Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bare Essentials Beds

by daluved1 Posted 6th Jan 2011 at 6:00 PM - Updated 4th Jun 2012 at 7:58 PM by daluved1 : Added a no ground shadow version

72 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 6:59 PM
this is so perfect!!! Just like my sad setup irl. thanks
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 8:18 PM
I tried placing this in an apartment in Bridgeport, but whenever my sim used it she fell to the bottom of the lot.

I just nudged it down once with the ' key and put a platform under the bed and that stopped it.
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SPYCchcknWINGS
I tried placing this in an apartment in Bridgeport, but whenever my sim used it she fell to the bottom of the lot.

I just nudged it down once with the ' key and put a platform under the bed and that stopped it.

Weird...I'll see if I can recreate that bug.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 9:00 PM
Very useful. Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 9:37 PM
So perfect for sims who can't afford a bed with a frame. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 6th Jan 2011 at 11:38 PM
I love, love, LOVE these! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 12:03 AM
Just what we need for custom bunk beds , now people can just make the frames and then use these
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 1:23 AM
This is awesome! I haven't even thought about low cost beds until you made this. EA's beds are little too fancy for the lower middle class. Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 2:22 AM
That's pretty neat, it reminds me of an air mattress. Also thanks to the link for the other bed you mentioned in the post, I've been looking for a bed like that as well.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 2:24 AM
Very cool bed! Also, can you leave the bed to just hover or do you have to place it on the ground for it to work right? I ask because a hover bed would be a pretty cool option also, just without the shadow underneath the bed.
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zennia
Very cool bed! Also, can you leave the bed to just hover or do you have to place it on the ground for it to work right? I ask because a hover bed would be a pretty cool option also, just without the shadow underneath the bed.

You don't have to drag it to the floor. I can hover and sims will use it just the same

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 3:24 AM
These are great! I've needed some more bed options for my po' ass Sims and these are perfect! What's even better is your put credits to your pictured clutter so I don't have to bother you with a WCIF LOL. Thanks again
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 9:14 AM
What a great idea, this beds are simply perfect ! Thanks a lot for sharing
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 2:49 PM
I agree, what a great idea! Terrific work, thank you for sharing!
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 5:36 PM
Anyone else having a problem using them in apartments because I'm not?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 5:54 PM
I am - same problem - my sim lives on top floor, but is lowered to bottom floor when getting out of bed. Also is there a way to not have the sim sink into the floor when getting in and out of bed? And also... when the bed is lowered the sim loose shading when lying in it?
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 6:04 PM Last edited by daluved1 : 7th Jan 2011 at 6:51 PM.
The only way to keep them from sinking is to put a custom animation on the bed (not possible at the moment). Or you can keep the bed at original height and look past the floating. And, I don't understand the last question.

Also, I'll try again to recreate. I was testing in a custom (non-shell) apartment so I'll try in a Bridgeport one.

ETA - Okay...apartments really break this bed. I don't really know what to do to fix it.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 11:27 PM
Thanks for clearifying and also thanks to this the best looking bed out there by far Would it be possible to make a version that is not to be lowered with say bricks as legs or like a futon bedframe? Thanks a bunch for this effort you've done already!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 11:45 PM
I love this bed! It's perfection :D
It works if you put it up high too, which is fun.
It does have a tendency to make Sims sink into the floor, but it doesn't really bother me, since I put it on the second level of a two story house. She just gracefully falls through the floor every morning on her way to breakfast :D
Thank you!
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mayah
Thanks for clearifying and also thanks to this the best looking bed out there by far Would it be possible to make a version that is not to be lowered with say bricks as legs or like a futon bedframe? Thanks a bunch for this effort you've done already!

I *just* finished making some deco railings to underneath for those who really want these in apartments (like me!)

Also, SoPaintItOrange I lol'd so hard at "gracefully falls through the floor"!

Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 12:22 AM
But am I right that even when the bed is normal hight (not lowered) the sim still sinks into the floor when getting in and out of it? If so then that is why I was asking it if possible to make one that is just regular Love that bed as you can hear...
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 12:45 AM Last edited by daluved1 : 8th Jan 2011 at 1:09 AM.
At normal height the bed doesn't cause the sim to sink in the ground, so theoretically it should work in apartments. Basically whats happening is that when you shift the bed, the sim's animations/placement get's shifted as well.

I'm uploading the railings to Leefish in about 5 minutes. If you would like to give them a test in an apartment that'd be great, because I'd rather not have to reload a new Bridgeport hood. :P

ETA - Just tested myself for my own sanity, and they work just fine at normal height.

To get the railings go here

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 4:41 AM
This is just Awesome! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 5:50 AM
THANK U!!! I *LOVE* this!!! It reminds me of my own bed!!! Simple but still comfy!!!
Page 1 of 3