Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A Cavalcade of Columns

by iCad Posted 29th Nov 2010 at 2:34 AM - Updated 14th Feb 2012 at 10:43 PM by iCad

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 3:41 AM
I'm "SO" looking forward to leaving medieval building behind soon, especially with all the complete sets you are creating!

These are great! I've been collecting your creations with anticipation for what is next! Thank you for taking the time to make Maxis/Ea collections more design friendly! As I said before..."Keep them coming!"
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 4:33 PM
I am also really enjoying these and look forward to seeing what you do next. I have a couple houses that are waiting for these columns. (I hope the AL wooden spiral stairs figure in your plans at some point: they would look much better in your wood colors.)
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 5:59 PM
@StephSim: But...you do medieval SO well! But then, it's nice to do something new after a while, too. I look forward to seeing whatever you create. Your houses are lovely; makes me want to go ahead a get the EPs I'm missing so I can download 'em...

@Sunbee: Alas, I have no AL, so I can't recolor the spiral stairs. I wonder if they're available from the EA store, though... Hmmmm.... I'll check. If they are, I'll get them and add them to my "to do" list. Currently, I'm drowning in doors/windows. It's a big project. *laughs*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 9:10 PM
Beautiful work! I love all the matching things you do! Thank you, so very much, for sharing your talents!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 10:54 PM
Perfect, love the colors. Thanks.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 5:03 AM
Yay! I love your 20 colors, I'm going to have a lot fewer headaches while building from now on thank you :D
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 7:10 PM
These are amazing! My favorite is the "Country Kitsch" column(I keep on making houses that use thin columns).
Keep up the good work!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th Dec 2010 at 1:01 AM Last edited by Sunbee : 6th Dec 2010 at 1:04 AM. Reason: forgetfullness
From the neighborhood view the Country Kitsch is flashing blue. From other lots it is solid blue. Once inside the lot it's fine. I haven't tried all the other styles, but the cheapest column isn't doing that. (I used both on the same lot, in the same color.) I have a picture but I'm not sure how much good it would do you, it's just the classic flashing blue deal. If you want it I'll figure out a way to upload it for you.
Edit: I think it's the weathered amber color, that's what I was trying to use, but it might be one of the others. The columns don't say which color they are.
Undead Molten Llama
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
From the neighborhood view the Country Kitsch is flashing blue. From other lots it is solid blue. Once inside the lot it's fine. I haven't tried all the other styles, but the cheapest column isn't doing that. (I used both on the same lot, in the same color.) I have a picture but I'm not sure how much good it would do you, it's just the classic flashing blue deal. If you want it I'll figure out a way to upload it for you.
Edit: I think it's the weathered amber color, that's what I was trying to use, but it might be one of the others. The columns don't say which color they are.

Really? That's strange... They don't do that in my game, and I can't imagine what would cause it, since you're obviously not missing a mesh. And it's weird that they'd flash in neighborhood view but not when on the lot. I'm going to try using them in my spanking-new base-game only game and see what happens... I'm sorry about that!

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 10:36 PM
Weird, and I wonder if an expansion pack you don't have might have modified the column in some way? That's the only thing I can think of: I have all the expansions with BG and NL in the DD configuration (so therefore the Celebrations stuff) and also M&G, all on disk, no store versions. I have AGS, is there some experimenting I could do that would help? Feel free to pm me or reply here--I have some free time coming up this weekend.
Undead Molten Llama
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Weird, and I wonder if an expansion pack you don't have might have modified the column in some way? That's the only thing I can think of: I have all the expansions with BG and NL in the DD configuration (so therefore the Celebrations stuff) and also M&G, all on disk, no store versions. I have AGS, is there some experimenting I could do that would help? Feel free to pm me or reply here--I have some free time coming up this weekend.

That seems possible to me. I am missing BV, AL, and M&G, which as I understand it made some changes to some stuff enough that it's more like an EP than an SP. If you could test out some combinations with your AGS involving EPs that I don't have, I'd be ever so grateful. Maybe that'll help to track down the issue. I haven't heard of anyone else having an issue, either here in feedback or in PMs, but that could just be because no one's actually used them yet. Thanks so much for your help! :D

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 12:29 AM
I have all expansions and stuff packs and in my game the recolors flash blue in neighborhood view. I was wondering if it was just me.

(Not sure if it makes a difference, but I was trying to use the Madeira recolor. Once inside the lot it looks fine.)
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 4:45 AM
Hello, I love all the matching-colored parts you have done for the game!

I was wondering if you had re-uploaded the "non blue flashing from neighborhood view for some people" versions somewhere? Or does someone know how I might fix them other wise?

I re downloaded the files here and it did not fix. All 4 of the column types flash blue in neighborhood when using the recolors.
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 5:47 PM Last edited by ethanmcgregor : 12th Feb 2012 at 6:09 PM. Reason: I have seen how do it!! ;)
Default Fix for Country Kitsch columns.
Hi iCad!! I think I have fixed the flashing blue problem for Country Kitsch Columns. How can I send you to update your downloads? A big hug and thanks again for your recolours!!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  BG CountryKitsch.rar (477.7 KB, 13 downloads)
Description: iCad Country Kitsch RECs Fixed
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 12:31 PM
@iCad I've been hoarding your storybook recolours, because that collection, with your recolours, just became my all time favourite, and I couldn't thank you enought for making those dreadfull pastels disappear but I'm the kind of decorator that likes to keep everything in neutral tones, so I can go crazy with the patterns ans I miss the engraving on the bottom of the columns, empty isn't fun could you make a version that keeps the engraving, please? If you want to, of course and thanks in advance for hearing me complain XD
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 6:01 AM
Very useful if you also have the fences, windows and floors in similar colors ... thank you!