Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fantasy Dwarf Family

by goddessdragonness Posted 3rd Nov 2010 at 10:08 AM - Updated 19th Jun 2012 at 7:41 PM by goddessdragonness

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 7:17 PM
These are great and I would love to play dwarves in my Hobbiton, but are all these sliders updated for LN? Thanks!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 2:26 AM
How did you get them to be short without shortness sliders?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 11:43 AM
They're so cute, especially Ghorek - congrats on your first upload!
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 11:56 AM
How did you get them short??
I'm dying to know..

They are amazing!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 6:49 PM
This is great! as a fellow DnD lover I am very happy to see a couple of dwarves on here and I love the characteristics you gave
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 11:10 PM
Well done!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 7:38 AM
Dwarf Fortress time!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 7:54 AM
Thanks - will I have to remove the other sliders in my game incase of conflict problems for this to work?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
These are great and I would love to play dwarves in my Hobbiton, but are all these sliders updated for LN? Thanks!!

As far as I know, they are compatible with Late Night. I got the sliders from jonha:

http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=378416
http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=374167
http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=399866
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Link01000
How did you get them to be short without shortness sliders?

There are height sliders--see my above reply.

What I did was adjust the torso and leg lengths. This way, they come off more realistic.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 5:05 AM
Thanks, everyone! I love dwarves, too. I'm glad to see I'm not alone!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 6:03 AM
Very nice... I have all the sliders but I do not see ones to adjust torso and leg lengths...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 12th Dec 2010 at 4:43 PM
I only see the ones I already have, and I've never been able to make them that much shorter, only a little, with the neck and forehead sliders.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alishiagambino
I only see the ones I already have, and I've never been able to make them that much shorter, only a little, with the neck and forehead sliders.

If you are having issues with the sliders, you will need to check with the creators of the sliders. There may be a bug that they are trying to fix. Also, read the slider's page carefully: most of the sliders are under the head and mouth global sliders in CAS.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by goddessdragonness
If you are having issues with the sliders, you will need to check with the creators of the sliders. There may be a bug that they are trying to fix. Also, read the slider's page carefully: most of the sliders are under the head and mouth global sliders in CAS.

Actually, I found Johna's Height Slider, buried in the forums. He hasn't released it as an actual slider (unsure why) but it is available for download here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5#startcomments

Now everyone can create Dwarves and Elves (if you go by AD&D rules :P) :gjob
Edit: Also halflings, though their feet are small and not hairy, lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 7:51 AM Last edited by goddessdragonness : 22nd Dec 2010 at 5:07 AM.
Now everyone can create Dwarves and Elves (if you go by AD&D rules :P)

I know! I want halflings' hairy feet so badly. I did make some kender, though. Maybe I should upload them?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 4:15 PM
Do it!!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 7:48 AM
Do it!!!!

All right. I'm bouncing between Sim creation and my "projet ultime": a new world.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 5:31 PM
So I just remembered these sims (I had to uninstall everything ages ago; didn't have Delphy's Dashboard, so I had a few corrupt files.)
Now that we have hairy feet, I am definitely going to make a family of halflings, or hobbits, depending on the universe I plan to play...
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 6:44 PM
I have got a question: In which of the links (and sliders) you can make larger or shorter bodies?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 11:09 PM
The link to the height sliders is a few posts up The link should probably be added to the original post since they do not show up correctly without them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XLStormyLX
The link to the height sliders is a few posts up The link should probably be added to the original post since they do not show up correctly without them.

They are in the text of the post already. I didn't use an actual height slider, but the legs and torso sliders. Reason was at the time I made the dwarves, the height slider made the arms and legs look bizarre. With Jonha's legs, torso, etc., sliders, I could make the body proportions look more realistic (and customizable). When I made the dwarves, I gave them shorter legs and torsos.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 7:32 PM
Actually, I found Johna's Height Slider, buried in the forums. He hasn't released it as an actual slider (unsure why) but it is available for download here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5#startcomments

Now everyone can create Dwarves and Elves (if you go by AD&D rules :P) :gjob

Sorry for the brainfart. As I had to reinstall my game after the 1.34 patch, I noticed I was missing some sliders. I added them to the thread. I believe Jonha never released them because they are still in alpha phase, but to be honest I have never had a problem with them.

As the result of a recent WoW addiction, I have made a night elf family, which I will release as soon as I can figure out whom I need to credit for CC. I have a kender I will soon upload, pending CC authors' permission.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 7:35 PM
Also, make sure you get one of the latest updates for slider hacks from either Awesomemod or Twallan, which is the one I use. The 1.34 patch broke a lot of things. The sliders themselves don't need to be updated.