Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 1:31 PM
I'm Lulu le' Sim and I write whatever pops into my head. Mostly supernatural or real life almost always comedy. I don't really let people read what i'm working on cause I've had quite a few people steal my ideas and if i share something before it's finished i lose all motivation to finish it
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 8:34 AM
Hi! I've actually joined for quite a long time, but I didn't introduce myself, soooo.... Hi! I'm Nick, and I'm Greek and a Geek :P
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 6:06 AM
Hello. My name is Kate. I have written a novel called "Green Gertie" and many short stories over the years. Recently I have started to write poetry. I would like to join this group to get to know some members of the community and perhaps share a few poems.
Scholar
#54 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 11:51 AM
What is Green Gertie about?
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 5:56 AM
Green Gertie takes place during World War II on a day known as Black Thursday. It follows each member of a crew on a B-17. The stories are individual to each man and end each story ends at the same moment as their B-17 is being shot down. I started writing it when I was 15. It is a work in progress. Now is mostly editing. I'm still not happy with it and I might never be. I do have the original manuscript typed out on paper.
Test Subject
#56 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 1:28 PM
Hello. My name is NekoSwagga. I am currently writing a series called I Love Victoria. I have been doing this since I was in 6th grade. If you want to learn more about it, message me. I also am kinda new here so I would like some friends also. Thank you and happy simming! o3o
Field Researcher
#57 Old 15th Sep 2013 at 10:44 PM
Hi. Qnshr5 here. I used to write comedy, mystery and horror, but now do more fantasy and sci-fi. I really want to do a thriller, though. I've written a few sims 3 stories all on the exchange. I burnt out on them for the moment because I'm a perfectionist thus not only did the writing have to be good but so did the pics (in my mind) and that took forever. I love NaNoWriMo and can't wait for it to start.
Test Subject
#58 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 6:18 AM
Heya. I'm WIngudever . . .

I love writing poetry, songs and stories. (I have an account on Wattpad for posting them), mostly stuff that's dark and twisted or sad and depressing. Sometimes, when I see these images floating around and I hear these voices talking in my head, I write what I see and hear. I don't get admired for what I write, so I'm not bothered if no one takes an interest in them
Alchemist
#59 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 8:37 PM
Default Hi, I'd like to introduce myself!
Hello all! My first love is building sims2 lots, but recently, I've retired from teaching to take care of my parents who are in their nineties. I have more time now and find that writing is great fun. I know from reading many of your posts that you share that opinion. I have self-published my first children's book: "Puppy, the Navy Seal Dachshund" available at Amazon. I've also started a blog which chronicles my experience: www.puppytd.wordpress.com

A professional graphic artist, Sonny Heston, illustrated my book. I'm using the cover for my avatar now!
Alchemist
#60 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wingudever
Heya. I'm WIngudever . . .

I love writing poetry, songs and stories. (I have an account on Wattpad for posting them), mostly stuff that's dark and twisted or sad and depressing. Sometimes, when I see these images floating around and I hear these voices talking in my head, I write what I see and hear. I don't get admired for what I write, so I'm not bothered if no one takes an interest in them

I just read your poem, "Something I Wrote Off Topic". I really liked it. I enjoyed the structure and the rhythm. The rhyming was natural and not contrived. The words you chose clearly showed how you felt about the word in question. I think you're a great writer.
Alchemist
#61 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Qnshr5
Hi. Qnshr5 here. I used to write comedy, mystery and horror, but now do more fantasy and sci-fi. I really want to do a thriller, though. I've written a few sims 3 stories all on the exchange. I burnt out on them for the moment because I'm a perfectionist thus not only did the writing have to be good but so did the pics (in my mind) and that took forever. I love NaNoWriMo and can't wait for it to start.

