank you enough! Unreal that they would buy an expensive bird, then let it fly around!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 5:59 PM
Thanks. I was tired of chasing silly birds around for hours.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 10:54 AM
Thank you, it's really silly from EAxis to have made interacting with birds autonomous, but let us worry about the damn cage afterwards each time.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 8:59 AM
merci :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 7:33 PM
Thank you for fixing this major annoyance!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 11:27 AM
Brilliant!! I was at my wits end with stupid sims constantly making a beeline for the parrot cage then refusing to close it, and the damn thing escaping. Now I won't have to take a sledgehammer to the cage :P