Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pet Sitter career

by 4amMist Posted 25th Nov 2010 at 8:44 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2011 at 4:04 AM by 4amMist : New system.

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 7:57 AM
WOW such a wonderful idea i love the idea <3
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 4:12 PM
There are some very cute titles here! I wonder if you'd be willing to do it with a couple of tweeks? One would be to put the horse sitter career much higher up on the ladder since taking care of horse requires more expertise than taking care of the average pet. Maybe even switch out horse care with something like exotic pet sitter or the like. Another tweek would be the salary bases. I would love to use this "career" but would see it as something more as a part-time position or something someone without much ambition would fall into and would therefore not provide a great deal of money. Maybe at the height of it, the person could open a shelter? Just some thoughts.
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 4:56 PM
I love this carer!! i have one small, probably stupid question, in the picture you posted do you see your sims's first 'want' it has the job icon with a little house? what does that mean? i have most of the expansion packs, but have never seen that before!
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 1:10 AM
This career looks really cool!
One question, though... I don't see a 'Chance B Bad' result... does this mean there isn't one, or has it merely not been listed?
If it doesn't exist, then I'll be sure to choose option 'B' on level 6! lol
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
There are some very cute titles here! I wonder if you'd be willing to do it with a couple of tweeks? One would be to put the horse sitter career much higher up on the ladder since taking care of horse requires more expertise than taking care of the average pet. Maybe even switch out horse care with something like exotic pet sitter or the like. Another tweek would be the salary bases. I would love to use this "career" but would see it as something more as a part-time position or something someone without much ambition would fall into and would therefore not provide a great deal of money. Maybe at the height of it, the person could open a shelter? Just some thoughts.

Those are some good thoughts. I may consider those. ^^

Quote: Originally posted by Dossie
I love this carer!! i have one small, probably stupid question, in the picture you posted do you see your sims's first 'want' it has the job icon with a little house? what does that mean? i have most of the expansion packs, but have never seen that before!

It is 'stay home from work'. Sometimes sims with the pleasure aspiration get it.

Quote: Originally posted by raptureSIMmer94
One question, though... I don't see a 'Chance B Bad' result... does this mean there isn't one, or has it merely not been listed?
If it doesn't exist, then I'll be sure to choose option 'B' on level 6! lol

Oops! It has one, it just isn't listed. Thanks for pointing it out. xD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 5:24 PM
thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 8:02 PM
Yay Finally something for the Kat family because i usually make her a pet breeder but since even with cheats you still have limited control over pets i never play her much or pets in general so this will actually make her interesting.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 7:00 AM
Is there an option that when you call 'Service', you can hire a Pet-sitter, too?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 2:32 AM
Thank you I like this Download
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenPoetri87
Is there an option that when you call 'Service', you can hire a Pet-sitter, too?

No, this is just a career for your sims. No special NPC, sorry.

"I have asked the rocks, but the rocks do not recall. Even the rocks do not recall." -Samos the sage
Theorist
#12 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 6:40 AM Last edited by Babahara : 19th Jul 2013 at 7:25 AM.
When I install this career the default science career disappears. But strangely I get science career under the name of Pet Sitter.

Ok, maybe I'm wrong and it's not its fault. It seems that its language is set to English, while my game is set to English UK. I opened the career in SimPe, then via Bidou Editor I saw that in English UK version it's a science career, indeed, but in just English the levels are those of Pet Sitter.

Edit: Alright, it was definitely the language problem only. Some other career overwrites science. I ticked "english only" in Bidou editor to remove another English language version for this one and now I can correctly see career levels and everything in the game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
When I install this career the default science career disappears. But strangely I get science career under the name of Pet Sitter.

Ok, maybe I'm wrong and it's not its fault. It seems that its language is set to English, while my game is set to English UK. I opened the career in SimPe, then via Bidou Editor I saw that in English UK version it's a science career, indeed, but in just English the levels are those of Pet Sitter.

Edit: Alright, it was definitely the language problem only. Some other career overwrites science. I ticked "english only" in Bidou editor to remove another English language version for this one and now I can correctly see career levels and everything in the game.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I probably forgot to set it's language, as it was my first career.
I'll fix it right away~

"I have asked the rocks, but the rocks do not recall. Even the rocks do not recall." -Samos the sage
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:58 AM
Thank you 4amMist. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 1:26 AM
Thanks You
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Jun 2023 at 1:47 AM
THANK YOU for this! This is what I do for money and I'm tired of giving my simself careers that would overwhelm me irl