Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Terraced House

by xNikki Posted 18th Nov 2010 at 3:00 PM - Updated 5th Feb 2011 at 6:53 PM by nikkicornelisse

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 3:22 PM
I love it!! Thankss
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 5:02 PM
Nice idea, it reminds me of a shot-gun style home. Thank you for sharing, I love it!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 11:58 AM
So do these terraces essentially work like the apartments work? Or does the sim family own the entire lot? Either way, very nice stuff.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 6:06 PM
I tried to have other families move in, but it didn't work.
There was supposed to be a fence around it to make it work. Not realistic, and not possible.
But I've tried, and my other apartment does got it, so it's not like it doesn't work at all.

"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears." ~ Mumford & Sons
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 3:01 AM
It is a very nice apartment and I was really forward to use it, I moved my family there, played a little save the game and quit. When I went back to play again, there was no user interface and the game was stuck, couldn't change family nor do anything with any member. it corrupted my savegame
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 12:13 PM
Whoa, that never happened to me! And I don't know why it corrupted your save..
I hope you're game is fixed soon..

"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears." ~ Mumford & Sons
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 8:50 AM
Great, Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 1:51 PM
So,, this does work like apartments?? Because when I placed it and moved a family in they owned the entire lot. I realli like it though,, just what I was looking for.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 3:56 PM
Well, you could try this:

Use testingCheatsEnabled true and then RestrictBuildBuyInBuildings off
Then you need to make a wall around the door on the inside of the other houses. (Make it big enough so another door could fit in the inside.) Place a door in the wall you've just made. You should have something like this now:
__Door__
|............|
|............|
---Door--- <-- This is the outside wall.

Use buyDebug. When you go to Buy Mode and click on the other tab which shows furniture by Function you see a question mark. Click it and then miscellaneous. You need to find a Public Marker (that's a silver ball) and place in inside the square You've made.

Use restrictBuildBuyInBuildings on (Be in Buy Mode)
Hold Shift and click on the inside door. Press the option 'Make NPC door.'
This way other Sims can move in.

It sound's like a LONG and complicated story, but it's very easy as soon as you discover how it works.

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 1:13 PM
Ok Im going to try it right now
THANKS POST
#12 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 6:15 PM
It is awesome that you took time to do this! I don't think that I would have the patience, so I appreciate it when people are willing to do this and then share it with others. Thank you!