Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[24/10] Newspaper & Mail Mods (Compatible with Patch 1.63-1.67)

by anak_ponti Posted 27th Dec 2010 at 6:51 PM - Updated 13th Apr 2014 at 8:27 AM by anak_ponti

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 45 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 9:54 PM
Thanks! And thanks for giving us the exact XML's you edited it so we know right off if its compatible with our game!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 4:44 AM
Thanks very useful mod
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti

Mail delivery:
1. 50% chance of getting junk mail in the mailbox
2. Normal bills or 2x higher bills or 4x higher bills (I think the default is too cheap)
3. The paperboy will come at between 11AM and 12PM.

Great Mod, Thank you!

Under Mail delivery, is #3 supposed to be mailman instead of paperboy. If not, then I am confused.
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 8:23 AM
How can you find bills too expensive? It's like anywhere from 80$-500$ (or more, perhaps) every few days. In real life, bills aren't that much a month! xD
But I still think the mod is pretty cool. I just wanted to add that in there. Haha.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 2:37 AM
@Fizzy9: Thanks for the correction.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 6:16 AM
cool.. thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 4:12 PM
Quote:
50% chance of getting junk mail in the mailbox
Uh? Never got any in more than a year of Sims3, I'm intrigued! Is it something like cut-off coupons for shops? Eager to have some, thank you for these customizable mods.
#9 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 5:41 AM
Thanks for the mods!

Isn't there a way to randomize the bills amount? one week regular, the next 2x then maybe once in a while 4x?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 1:12 AM
@MiniMimi: It's just a junk mail (can only be thrown away into trashcan). I try to convert it into discount coupon, but always fail. I really need help about this.

@awkwardmoment@gmail.com: Not possible with tuning mod, I think. I really like your idea, though.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 1:53 AM
This mod still works with latest patches, although I don't have OLS yet.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 3:05 AM
This mod still compatible with Patch 1.22 / GEN.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 2:55 AM
Just curious if your mailbox doesn't work and you have this what happens. I have several homes my mailbox is useless. (For whatever reason I can't get my bills or put or receive anything else in it either.)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 3:28 AM
What do you mean the mailbox doesn't work? I have this all the time and it works fine.

For testing the bill, you can wait to Monday or Thursday in sim time to see if the mailman delivers the bill

For not receive anything else, you can try writing novel and wait until the mailman delivers the book.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 3:54 AM
This mod still work with patch 1.24 / TLS.
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lady_coelura
Just curious if your mailbox doesn't work and you have this what happens. I have several homes my mailbox is useless. (For whatever reason I can't get my bills or put or receive anything else in it either.)

Did a meteor strike your lot near the mailbox? I had that happen once and it broke it. I had to use a MOD mailbox from here to regain mailbox use.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 3:42 AM
Thanks for this!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 7:37 AM
What a great idea! I hate having to look all around my lots for newspapers. It'll will be great to know it's going to be found near the mailbox every day. Thanks also for the more realistic bill payments. I chose the one that 2X the original amount. Now, if we can just have a Mod that does something about that !@#$%^&* Repo person! Lord do I HATE that character! I'm always forgetting to pay bills, so I'm forever replacing things that the Repo jerk takes. What a pain in the patooty! I even had a Repo man take my family's toilet once! What would be REALLY useful is a Mod that allows our Sims to waylay the Repo Jerk, trick him/her into going to the wrong location. I'd love to see a Repo person get arrested for taking something from the WRONG SIM'S HOUSE! It would also be cool if our Sims could pay the bill AFTER getting the notion about the Repo man, and thus stop him/her from coming.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 12:28 PM
Another great Mod from you. You know, what would picking up your mail be like if you didn't have to juggle an armful of store ads and junk mail? And let's not forget those
little packages containing useless samples! I'm 60 years old, I can't count the number of times I've gotten free samples of infant diapers and baby food! My husband gets samples of Tampons and coupons for beer and cigarettes. He doesn't smoke or drink! I think our Sims' mailboxes should also over flowing with store ads, samples and credit card applications! Having them sort the mail, and stop to read some of it, would be some new animations for them. What do you think?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 1:26 AM
Thanks for the comment. About the new animation, I couldn't do this myself because it would need advanced modding knowledge to make new animation. Sorry. I like your idea, though.
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 8:50 PM
I don't remember my sim ever getting junk mail... What constitutes as junk mail in the game?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 2:23 AM
Do you have this mail mod in your game? If you do, there's should be 50% chance each time the mailman deliver a bill to your sim house, he also deliver the junk mail to your mailbox. That's it.

I don't know either, I only add this for fun. The junk mail only have one interaction, "Throw Away". Maybe EA planed to add the junk mail for realism and then scrapped it and forgot about it.
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 7:04 PM
OHHH now I get it. This is one of those "hidden" things that they either forgot to enable or just forgot.

Do we get a message saying what's in the junk mail? (No, don't have this mod yet, but I plan on adding it as it appears to be the only mailbox mod here that's still supported).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 7:29 PM
No, we can't see whats in the junk mail. It can be only thrown away. You can see the object in your sim inventory when you get mail from the mailbox.
Test Subject
#25 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 8:02 PM
That's not fun >_<

Is there a version in which I can opt out of the junk mail bit? I kind of only want the 4x bill and the newspaper >.<;;
Page 1 of 3