Thanks to you I know now whtat NaNoWriMo is. And I used to be a teacher. Just shows how old teachers need to step aside for the young, which I did! I hope you will share more about the novel you plan to write!
Alchemist
#62 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NekoSwagga
Hello. My name is NekoSwagga. I am currently writing a series called I Love Victoria. I have been doing this since I was in 6th grade. If you want to learn more about it, message me. I also am kinda new here so I would like some friends also. Thank you and happy simming! o3o

Hi NekoSwagga! Is your writing, I Love Victoria, a sims series or another topic? Many a teacher would like to unlock the secret of what makes a young person in 6th grade love writing! All the best on the series.
Alchemist
#63 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kpaja17
Green Gertie takes place during World War II on a day known as Black Thursday. It follows each member of a crew on a B-17. The stories are individual to each man and end each story ends at the same moment as their B-17 is being shot down. I started writing it when I was 15. It is a work in progress. Now is mostly editing. I'm still not happy with it and I might never be. I do have the original manuscript typed out on paper.

The story sounds intriguing. I always like stories that follow several paths all ending in the same place and seeing how they all came together. Your story sounds like it would make a good movie too. I would be interested in reading some of your poems too.
Alchemist
#64 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nick-the-Greek
Hi! I've actually joined for quite a long time, but I didn't introduce myself, soooo.... Hi! I'm Nick, and I'm Greek and a Geek :P

Hey Nick the Greek,

You are quite an international guy! I enjoyed looking at your website and can see that you have a great sense of humor. I plan to try the lemon on the hair today.
Alchemist
#65 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lulu le' Sim
I'm Lulu le' Sim and I write whatever pops into my head. Mostly supernatural or real life almost always comedy. I don't really let people read what i'm working on cause I've had quite a few people steal my ideas and if i share something before it's finished i lose all motivation to finish it

Lulu le' Sim, it's a shame you've had some good ideas stolen, so I can understand why you would want to keep your work under wraps until it's published. Do you mostly enjoy writing sims stories? It's amazing how the game brings out people's creativity.
Alchemist
#66 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MadnessKnowsMyName
Hello! ^-^
I'm Shelby.
I write both novels and short stories that typically are in the horror genre, but it's also nice to occasionally write a comedy.
Glad to be here.

Hi Shelby,

I was wondering where most people get their inspiration for a horror story. Hopefully not from real life experience. Maybe from dreams. I did have a real life experience when I was 15 years old. I awoke in the night to see a man stooping next to my closet. Like an idiot, I sat up and said, "Daddy?" It wasn't my dad, but a burglar. He came over and said to me, "Be quiet. If you scream I'll kill you." I didn't move and he left my room. I feel very blessed that he didn't kill me. Anyway, hope your ideas a purely imaginary!
Alchemist
#67 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simfashion234
Hi sim fashion here I love to make write stories for the sims and sometimes fan fiction.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stargirl234 is a link to my page if you would like to have a look.
Thanks.

Just finished reading chapter 1 of "The New Girl at Mode." I have to admit that it's the first fan fiction I've ever read and it held my attention! Will try to get back and read more soon. You seem to know a lot about being an administrative assistant and your character, Crystal with a C, seems really competent. Of course I'm left wondering if she will fall in love with Daniel and if she does, what about her fiance. Guess I'll have to read and see!
Alchemist
#68 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OwlCityGirl
Hi, I'm OwlCityGirl. You can just call me Kayla, since that's my real name. I've been an on and off writer for awhile. I read fiction, and enjoy realism.

Are you working on anything now OwlCityGirl? I find myself always thinking about a sequel to my children's book. I think and think, but it takes forever to put it down on paper. I think I'm going to be on and off too.
Alchemist
#69 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tee_Tessa1
I honestly didn't expect to see a group like this in these forums. I'm new on this website and decided to subscribe to some threads. I think it's really interesting that this thread has shown up. Call me nerdy but I go to a weekly Writer's Group every Thursday with my friend because she has an amazing gift of writing so I went with her. I came to the realization that I was also a writer too.
We are both currently working on stories, hers is a novel and mine is a short story. I would really appreciate it if you can read it and tell me what you think.
It's on my Tumblr.
http://tastetessasrainbow.tumblr.co...fanewworldorder

I think I'm going to change the title because the original plot I had planned is too long and I don't want to make it a novel. At least not now, anyway.
I subscribed to this thread. I'd love to see the work of others.

