Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 5:48 PM
I was wondering the same thing. It would be a shame to lose all that work.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 3:57 AM
this is really fantastic. i don't play bridgeport very often even though i'd love to have a big city to play, but if it were anything like what you've done, i would always play it! i do hope you upload it, i'd download it in an instant.
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 3:59 AM
(If this is too much of a necro someone yell at me and I'll start a new thread. Actually I'll probably do that anyway in the next day or so...)

I'm back and better than ever! Good news is I've kept up with this project slowly over the past year, but have really gotten a lot of work done on it in the past month or so. It's not dead! It's better than ever!
Test Subject
#29 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 2:41 PM
I love this!

When I bought LN, I was really hoping for something more like what you're working on. I have to admit that I was extremely disappointed to find such empty clubs/bars, so few realistic buildings, and so few apartments to choose from. I can't wait to see your finished product!
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 11:19 PM

Here's a map showing what I've gotten done so far. I've got 3 distinct neighborhoods of Eastport (my rename of the LN city) going so far, and as soon as I finish a couple other things I'll have at least 5 or 6 by the end of the week. Red is the West End, dark blue is the Lower Docklands, and light blue is the Upper Docklands. To clarify a bit... north is left on this screenshot.

The West End is based on Boston's Back Bay neighborhood, and maybe a bit of the South End neighborhood as well. It has 3 apartments, a local watering hole, two bookstores (one is non-rabbit hole), two grocery stores (one is non-rabbit hole), a gym, and a disco club (named Club Oberon).

The Lower Docklands is my least completed neighborhood so far, but I have a distinct plan for it so I'm counting it on the map right now. It's based on the South Boston waterfront. Right now the only building I've done is a nectary that takes the form of a beer brewery (the Norcross Brewery). Other buildings in the Lower Docklands will have an industrial feel to them, and I may or may not make it a purely community neighborhood without any apartments.

The Upper Docklands is based on any number of New England urban working class neighborhoods. Because I'm most familiar with it, I drew a lot of inspiration from the Allston and Brighton neighborhoods in Boston, and Somerville too. It's meant to have the feel of a working class neighborhoods where there are also a lot of young adults living in their first apartments after college, having moved there because of the cheap rents. It's mostly triple and double decker houses with each floor being a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment. All in all it has 7 apartments with a total of 17 bedrooms, so it'll likely be one of the most densely populated neighborhoods in the city, which makes sense given that Somerville is the most densely populated city in New England, and it's outside Boston.

I've been slowly chipping away at a few other parts of town too. On the other side of the rotary from the West End I've already put in a theatre, restaurant, and cafe. I'm planning on turning the arena and some of the surrounding lots into a university modeled on Harvard University, and zoned as a library and art gallery.

Down the main avenue from the West End I've started decorating Imperial House, which will be the new center of government for the city (in my overall Sims story Eastport is in an alternate Earth, and is the capital of a city-state known as the Eastport Imperium). I've gotten the exterior decorated, but not much done on the inside yet.

Around the EA city hall building I've been modeling one side on Victorian "painted lady" type houses (think opening sequence of Full House) to bridge the gap between urban and suburban neighborhood. On the other side I've started building large semi-urban condo complexes. Eventually I'll tear down the EA city hall building and use that lot for either a park, or more houses. Probably more houses

Anyway... let me know what you guys think so far.
Test Subject
#31 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 11:47 PM
This looks great so far!
Instructor
#32 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 12:30 AM
This is wonderful! If you want to clean out CC, look for CUSTARD in Modding Discussion. I think that is what most people use.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Instructor
Original Poster
#33 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 11:58 PM
I've been a bit busy lately...

Test Subject
#34 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 6:59 AM
I can't wait till it is finished.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 3:41 PM
I love the screenshots. I've been looking of a proper urban world for a while, I'm definetly following this.

