Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 12:07 PM
I get that the paparazzi are there for a bit of a negative effect of being famous, but the OP was saying the paparazzi actually went into their house. If the paparazzi are allowed to do that then we should at least have the option to ask them to leave.
My sims are now somewhat accidental celebrities. The kids befriended kids of stars at school, brought that home to the family like a cold and it spread. With just making friends naturally through the town, not even stars your sim will gain more celebrity points and a lot of my family has gotten to 3 stars just by that alone. None of them have I actually wanted to be stars. But fine what ever they are now I get it they will be stalked and photographed in public, but when the paparazzi come onto my own porch I still think my sims should have the right to go out and tell them to leave. If any other sim were at my house and told them to leave they do, so actions for telling a sim designated as paparazzi should not be any different and break the game.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 3:05 PM
Maybe you should try HP's celeb mod. It makes becoming a celeb harder so that will help slow down this aspect of the game for you.

Though I don't see anything wrong with using Desecrate's gun mod to get rid of pesky sims.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Field Researcher
#28 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 3:09 PM
They don't bother me, actually. Celebs are supposed to be followed by paps, and my sim wanted to be a star, so... There are always three or four of them (in turn) taking pics, taking notes and waiting outside the porch. That's it.
I find it funny when a pap stands so long outside the house waiting for the opportunity to take a shot and my sim doesn't show. He/she gets frustrated and curses...
Test Subject
#29 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 5:55 PM
I guess since people want the sims to resemble RL then the paps never actually go away and are supposed to be annoying and following you non stop. But I can see everyone's points on it. I do think it's funny how some people on the sims 3 forums cry bc they want it more life like then cry some more bc now they don't want this or this blah blah. Personally I like this forum better. Legitimate complaints and no cry babies.
Test Subject
#30 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 8:51 PM
Default Hehe More Papz!
I agree with one of you, i forgot your name, but i really want more Paparazzi, you all say 3 or 4? I wish, The most i have is 1 at a time, and you have to stand for like 1+ hour to get them to you! xD and ima 5star, I got 2 earlier from drawing attention of 2, but I want like 6 paps on me crowding me as i enter bar, and i seriously wish there was a movie premiere like in Aquarius (the red carpet) like on the Trailer of Late night, with paps taking pics of you
Test Subject
#31 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smilies221
I agree with one of you, i forgot your name, but i really want more Paparazzi, you all say 3 or 4? I wish, The most i have is 1 at a time, and you have to stand for like 1+ hour to get them to you! xD and ima 5star, I got 2 earlier from drawing attention of 2, but I want like 6 paps on me crowding me as i enter bar, and i seriously wish there was a movie premiere like in Aquarius (the red carpet) like on the Trailer of Late night, with paps taking pics of you

Yeah that would be cool I think that the higher stars you are the more paps should be around.
Test Subject
#32 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 3:25 AM
I agree with those that want more paparazzi. My five stars only have one stalker per place. (One in Bridgeport, France, Egypt, and China.)
I'd like to see only one guy with a camera following five stars like Elton John or Johnny Depp on their way home in real life.
Test Subject
#33 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 9:56 AM
My couple, one four star and one five star, only have one or two paparazzi. Only one regularly comes to the house but she only stands outside. She doesn't come inside or even take pictures through the windows. She DID come inside once, but that was only after my sim greeted her and 'drew attention'. Strange how much it seems to vary between peoples games.
Instructor
#34 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 10:05 AM
I hate paparazzis but my sim loves them. He's a 4 star celeb and when he's visiting a club with 3-5 paparazzis in there, he jumps into the crowd and makes poses till everyone has made pictures.

He just can't get enough attention.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 12:38 PM
Talk about an attention whore.
One of my Celeb Sim's kids was refusing to leave the School RB till I deleted a paparazi waiting outside.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 12:51 PM
I have to admit my sim loves being in the spotlight. Public wohoos, public biting (she's a vamp) and flirting with strangers - yes, she's scandalous, and married to Matthew Hamming, the superstar. I think it is fun to see a paparazzi go crazy when they make out in public. (Muhahaha.) She got pregnant with another man's kid and everyone seemed to know it (a notice in the paper said her lover had become a father, and he was in the hospital when the kid was born), but Hamming still didn't feel betrayed, even though they were going steady at the time, and she still brings a couple of her vampire lovers home when Matthew is away.