Hi Tessa, I clicked on your link but it said url could not be found. Too bad. I think you have the right idea about writing a short story rather than a long novel. I read something the other day that said people don't have time to read a long book anymore and that if you can't entertain someone with a series of 10 tweets, you aren't a good writer. I don't know if I agree with that, but I can see why a short story might get more readers and reviewers.
Alchemist
#70 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by x-kisses-for-yooh-x
Hi there! I thought I'd drop in here to introduce myself! I love writing fiction, mostly short stories but I would love to start working on a novel. I'm still at school so I'm still learning, I tend to just write about things I like - real life situations, love, friends, disasters. But I also like challenges so I'm going to start pushing myself to write about more obscure topics and such. It seems like I've got a nice audience here to give me helpful criticism and support! :D

Oh, and you can call me Kisses.

-Kisses x

Hi Kisses, it is nice to have other people interested in writing to get feedback from. Actually, I think the best writing comes from real experience, but pushing yourself to write about other things is the best way to learn. Hope to read something you wrote soon!
Alchemist
#71 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LimesN'Peppers
I mainly poetry, but I write short stories too. Glad to find a group.

Can we read some of your poetry anywhere, LimesN'Peppers? I always enjoy poetry. It's a word picture of a topic, usually short, not demanding a lot of time to read, but leaving you with somethng to think about.
Alchemist
#72 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by piggypeach
Hey I'm not really new, but I never introduced myself so I'll do so now.

My real name is Addie but you can call me peachy or piggy or piggypeach or PP or... I don't really care

I love to write stories based on my life. And I love "continue the story" games.

Stories based on life are always interesting. The saying, "You can't make this stuff up," is true isn't it! Continue the story games would be awesome with a group of people who all love writing and thinking. I've tried it in school, and there was always a kid who would just sit and say, "I can't think of anything!"
Alchemist
#73 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WakahisaDManami
Hi! The name's Wakahisa D. Manami, called Mai =) I'm a hobby writer, and have been making up stories since before I can remember. At the moment, I am almost solely writing fanfiction, but every now and then an original piece pops into my head. I can be found on dA under the same name as here, and on fanfiction.net under 'H. Maria Lindal' (which I will be using when I start publishing, which will happen, it's just a matter of time )

I'm learning a lot by reading what others are interested in. I've heard of fan fiction, but never really read any until today. I realize this post is a few months old. Have you published yet? Keep us posted!
Alchemist
#74 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheScribbler
Hello!
Call me any variation of my username you want, I'm on most Sims sites with this username, but if you find out my real name feel free to use it
I used to avoid writing stories like the plague but about a year ago I had an idea to make a Sims shipwrecked isliand game and my friends persuaded me to make the detailed character bios into a story.
3 months of planning later I'm still nowhere near to sim story blogging it yet but as soon as I do the link'll be in my signature. xD
But right now it's got secret agents, rebellion, mafia, corrupt companies, a theme of pasts and an island! Totally organized~
Ha anyway I hope the threads here will get my brain working and come up with some new ideas. :D

Your story sounds like a great episode of Survivor on steroids with interesting villains instead of every day Joes. Did you ever finish it? I realize I'm responding to old posts, but I've had a lot of fun reading what everyone says.
Alchemist
#75 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
How in the world is there no group for writers??? Finally there's a group for people who like to write to post their stories, be critiqued (nicely), hang out and have fun

Yes, I was thrilled to find this group too. I've been around ModtheSims for a long time, just uploading sims2 houses. To be honest with myself, I'm thinking sims2 is about to become obsolete, so I think I'll try to branch out into my other interest, writing. I do look forward to reading what others write too.

Page 3 of 4