Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 1:19 AM
Uh-oh, what went wrong with the picnic baskets? I noticed someone mention picnic baskets being borked on another forum, are they okay if you replace them?
Advertisement
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#52 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 8:35 AM
I seem to have issues with the Riverview objects after installing Gen. When I place Riverview objects in CAW, save, then reload the save, the RV objects are all gone. :O I placed them back again, but they disappeared again after reloading the game.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 8:05 PM
Arisuka, thanks for the report. I can't check this out yet, as I don't have Generations installed, but once I do I'll take a look. The only things I can suggest at the moment are to redownload and reinstall Riverview, and also to clear your DCBackup. Out of curiosity, if you export the world, can you get the objects to show up in game?
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#54 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 7:37 PM
No, they won't appear in game when I export the world. :/

Update:
Okay, it happens also with custom objects... I have all of Moria's stuff installed, and they too disappear exactly like the Riverview objects. :/ This sucks, I wonder if EA has deliberately gone like OOOPS to disable custom stuff for CAW. *BUT* from the ferry set by Moria, some of the objects DO appear. The three dock objects, to be specific.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 8:19 PM
Hmm, this is most interesting! If anyone else is reading this and has the latest game updates and CAW, I wonder if they could test with some custom objects too? It would be a shame if we can't include custom items in CAW any more.

Out of interest, do custom objects on lots still appear in game if included in a world?
Retired
retired moderator
#56 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 9:39 PM
My initial reaction is: I don't think this is affecting me. I have a just saved/exported worlds with custom objects in CAW. I'm testing now, though, because I only use them sparingly and may not have noticed.

Edit: Okay, they do save, and remain when I close and reload a world - Riverview objects, Moria's objects, etc.

Edit: They also appear when I export a world. I just checked my most recent export.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 10:17 PM
Thank you, kiwi_tea! And you have the latest game updates and Generations?
Retired
retired moderator
#58 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 11:35 PM
I have all the patches and EPs to date.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 11:52 PM
Thanks again, kiwi_tea!

In that case then, Arisuka- perhaps you could try creating a fresh packages folder for your CAW CC, and refresh your userdata for CAW and the game?
Test Subject
#60 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 1:28 AM Last edited by simsample : 18th Aug 2011 at 9:01 AM. Reason: Merged Posts
is there a way to use this to get my created buildings into CAW,

i cant seem to get thi sto work, when i did the MKLINK /D "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool\Packages" "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages" thing i got the message The symbolic link created , but CAW doesnt seem to be picking anything up for me
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 9:05 AM
kmce, are you asking if there is a way to place the neighbourhood objects on a lot? If so then yes, some are already available in the game catalog but the ones that are not would just need a simple OBJD edit to make them so.

For your junction point question, having your CC in the Game Install location is outdated now, you could put it into your Documents folder now. We have a tutorial about that in Help> Sims 3. Where do you have the files located exactly?
Test Subject
#62 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 1:57 PM Last edited by kmce : 18th Aug 2011 at 3:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
kmce, are you asking if there is a way to place the neighbourhood objects on a lot? If so then yes, some are already available in the game catalog but the ones that are not would just need a simple OBJD edit to make them so.

For your junction point question, having your CC in the Game Install location is outdated now, you could put it into your Documents folder now. We have a tutorial about that in Help> Sims 3. Where do you have the files located exactly?

it was more houses i had built that i wanted in CAW because my EIG is not working now
this is were my cc for the sims is

C:\Users\---\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\mods\Packages.

EDIT- after it didnt work i changed the second part of the command prompt to C:\Users\----\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\mods\Packages

Should that make it work then. cause it aint
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 8:14 PM
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#64 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 2:54 AM Last edited by Arisuka : 22nd Aug 2011 at 3:21 AM.
So strange, I have now tried refreshing the userdata, and when I put one of Moria's objects into a new, flatmap world, they disappeared in EIG just as before... I also deleted all CAW caches and the other caches.

They do appear in CAW, just not in EIG. I said before that the one ferry object by Moria did appear, but even that doesn't appear any longer.

--------------------------------------- Update:

I just had to put the objects also into the package folder for the normal, non-CAW mods. Man, that was just it! *quickly glances to each side slightly embarrassed... then shrugs, and runs off to fill a world with purdy clutter*
Retired
retired moderator
#65 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 12:20 PM
Awesome! Don't be embarrassed. I was distressed that this was getting in your way so much, and I'm glad it's now resolved. Happy building!

Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#66 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 9:22 PM
Aw, that's so kind Kiwi! Happy building and simming to you too!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 9:53 PM
*Phew* Well done for fixing it, Arisuka- I'm glad I didn't break it for you!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#68 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 5:14 PM
The problem with that tutorial is, that it's written in technical language. It's made for those who fiddle around with that type of stuff anyway... so those of us who don't, have no clue what on earth could 'Set Version in CommonBlock to 0x0000000E.' mean... Like, do we open S3PE, then find the OBJD... then... ? It's all very shady if you are not familiar with this type of stuff.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 1:00 AM Last edited by simsample : 29th Aug 2011 at 1:33 AM.
I've linked this tutorial in my first post, Arisuka, to help people who are not familiar with this. I posted it in Tutorials too:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453818

I always find the OBJD of the object in the game data files (for example, Electronic Arts \The Sims 3 \GameData \Shared \Packages \DeltaBuild0.package), extract it then import it to a new file in S3Pe. Whiterider has a slightly different method for finding an OBJD:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=445779
Once you have your OBJD imported to a new file, click on the OBJD and click 'grid' at the bottom of the page:

Click the + next to Common Block, change it to 0x0000000E and click Commit (at the bottom of the window).

Now, click Grid again to open up the window, and you will see a new option in CommonBlock- IsVisibleInWorldBuilder. Change the option to True.

Change the BuildCategory Flags to 0x00008000.

Click Commit, then save your file. Now, you can put that file in your CAW framework and your object will show up in CAW metadata. If you also put it in your Game Framework then it will show up in the World Editor bit of Sims 3, too.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 11:08 PM Last edited by zaide_chris : 30th Aug 2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Forgot Attachment
First I have to say thanks for this simsample, but I think I found a issue. After I installed the files for Riverview as I wanted to use the bridge sides the next time I exported the worlds to a .sims3pack it's size went up about 90MB. I used S3SU to open up the s3p and there is now a copy of Riverview and all Riverview's items inside it. This makes the files much larger and means you would be sharing Riverview with people and I know every one can get Riverview if the register but it is a store item. This could be because I have a made a big mess of my Sims 3 Folders doing stuff I would never recommend. (Such as moving files from the games install location to the documents framework to make editing the EA packages and worlds easier for reverse engineering.)

I attached a copy of the XML from my Riverview.sims3pack and my Test World's sims3pack Note my Riverview.sims3pack may be wrong as I have poked around in it to try and move it's Localization from being put in the DCCache to being part of the world it's self.

Sorry about the long post, but if some one wanted to see if this happened for them too just export a world with 1 or 2 of the unlocked riverview items then Unpack the world's s3p with S3SU if in the XML it lists a PackagedFile with a type of World and a metatags->name of Riverview then Riverview tagged along.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Riverview+TestWorld sims3pack xml files.zip (10.2 KB, 36 downloads) - View custom content
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 12:21 AM
Thanks for the report, zaide_chris!

Have you tested with the DCBackup removed? If you package a world with any of these items in then the game will treat it the same as any custom item- it will package the item with the world, if it is present in the DCBackup.

If I package a world with the Riverview objects, Distant Terrain and bridges, with a clear DCBackup, I'm not getting anything else packaged except for the world and its thumbnail. However if I do the same with the DCBackup intact, I have a copy of the items packaged too (and this could quite easily include the STBLs from the DCCache).
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 12:51 AM
I didn't even think of cutting it off like cutting it off like that, Going to give it a try.

Edit: It worked, thanks simsample, went from 96.2 MB to 3.87 MB
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 1:03 AM
Ah, glad about that! It seems that the game will package any CC that is present in the DCBackup with a world, so I always check with CUSTARD before sharing.

Thanks for letting me know!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#74 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 6:38 AM Last edited by armiel : 13th Nov 2011 at 6:56 AM.
Highjacking this thread :P

I have enabled one streetlamp to show up in CAW, and thought I'd share it, but I don't see a point on making separate thread for just one object.

Say bye bye to the flag!

Maybe someone has enabled this already, but I have not seen it so far. So there you go. Streetbright without the annoying flag. It's an OBJD mod, so you will need to have the original object (from Ambitions). Put the file to your CAW framework (and ingame too I suppose so that they don't disappear when you use EIG) and enjoy

I might be doing more, so I shall edit this post if I find more objects I need to enable for CAW.

I saw thew post by Varpunen, asking for this lamp, so here you go! Ranch streetlight enabled for CAW

OBJD mod, like the one above. Overrides the original lamp by making it show on CAW catalog. You will need Pets to have this. Have fun!
ps. I don't know what it's english name is, most likely something with ranch as the filename. In finnish caw it's called "vaakalamppu".
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  armiel_lightingOutdoorStreetCountryNoFlag.rar (506 Bytes, 543 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  armiel_lightingOutdoorStreetRanch2x1.rar (1.8 KB, 478 downloads) - View custom content
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#75 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 9:07 PM
Wow, I had never even noticed that EA hadn't enabled that light for CAW, as I haven't added any lights in my world yet, so had no idea!
For some reason, this doesn't appear in my CAW. : O I did add the file into CAW's packages as well as into regular game packages, and deleted caches.
Page 3 of 11