Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No, the windows aren't dirty! ~Privacy Film for your Sims' Windows~

by mustluvcatz Posted 10th Mar 2011 at 6:41 PM - Updated 11th Mar 2011 at 12:21 AM by mustluvcatz : screenshots and changing which recolors are uploaded

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 6:48 PM
Amazing, I love them! ^_^
Will probably use them in all my sims homes now! lol
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 7:04 PM
Fantastic! Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 8:03 PM
These are excellent! I'm gonna make some barred window recolors. Will be great for my grungy downtown hood.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 8:33 PM
This is brilliant! I'm imagining an opaque green that would be suitable for medieval windows...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 8:44 PM
So these kind of sit in the wall? That is so cool! I shall use this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 9:36 PM
Awesome idea Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Mar 2011 at 10:26 PM
Very cool! Thanks so much!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Swatme101
So these kind of sit in the wall?

Yes, they sit in the wall..just about in the middle, in fact. I wanted to be able to use curtains without worrying about anything showing/clipping through them.

Thanks for the comments! And you're all welcome. The patterned recolors I'm working on should be ready to upload in a day or two if anyone is interested. Barred recolors sound interesting @ raynuss. You're gonna share, right?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 1:46 AM
This is great for bathroom windows! Do they work on doors (I have a lot of doors just used for deco in shots) too?
Theorist
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 1:48 AM
Very cool! Thanks for sharing.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 3:23 AM
These fit any and all windows, since they go in the wall, right? Ooh, the possibilities! I love the one that looks like honeycomb leading. I hope folks recolor the hell out of this! Turn any window into a medieval widow by adding leading! Turn any window CRACKED! Add bullet holes and fractures to your crime den windows! Turn any window dusty and grimy! All the grunge lovers need to make some dusty grimy recolors. Put paper cutout snowflakes on your windows for Christmas! Put snow buildup on your windows if you don't have seasons. Put cobwebs on your windowpanes! Have a spiderweb with a spider in it on the window. Or how about those glass butterfly and bird things with suction cups that grandmas put all over windows?
Former Hamster
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 3:37 AM
DigitalSympathies- yes, they will work on doors as deco. I'm not sure what will happen if the game is in live mode and a sim tries to walk through the door. (They should just walk through one since they're cloned from a curtain, I think.)

COEG- yes, they'll fit pretty much any window. I've got over 100 in my game and tried them on just about every one. ROFL @ the rest of your post! Where were you when I was trying to figure out what to do for recolors?!? I mean- I knew these were pretty useful meshes (no more having to figure out which windows have glass you can recolor)..but my imagination must've taken a vacation on me.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 3:59 AM
Oh I love these. They are so perfect for bathrooms. I'm always looking for appropriate window coverings in Sim bathrooms. My favorites are the vertical brown ones. They are so versatile and practical. I'm crossing my fingers for stained glass recolors in addition to the lovely options you have here. (Or maybe my desire for them will beat out my natural laziness and I'll make some myself).

Thank you for these
Banned
THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:35 AM
AWESOME! These are so useful!
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Add bullet holes and fractures to your crime den windows! Turn any window dusty and grimy! All the grunge lovers need to make some dusty grimy recolors.

What she said. This is very versatile, great idea!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 11:25 AM
Wow, thank you for this! It will come in handy.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 5:41 PM
Will these block out light or make a room darker?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#19 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 7:01 PM
lizziebee, I don't think curtains have that effect in-game so these wouldn't either.

mustluvcatz, thank you for this. A long time ago, I made a recolor of the glass for the tall OFB International window which was merely an animated waterfall-like texture such that it had the appearance of a somewhat flat, cascading fountain which was encased in glass inside the wall. Sadly, I lost it in a computer crash and never had the chance or motivation to remake it. Having the ability to apply such an effect to different types of windows will likely give me the motivation to resurrect it.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Not actually evil.
#20 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kalynn06
I'm crossing my fingers for stained glass recolors in addition to the lovely options you have here. (Or maybe my desire for them will beat out my natural laziness and I'll make some myself).

Oh my gods, yes! This! For churches and cathedrals and art deco houses! Grapes and ivy stained glass! Idea overload. Must draft minions to make recolors.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#21 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 10:38 PM
Mmmmm....Evilness is leaching into my brain. I may have to become one of COEG's recolor minions... Thanks so much for this! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 11:20 PM
Really creative idea. I love adding little details like this to the game.
Former Hamster
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 12:23 AM
lizziebee- these don't block the light from coming in the room. Don't know if you wanted them to or not, lol.

Thanks for all the comments, they're very appreciated. And you're so welcome.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 4:39 PM
Easy stained glass recolors for the Independent Expressions window without dealing with terrible Maxis mapping! Hurray- must start recoloring immediately...
Former Hamster
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 5:00 PM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 13th Mar 2011 at 12:04 AM.
Amythestfenix- I'm trying out that idea right now to make sure stained glass works out alright. With the meshes being kind of "one size fits all" certain patterns might not work right with some windows. I'm thinking the short mesh might need to be a bit longer to avoid that. If I change that mesh, I'll get it posted so it can replace the current one.

Edit: I did make the short mesh a bit longer. Then I started thinking..the short one isn't really needed at all since the the long meshes will work. So if anyone really wants the edited short one, let me know and I'll add it.
Page 1 of 2