Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Southern Charm II

by Lisen801 Posted 3rd Nov 2010 at 7:23 PM - Updated 27th May 2012 at 10:52 AM by Lisen801

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 7:36 PM
Great sets BTW, as a BIG fan of New Orleans, I've spent a lot of time there. On a lot of the buildings there are windows that open onto the balconies (no doors). The people actually climb out of the window to get to the balcony. We can't do that in the game so doors that look like windows are probably the way to go.

~M~

If you're too busy to laugh; you're too busy.
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 7:59 PM
curses! i vowed never to use CC, i dont think i can stop myself with this one :o!
would you mind telling me where you got those fences from ?
Wiki Wizard
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 8:03 PM
Ugh these are so awesome! :lovestruc
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 8:54 PM
hywminstrel...

So the windows are used as doors, it was what I suspected and I'm making so that they can use the open window by the door. It is possible to do, the problem is that they do not bend when they pass.

drowssap...

All CC you see in the pictures are my own creations and you will find the fence in my previous uploads.

Thank you for the comments
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 9:41 PM
I'm so glad you are sharing these with us. I was having a 'want' attack when I saw them with your beautiful curved fence. Thank you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 9:51 PM
I really love everything you create - and this set is no exception. Thank you for sharing your talent with us all!

Also, sorry to ask this, but do you know whether these work with LN, too?
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 9:58 PM
smmi73 ....

Yes, these will work with LN and all the other expansions...

Thank you
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 12:29 AM
Its incredibly beautiful.Just discovering this new treasure before bedtime.I'll dream from your fabulous shuttered windows.

Thanks so much for sharing this amazing work.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 2:50 AM
These are gorgeous! And yes, Southerners once had to pay a 'door tax'. So to avoid this tax they used floor to ceiling windows, instead of doors.

Thanks for recreating them!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 2:51 PM
You are so freakin' awesome! LOVELOVELOVE all your work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 3:50 PM
I had a set similar to this for Sims 2 and I have missed having the option to build an authentic looking sourthern building. I had just finished the outside of a New Orleans French Quarter building last night with your first set of railings. I copied the building from a photo and improvised on the shutters and windows, so I was so happy to see these lovely windows and doors that you posted here. Now I can't wait to get into my game and add this set. Now I can also build an old mansion in the swamp too! Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 5:14 PM
thanks for sharing this with us, this is really beautiful set
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 3:42 AM
I love these. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 6:30 PM
Beautiful work :lovestruc
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 6:56 PM
Thanks for the interesting information on these windows. It seems pretty silly with the 'door tax' but we have had similar charges from authorities here, for example, the 'mirror glass tax'.
It makes me very happy that you like my stuff and find it useful.
Thank you for commenting and thanks.
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 9:32 PM
I've used these on a couple of lots now and love em I especially like the way the whole set looks like one object, even though it can function as a door, window, or arch.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 7:59 AM
Thank you!!!! Exactly what we needed!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 10:15 PM
Thank you for such a great set! I really like how it looks on my new house. Though I was wondering - is there a chance that you will continue with the theme? What I mean is if you are planning to do more types of open southern windows? Just that the one in the set is open in the lower part and that looks kind of scarry when you have toddlers crawling around the room. =) Anyway, thanks again for all the work you've done!
Mother Function
retired moderator THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 5:13 AM
I just noticed that the white townhouse you have as a model is based of a RL French Quater house. I passed it today on the way to the market.
Instructor
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 4:04 PM
Thak you all for the nice comments. It makes me so happy that you like it and use it in your games. And yes, I like the southern style but have not been there som all I can do is what I can get from pictures and the Internet.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 6:11 AM
My new favorites! These are gorgeous, I love shutters ty!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 12:56 AM
This set is beautiful, thank you very much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 3:01 AM
Gorgeous!
Test Subject
#25 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 4:43 AM
is WA strongly necessary for these to work?
great creation btw
Page 1 of 2