Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 8:28 AM
I didn't see any element in those parties to make them different then those already ingame.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#52 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 9:29 AM
The supernatural I want to see is witches... and for vampires to be able to become one, too. That'd be awesome, vampires with actual powers, not their stupid mind reading...
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 2:24 PM
At the end the Dad spins into more wintery clothes ( a la seasons ) could it be getting colder?
Theorist
#54 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 3:22 PM
They already have "wintry" clothes in the game - sweaters, scarfs, etc. So I wouldn't read too much into that.

As for there not being a theme, frankly, I don't really care. All the goal-directed play that has come in EPs so far please some people, but those of us who like to focus on sandbox style play just need more interactions between sims and between sims and stuff in their environment. So it's about time they throw a bone our way.

As for weather, weather in S2 about killed my PC so I am not all that thrilled with the idea; still, I know it's very popular and lots of people want it back. I do have a better PC now, but since the game still lags under certain conditions I am very wary of something like weather that could be a big drain on our processors.

I love this game, I really do, and I have no desire to go back to TS2 as of yet, but there's a whole lot of untapped potential. I hope Generations fills up a bit of that gap, especially if it helps the sims seem more alive and less souless and wooden.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
#55 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 3:29 PM
I think that any EP which contains weather will explicitly state that it contains it. EA know that weather is a big selling point and so they are bound to make that the entire theme of the EP. Therefore, if this EP contained weather I think we would know it by now.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 6:40 PM
Well, those videos still not "officially" official. They look more like "Work in Progress videos" to me.

That kind of videos aren't rares in the Game Design industry. They do a lot of videos for their meetings and all (more funky than Power Point presentations I guess. :p).

So, I'll just wait and see for official infos myself before claiming "no weather" or "no whatever", which doesn't mean that I didn't appreciate those vids. It's great to finally have a little more infos about the becoming of the game for the near future. ^^
Field Researcher
#57 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 6:48 PM
So nothing new shown with babies? I'm hoping the creative minds at EA can think of something. I've got a strong feeling that proms will just be teens driving a car (or taking their bike or the subway) to the school in their formal clothing and walking into the school building.
Inventor
#58 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LollySims

Also, I'm intrigued by the aviation pictures on the wall (around 1:14 in the video). Seems like this doesn't really go with the theme, and I'm wondering if we're getting a new career in aviation. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it

Or perhaps the plane picture represents the holiday which the parents go on in order for the teens to have their party.
Inventor
#59 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aGOLDENbox
So nothing new shown with babies? I'm hoping the creative minds at EA can think of something. I've got a strong feeling that proms will just be teens driving a car (or taking their bike or the subway) to the school in their formal clothing and walking into the school building.

Seriously, if breastfeeding and baby wearing (slings) are not added to this game to aid social/hunger while allowing the parents to go about their lives, I will be greatly disappointed. I would love cosleeping for infants, toddlers and young children, but I think that's pushing it, so I would settle for baby wearing and breastfeeding. I don't see how this game can go on without those two.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 7:22 PM
I don't understand why breastfeeding has never been in the game.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 7:51 PM
I think it's a little silly at this point that there are still people who don't believe this EP is real. It was a trailer, posted on an EA youtube account. I know EA hasn't "announced" it officially, but it's kind of like an eight month pregnant woman saying she's not pregnant and everyone believing her. There's clearly evidence to the contrary!
Field Researcher
#62 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 8:00 PM
Doesn't look that great to me, but I'll buy it for the same reason I buy all the EPs. Because the CC makers will take the EA crap that's included in the EP and make something worth having out of it.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 8:05 PM Last edited by Fyrefly555 : 12th Mar 2011 at 8:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by RoadRageBarbie
I think it's a little silly at this point that there are still people who don't believe this EP is real. It was a trailer, posted on an EA youtube account. I know EA hasn't "announced" it officially, but it's kind of like an eight month pregnant woman saying she's not pregnant and everyone believing her. There's clearly evidence to the contrary!

