Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

All the Harry Potter careers you could ever need - 12 adult, 6 teen

by Julieryc Posted 22nd Oct 2010 at 1:20 PM

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 3:45 PM
The replacements for Wizarding,Ministry of Magic, and Diagonalley. Will sims already in these careers keep their current levels, etc if the old careers are replaced?

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 5:10 PM
Very nice careers you made. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 7:11 PM
Oh my god! It's like Christmas!!!! Thank you :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 7:38 PM
I play your other careers all the time ... Ministry of Magic and Diagon Alley. I've been grumbling at myself for not having more of a choice of careers because Maxis careers are so boring. I thank you for making these because your others are hard (at least for me, I always get the boobie chance card because I make the wrong choice ) so I'm really happy that you made these.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 9:16 PM
Are you actually sure that University is needed?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 10:11 PM
These are amazing! I have a whole Harry Potter village (called Hogsmeade, of course) with nearly 300 inhabitants and growing. And you have read my mind! Did you know that Ernie Macmillan's brother trains owls for the post office or that Seamus Finnigan's cousin Fergus is an entrepreneur? Well, you must have, because you wrote in those careers especially for them...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 11:10 PM
Cool! My cousin would LOVE this just as much as I do if she found this. We both like Harry Potter
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 11:11 PM
Mac, the careers have the same GUID, so I think that your sims will keep the same levels if you swap 'em out (with the exception that your Wizarding Naturalists will become Magizoologists, and that the Hogwarts Professors in the Wizarding track will become Alchemists - but if you've got Hogwarts profs, you'll want to switch them over to the Hogwarts career track anyway.)

Lientebollemeis, first off, thanks again for the icons; they're wonderful. As for your question, I think Uni is needed but am not sure what happens if you don't have it (because I used some of the Uni career rewards, like the cowplant.) I figured I had better include it as needed just in case.

(On that note: if anybody without Uni decides to download these and they work, let me know; I'll gladly change compatibility information if they do.)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 2:32 AM
Harry, Ron, and Hermione, oh my! (Not to forget Servius Snape and Fleur Delacour).

Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 9:11 AM
Again, you're welcome for the icon. I really enjoyed making them. And I'm glad they are in use :D

Well, I guess that the career will work, but you just don't have a reward.
It would be very interesting to know what happens if you don't have the EP needed for the reward. I currently have the same issue with an upcoming career and a careerreward of the EP Seasons.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 10:34 AM
Thank you so much for all these Harry Potter careers. Now my Sims 2 James and Lily Potter can have a career in the Order of the Phoenix
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 1:19 PM
They're amazing! But I don't have University Life: Is there any way you could make them base game compatible?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 10:34 PM
awesome! for the adult Hogwarts one, I think Patron would fit there XD not like it needs changing.. its still epic
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 5:45 AM
YES! Just in time for my Diagon Alley project! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by silverdoe3120
They're amazing! But I don't have University Life: Is there any way you could make them base game compatible?

The only reason why University is required is because some careerrewards came with that EP. In fact you can still play all the careers, but for some you won't have a reward.
So you don't need to wait for Base Game compatible. You can play these.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 8:30 AM
What a wonderful feature to add to my game thank you! Oh and did I mention you're a genius?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 7:44 PM
Wow! That's so much! Remember me translating your first careers? I'm finished with Diagon Ally, and almost finished with the Ministry of Magic. When I'm finished with that, I'd be happy to do the others as well! But it'll take a very long time before I'll have them finished, it's more work than I thought x]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 1:20 AM
Thank you !!!!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 8:23 AM
What about custom uniforms? Or do your sims get to wear their own clothes?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 4:52 PM
WOW ^^ this is so cool i love these careers, no one ever put this much effort into making careers with all the levels and descriptions (not that i know of), thank you so much! P.S. harry potter rulez :P
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 1:10 PM
It doesn't work right in my Dutch game, you're right. I get the description from the Athletic career, but it does have the new icons. Great idea, though. Too bad it doesn't work for me.

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." Luna Lovegood

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs." Albus Dumbledore
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hjkjr2
What about custom uniforms? Or do your sims get to wear their own clothes?

No custom uniforms, but I've tried to match Maxis uniforms with suitable professions, so Aurors have the police uniforms, Quidditch players go off in tracksuits or sweatsuits, Herbologists will have the gardener's uniforms, etc. For career tracks that don't have a suitable Maxis equivalent (or for careers like the WWN commentator), there isn't any special outfit, and they'll go to work in their regular everyday.

Also, hi flippofem! *waves*

I'm glad to see people are enjoying these.
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LifeJunkie
It doesn't work right in my Dutch game, you're right. I get the description from the Athletic career, but it does have the new icons. Great idea, though. Too bad it doesn't work for me.

Same here. I'm using the German version.
I really like your ideas, but it's a pity the careers don't work properly in my game. :/ Is it possible to correct them?
(I don't wanna trouble you, I'm just trying my luck. )
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tosken
Same here. I'm using the German version.
I really like your ideas, but it's a pity the careers don't work properly in my game. :/ Is it possible to correct them?
(I don't wanna trouble you, I'm just trying my luck. )

Tosken, if I knew how to correct them, I would, but I have no idea what's different in the international editions, so I have no idea what I'd need to change to make them work. I don't know if there's anybody in the forums who'd know what's different.
Page 1 of 2