Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Laptops from Public Adio 99Sim - Updated

by Morphead Posted 10th Oct 2010 at 6:15 PM - Updated 19th Oct 2011 at 4:04 PM by Morphead

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 6:26 PM Last edited by Ejak2021 : 11th Oct 2010 at 6:41 AM. Reason: adding infos
Ooh, what a pleasant surprise. Oh hey, I did something useful! Woot! I actually didn't think about the keyboard being holographic, but it kinda makes sense, doesn't it?

One teeny thing: The mouse doesn't disappear when the futuristic laptop is off. It doesn't detract much from the computer since the way sims carry laptops it floats a little bit anyway. It only needs fixed if you want it to be consistent with the others.

(Also, would it be possible to make the screen/keyboard glow (like headlights on the cars) or be translucent without inducing the same effect in other computers (which you don't want to have)?)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 6:48 PM
i really like these, and i hope you make more models in the future. with the introduction of game-recognized laptops in the sims 3, we really needed more of a variety.

thank you.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 7:24 PM
I love these! Something useful! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 8:15 PM
Great job. Id love to see your take on a toshiba :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 11:11 PM
Great computers and thanks for sharing. I wish I had one of these to replace the hunk of junk laptop that I have now. Problem not a good idea though, they would be hard to type on being so small and all.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 4:50 AM
Um, again the naming of the files isn't descriptive enough for me to tell which is which.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 6:10 AM
I love this new computer tons, a must have in my game ! Thanks for sharing
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 7:17 AM
ShortyBoo: Read the info picture, it states which is which.

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 3:02 AM
Thanks a bunch these are fun
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 4:32 PM
I guess i found a bug on the cheapest one (i don't know his label). If my sim opens it, the screen starts levitating above desk.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 2:50 PM
make an apple laptop
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 2:08 PM
Can you please make the MacBook Pros! And airs and if you can make them portable xD

Thanks!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 9:59 PM
Tepo99: I will look into this, Thank you for pointing that out.
Jimdalton88 & Bule: In the next set of laptops, I most likely plan to include a macbook. I don't like Apple, so it's not high on my priorities..

Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 7:17 PM
These are great - I get really tired of the in-game models lol. Thanks for sharing =)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 5:40 PM
Wow... just wow! How the hell did you manage to make a laptop? I've been trying to make one myself (13" MacBook Pro) 4 months ago and apparently because of a Geostate problem I ran into so many problems!
Test Subject
#17 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ejak2021
One teeny thing: The mouse doesn't disappear when the futuristic laptop is off. It doesn't detract much from the computer since the way sims carry laptops it floats a little bit anyway. It only needs fixed if you want it to be consistent with the others.

I will be grateful if you do something with that mouse. Please...
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by morphead
Jimdalton88 & Bule: In the next set of laptops, I most likely plan to include a macbook. I don't like Apple, so it's not high on my priorities..

I was going to ask if you could make an iMac because I don't like any other brand of computer except Apple but now I guess I won't. Oh well, to each his own. At any rate, you did a great job on these.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by g-max
Quote: Originally posted by Ejak2021

I will be grateful if you do something with that mouse. Please...

Yes, once time permits, I will fix this. Time is VERY HIGHLY LIMITED for me now, so I'll do my best.

Quote: Originally posted by jenniferw23

I was going to ask if you could make an iMac because I don't like any other brand of computer except Apple but now I guess I won't. Oh well, to each his own. At any rate, you did a great job on these.

Even though I personally disdain Apple, I will make them just due to the fact some people do for some reason like them.

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 9:32 PM
Even though I personally disdain Apple, I will make them just due to the fact some people do for some reason like them.

Well, I am fairly opposite - I like Apple, in fact, the only thing holding me back from uploading a physical replica of my laptop (13" MacBook Pro) is a massive issue with the shadows - I have now got the mesh, the textures, everything

Anyway, nice job on the laptops - although there are some problems, they are far outweighed by the effort that you placed on it!

We came
We saw
We killed the crowd
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M4RK13
Anyway, nice job on the laptops - although there are some problems, they are far outweighed by the effort that you placed on it!

That's good, keep it up. I finally made the changes to the futuristic laptop so the mouse doesn't show when not in use. I'm SO sorry it took me so long, but it's here now.

What are the other problems?

Forum Resident
#22 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 1:29 AM
I think you upload the wrong file
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
I think you upload the wrong file

How embarrasing Thanks for pointing that out! Fixed

Inventor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 11:49 PM
these are very cool, but then you've been one of my fav creators since I tested that Sims 2 Tudor for you a while back (I still use it BTW)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 9:05 PM
You said that these are replicas of laptops you own.. the way you worded it made me think you have a holographic/futuristic laptop! ^^ Downloading, also, thanks.
Page 1 of 2