Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wall/Floor Hider

by HugeLunatic Posted 21st Sep 2010 at 1:39 AM - Updated 26th Jun 2012 at 3:20 PM by HugeLunatic

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 5:36 AM
hello do it with clothes and hair and even objects will greatly improve the speed of the game
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 6:19 AM
Thank you so much HL your mod will change my simmer and builder life !
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 6:29 AM
That's really cool and useful, I often wondered about the redundance, it's so unnerving. Thank you very much for your work!!
Theorist
#5 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 7:47 AM
Lunie, this is brilliant!! You're a genius ~~hugs~~ Thank you so much. This simplifies my life!!!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 11:40 AM
wow, this is great!! does it affect user presets?

you're all a bunch of nerds like me <3
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 11:44 AM
This is a very useful tweak. I never understood why they made so many recolours of the same templates either. Thank you so much!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#8 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 2:05 PM
Wonderful as always. Thanks for your tiresome efforts!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 2:55 PM
I think I love you....
Instructor
#10 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 3:11 PM
Brilliant! Thank you for allowing us sanity when decorating
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 3:48 PM
omigosh thank you!
Scholar
#12 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 3:55 PM
Now that's a really useful mod, thanks HL
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 5:37 PM
Thanks, I've been looking for something like this!
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 6:06 PM
A completely necessary download! Thanks :D

Mankind is poised midway between the gods and the beasts.
Instructor
#15 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 11:20 PM
*marries u 10x*
Inventor
#16 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 11:23 PM
Really useful!
Forum Resident
#17 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 12:28 AM
Thank you so much! I always hated the stuff they gave me: now I don't have to deal with all of their ugly recolors and can just fill it up with mine. You're great!

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 2:01 AM
THANKS BuNCHES
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 3:14 AM
Thank you so much!
Forum Resident
#20 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 3:46 AM
I never had a problem with your mods before but this one just doesn't work for me. I have Fast Lane, but I tried it out using anygame starter with just the 2 EP's and it doesn't work there either. I'm really disappointed. This is such a great mod. Do you have any idea what the problem could be? Would you consider doing a tutorial so I could maybe do it for myself? :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 4:40 AM
No I won't be doing a tutorial on this. I have all EPs/Sps and it works fine, and my beta tester had no issues either. Please expand on exactly what doesn't work. Does it hide any walls/floors? All this does is remove most of the walls/floors from your game. Please note that this mod is tested in the Documents/Mods/Packages folder. I can't say how it may work in Program Files. If you do not have the Sets wall section, then please update your game. Please see the Install tab if you need help moving your cc over to the Documents folder.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 6:17 AM Last edited by Winterhart : 22nd Sep 2010 at 6:29 AM. Reason: add information
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
No I won't be doing a tutorial on this. I have all EPs/Sps and it works fine, and my beta tester had no issues either. Please expand on exactly what doesn't work. Does it hide any walls/floors? All this does is remove most of the walls/floors from your game. Please note that this mod is tested in the Documents/Mods/Packages folder. I can't say how it may work in Program Files. If you do not have the Sets wall section, then please update your game. Please see the Install tab if you need help moving your cc over to the Documents folder.
I'm sorry I didn't give you more information to start with.

1. It doesn't hide anything.

2. I'm using Granthes Custom Launcher with Package Management [UPDATED 9/19/2010] it puts the packages in:
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Installed\Launcher

It then takes all the packages in the Launcher folder and puts them into 1 package file called ModBUID0.package and puts that package in:
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods

That may be the problem, but all my other mods work just fine.

3. I don't know what you mean by Sets wall section.

4. My game version is 5.0.44.008001 and just double checked and the Game Launcher says my game is up to date.

I'm going to ask Granthes if the problem could be with his program.

Thank you for your time :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 6:39 AM
This is wicked thanks.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 26th Sep 2010 at 5:17 PM
Thank you very much for this!

@ Winterheart - I had the same problem like you. Nothing was hidden. You have to download both files, not only the one for your latest EP. Maybe this helps you too?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 12:47 AM
Thanks a lot! I'm lovin' it!
Page 1 of 2