Do you plan to update the neighborhood to the latest expansion packs too? Like showtime, or pets?
Scholar
#36 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 6:41 PM
Wow, the place looks great
Scholar
#37 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 10:02 AM
Looking great. Much better lot placing, too. Brideport looks like they just chucked some skyscrapers down and hoped for the best. So did you change the roads or keep the map as it was? I've tried renovating Brideport but the "Can't place Lot on unroutable area" errors I get make it difficult.
Instructor
Original Poster
#38 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 7:18 AM
I've been ridiculously busy with work lately, but next month I fully intend on returning to this project. Next show at my theatre opens on Saturday, and then I'll have tons of free time for Simming. In the meantime, enjoy a subway station:

Lab Assistant
#39 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GabyBee
I've been ridiculously busy with work lately, but next month I fully intend on returning to this project. Next show at my theatre opens on Saturday, and then I'll have tons of free time for Simming. In the meantime, enjoy a subway station:

can i ask, was there a mod or some type of shell you downloaded to make your skyscraper? im searching hard for something that will let me build past 5 levels or have something that will help me build a skyscraper but i can't find it. and im loving your world and the subway is very creative, love it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 11:19 PM
Made a nice handy guide for a 15 story skyscraper. It's a bit more complicated to get them even taller and I'd have to chat with you in real-time or IM to explain it in full detail, but this should get you started:

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 12:36 AM
Made a nice handy guide for a 15 story skyscraper. It's a bit more complicated to get them even taller and I'd have to chat with you in real-time or IM to explain it in full detail, but this should get you started:

Thx sooo much!! it really helped alot. once again i really love how creative the train station is, looking forward to the rest of your world. ^_^
Instructor
Original Poster
#42 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eeria
Thx sooo much!! it really helped alot. once again i really love how creative the train station is, looking forward to the rest of your world. ^_^

We're getting a blizzard this weekend, so assuming the power stays on here in Boston I should have a lot of free time on my hands to work on the city again.

I've already started working on a custom station sign:

Field Researcher
#43 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 3:24 AM
Your new Bridgeport looks awesome so far.

From the pictures I can't tell if you used windows or wallpaper/fake windows on the skyscrapers?

I was under the impression an excessive number of windows on a building causes lag.
Scholar
#44 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 9:13 PM
This looks amazing. I realise you're not ready yet, but if and when you need beta testers, just PM me I'll be happy to do it
I live in a small town and haven't ever been to a big city. London is only 100 miles away, but I've never been and my closest city is nowhere near the size you think of cities as being, so it will be a new experiance for me and my little simmies at the same time!

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Test Subject
#45 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 12:06 AM
Default I get Sims passing by
Quote: Originally posted by Arcrammer
OMG I KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWww.....

That's my biggest problem with all of EA's towns! There are plenty of sidewalks, plenty of roads, but there are NEVER ANY SIMS USING THEM.

I get Sims passing by every now and then in front of my Sims home, which is in Bridgeport.
Test Subject
#46 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 1:35 PM
This is such a good idea! i'm going to try this! thanks
Test Subject
#47 Old 12th May 2013 at 3:28 PM
I really hope you are still on this project. It's absolutely amazing that you put so much work into this project and it looks awesome like this!
Test Subject
#48 Old 16th May 2013 at 3:45 AM
What you've done with Bridgeport is beautiful! I hope you are still working on it. All the effort you've put into it is mad awesome!
Instructor
Original Poster
#49 Old 20th May 2013 at 1:26 AM
I should pay more attention to this thread... Yeah I'm still working on it slowly but surely. One thing I'm really working on is trying to eliminate the need for cars in the city. It's tough, but it's getting there. One of the hardest things is trying to make the city feel cramped, but still functional as a Sims game.

Bar I'm working on lately, somewhat modeled after MacLaren's from the show How I Met Your Mother.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 20th May 2013 at 4:45 PM
I should pay more attention to this thread... Yeah I'm still working on it slowly but surely. One thing I'm really working on is trying to eliminate the need for cars in the city. It's tough, but it's getting there. One of the hardest things is trying to make the city feel cramped, but still functional as a Sims game.

Bar I'm working on lately, somewhat modeled after MacLaren's from the show How I Met Your Mother.

The bar looks awesome. Getting the terrain around the basement even must have been a nightmare.
Page 2 of 3