I think the paparazzis make it all more realistic. It is SUPPOSED to be annoying. My four-star sim and Matthew (5 stars) have a big fence around their entire property, and they have not been bothered with any paparazzis on their lot. The fans aren't as annoying as they should be, though, some ask to take photos or for an autograph, but they're not stalking.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." - Jack Nicholson
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
Private property does not extend to public areas (streets), also I once had the argument about garbage (of all things) as if it was considered public or not so you can only call on what is the right of privacy and if you make NO attempt at privacy then you can expect none, being stark naked in your open to the view of anyone in the street lawn is Indecent Exposure even if you are in your private property because its public exposure.

To the bold part, you ought to read some local laws concerning Indecent Exposure. There are limitations and definitions that are VERY different from state to state. In mine, you have to be more than just naked in your privately owned home to qualify for IE; you have to be doing something obviously sexual (such as masturbating or some such act). If you want me to copy pasta my local laws from the municipal code, I will to prove my point.

Also, I've yet to have a Paparazzi (I can't call them paps without thinking of an OB/GYN...) come into my house. How quick I would be to delete them in some fashion. For those of you with these intruder Paparazzi, can you take some screen shots with the mouse cursor displaying their names? Maybe it's certain sims who barge in and act all creepy stalker-like.
Test Subject
#38 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 12:12 AM
I want my sim to be part of the paparazzi. Can I do that?
Eminence Grise
#39 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sasiddiqui
I want my sim to be part of the paparazzi. Can I do that?

Not OFFICIALLY, but if you have WA you can pick up a camera at the consignment store... or just use your cell phone camera, and take pics of celebs
Inventor
#40 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 5:44 AM
I know the game is trying to emulate RL by making paps annoying and omnipresent, but really... is there any way to disembowel one of them??

Actually it's not that realistic. One of my sims was playing chess in the park and the pap was taking pics literally two feet away, not even with a long distance lens. She's now got into the habit of shooting off to a different lot as soon as one arrives.. it's a constant game of cat and mouse.

I can't wait for a mod to get rid of those leeches.
Instructor
#41 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 11:11 AM
I started an apocalyptic world without any sims, excepted my little inventor.
Everywhere he goes, there are three Paparazzi following him.

It's a bit disturbing. No other sims around, just this 3 idiots.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
I can't wait for a mod to get rid of those leeches.

There is one here: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4828.0

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Inventor
#43 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
There is one here: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4828.0

Cheers, thanks for that Shimrod.
Test Subject
#44 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 5:12 PM
Does anyone know if you can ask one to move in and then let the game generate another one? I've got a clone of one of my Sims as a Paparazzi, and I want to ask her to move in (having cleared out the library so that none of my families are there anymore). I'm having a nightmare trying to romance her too, as after every 3 or 4 interactions she runs off to another venue.
Test Subject
#45 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 10:01 PM
Once I got so fed up with people entering my property without permission (they were neighbours complaining the noise from the Miner) that I just decided to fence them all in in my yard and watch them die of starvation It took really long though.
Alchemist
#46 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 10:11 PM

I bet the real life paparazzi wish they could get this close to a celebrity wedding night.
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 5:06 AM
Actually I find his intrusion rather disturbing. Perhaps it is time you put up those fences with the special gate: uninvited passers by stay OUT!
Alchemist
#48 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
Actually I find his intrusion rather disturbing. Perhaps it is time you put up those fences with the special gate: uninvited passers by stay OUT!

That house does have the special gate. The paparazzi got in during the wedding party I had that afternoon, and they don't leave when you tell all the guests to leave.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charsiupao
Does anyone know if you can ask one to move in and then let the game generate another one?

If one of the paparrazi disappears because you move them into your family, or they die, or you kill them, whatever, the game will assign that role to another sim, so you get a new one. This will generally be another sim already living in your hood though, the game will give them this job; as opposed to generating or immigrating a brand new sim for that role.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Mad Poster
#50 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 4:44 AM
Maybe once we get a Pets expansion, you can train your rottweiler to chase them off the property. Now that would be fun. XD
Page 2 of 5