Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SimDroid V6.5(Metalic)

by Bink13y Posted 3rd Feb 2005 at 12:10 PM

80 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 76 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 4:04 PM
I just love these simdroids! This looks very nice indeed, although I have to ask (since I love to make families with both colours) if there's any chance of a black version of this shiny one eventually?

*grins* I think I'll give up on actually trying to make a Borg drone skin... these could do quite nicely as Borg in my new Cube instead.
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 4:24 PM Last edited by jusi : 3rd Feb 2005 at 4:39 PM.
This skin is awesome! Good job Bink13y!! ;-D

I just made some "nude" clothes to the ones I could, but it would be great if anyone could extract the nude body meshes of those sims who don't have close fitting clothes (male and female baby, male and female toddler, male kid and old man).

I found something like this in this forum, made with the boy (it was a nude skin with tattos). Simply modifying the alpha, i could make him go nude. I suppose that someone extracted the nude mesh of the game to make this possible.

Female kid, girl, woman and old woman have close fitting clothes, so it's very easy to modify the alpha's with Body Shop.

Sooo... anyone who could extract the nude meshes for all this sims?:

- male and female baby
- male and female toddler
- male kid
- old man

We could upload them here and then we all could enjoy the simdroid mania at 120%!!

PD: and what about bald kids? There no bald heads for kids! TT_TT

PD2: I would also enjoy to have the black version of this simdroid, I saw that maxis webpage doesn't have it online :-(

-> Thank you so much! See you soon! (Btw, I'm new here, hello to everyone :-D )
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 4:43 PM
This is absolutely incredible! I admire your talent. I thank both you and RGiles for this fantastic work.
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 7:37 PM
Lokks fantastic, thank you both!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 7:42 PM
Awesome!!

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/sims2_celebrities/
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2005 at 8:16 PM
awseome job i would never be able to make anything like that great work!
#8 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 2:09 AM
Thanks mofo's! I will creat 2x guy driods, name them after you both then make them houseslaves =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 3:57 AM
Seeing them in a dark metalic would be cool too, but these are freakin' awesome. Also, great discription.
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 4:37 AM
I've made invisible clothes for all of them except the babies. (I haven't had time to figure out how to change their clothes from the defaults. I'm not even sure it is possible. If you know how, let me know :-) ). I gave up trying to get it uploaded to the site here, but you are welcome to grab the zip file from my FTP server.

ftp://ftp.adventurers-anonymous.org...thingForAll.zip

Do whatever you want with these, including uploading them here if anyone wants to.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 7:36 AM
Thanks! These are great!

"What does it matter to the dead, the orphans,
and the homeless whether the mad destruction
is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or
the holy name of liberty or democracy?"
--Mohandas K. Gandhi
Instructor
#12 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 9:31 AM
*BLING BLING*!!! Nice Job !! I have to ask...how did you make this skin??!! ITS AWESOME!!!
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 3:04 PM
Thanks guinyr!! now the simdroids will look like they should! :D
Public Enema #2
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Loverat
Thanks mofo's! I will creat 2x guy driods, name them after you both then make them houseslaves =)

HA! we expected just exactly such a dasderdly move from you Loverat. So we preprogramed them to become gay lovers and evict you from your own home!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!! *cough*
Pardon still have the flue
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 5:30 PM
For some reason I can't choose the nude skin for males.
Public Enema #2
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 5:43 PM
I just tested out guinyr's inviso-clothes for all ages and genders on the new bright gold C-3PO skin and there all available. Actual newborn babies have diapers built right onto there bodyskins i think from the looks of the UV meshes.

marioguy, could you explne your problem in more detail?

Also a big note. an interesting side effect to any metalic effect skins is that they will convert any clothing item worn into an equil level of reflective metalic. for fun try dressing your robots in anything and everything to see what happens, it's a total HOOT! :D
Public Enema #2
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darkwolf
*BLING BLING*!!! Nice Job !! I have to ask...how did you make this skin??!! ITS AWESOME!!!

try tracking down this weeks worth of RGiles posts. he wrote a quicky short tutorial just on converting skintone files in SimPE.
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 6:52 PM
The newborn baby diapers aren't built into their body meshes. There is a naked mesh available for them. (Note that the diaper comes off when they are changed and when you bathe them in a sink.) I just don't know how to get the game to use the naked mesh instead of the diaper mesh. There isn't a way in the game to change their clothes, and I haven't had time to dig into things with SimPE yet to see if it might be possible to do it with a package that replaces the default mesh. But this wouldn't allow you to get a nude skin in some families and not in others, which is what I'd like to see. I don't want my normal looking sim babies going around without diapers, but I would like it for droid sims. Skins like this one are the reason that I created the invisible clothing for kids, elders and toddlers. I just haven't figured out a good way of doing it for the babies.

I'd like to add that these droid skins are great. I've downloaded them and I plan to create a droid family. Thanks, Bink13y.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 7:49 PM
Did you notice that not only clothes turn shiny on these, but hair as well? Or at least the guy I was testing different styles and such on wound up with a very... different looking afro in my game. *grins* I have to play around with that some more.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 12:11 AM
Fantastic, my congratulations.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 1:42 AM
Oooooooo, Prototype 0001! I used this skin (that is, the one on the Exchange) in one of my Sim stories. :P

Great, great, great work!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 2:30 AM
I love the new droid, I have been using V6.0 that I got from the exchange. I can't wait to try this one. thanks.
Public Enema #2
Original Poster
#23 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 6:18 AM
did notice interesting effects with hair. The metalasizing effect leaks into directly connected hair layers but kind of misses some of the outer shell layers. i would want o eventualy specificaly try doing metalisized hairstyls just to controle the effect. it's shouldent leak back to a skin.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 5:39 PM
Amazing work! Thank you for making it.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 2:35 PM
Very Original work..................I will test it......Thanks
Page 1 of 4