Yes, there are both real, but it just seems like those videos look like work in progress videos. I don't say they don't exist, nor than these 2 EPs won't too, just that the things represented in them just look really unfinished business to me, mostly in the "Unleashed" videos.

If this is the Official trailer for Generations, well, I just guess that I'm disappointed with this one though... About Unleashed, animals look nice I think.

Oh, and an other argument which make me think that the "Generations" trailer is not the official for us desperate Sims players, there's no definit release date in it, just a vague "Coming Out 2011"... If it was the real official public trailer, I think they may have given the entire released date no? That's why I think it's a presentation of the game which wasn't supposed to be publicaly published... Some kind of video for the investors or something, or just a quick preview they made for a convention that they finally didn't use. (okay, my english's getting wild here... I need more sleep. :p)

Anyway, if it's really all we're getting for our game in the next EP, I'm still disappointed about it...
Field Researcher
#64 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 9:38 PM
While looking at a screen cap for the video on youtube I noticed one of the teens (I think it's a teen because she's dancing during the teen party) has on a new denim jacket with rolled up sleeves and a shirt underneath it.
Theorist
#65 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
I don't understand why breastfeeding has never been in the game.

I don't follow TSM but I look at Simprogram's news sometimes and I saw this today.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254...1c2411dd4_o.png

Hi I'm Paul!
Field Researcher
#66 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
I don't follow TSM but I look at Simprogram's news sometimes and I saw this today.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254...1c2411dd4_o.png

TSM has more than a few features & objects it'd be great if some talented modder was able to port to the Sims 3. The only reason I'm looking forward to it, to be honest.

We'll see how many people bitch and moan about breast feeding being included in TSM.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Test Subject
#67 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906

As for weather, weather in S2 about killed my PC so I am not all that thrilled with the idea; still, I know it's very popular and lots of people want it back. I do have a better PC now, but since the game still lags under certain conditions I am very wary of something like weather that could be a big drain on our processors.

In the sims 2, wheather was also irritating because sims were constantly looking out the window
Test Subject
#68 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 12:46 AM
Yeah that was pretty annoying..or the kids would run outside play for hours, and end up getting cold. It just looks like weather is not going to be released anytime this year anyway. I was surprised that there did not seem to be a general theme which is fine with me, however I am wondering if they will release more information regarding what will be included. I'm actually not that excited, but I'm sure they'll come out with some exciting information soon --- I hope.

I'll probably wait until October, and pick up book packs since I probably won't have much time anyway..unless this one has something exciting I've missed.

As for the weather I am wondering if it was just pushed back a bit since like the others mentioned it could be a huge memory hog.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
Or perhaps the plane picture represents the holiday which the parents go on in order for the teens to have their party.

Yeah, that occurred to me actually. They could implement this in a very simple way too. Personally I'd love an airport, even if it is a rabbit hole. It would be sort of cute if Sims could go on business trips, which would be a good opportunity for teens to throw parties.

A couple things I just thought of that would be cool is being able to assign chores to kids/teens and giving them an allowance (kept separate from family funds with maybe a piggy bank object?). Then kids/teens could click on the floor (like neat Sims) and get an option to "Do Chores".

I really hope there's more interactions between parents and their kids. I'm worried this EP is just gonna add things to each age group but not really bring them together as a family.
Forum Resident
#70 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aGOLDENbox
So nothing new shown with babies? I'm hoping the creative minds at EA can think of something.

I know, I noticed. Very annoying. Of course, they don't even have legs, so what can they do? Maybe one of those toys where babies lay on the floor and bat at things? I'm not sure how they'll use the strollers, actually. Definitely for the plain-looking stroller anyway - couldn't really see the other one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#71 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 4:42 PM
there could be a slim chance that they gave babies legs now, but I'm sure they wouldn't do that.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#72 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anifromid2
Doesn't look that great to me, but I'll buy it for the same reason I buy all the EPs. Because the CC makers will take the EA crap that's included in the EP and make something worth having out of it.

You have spoken what I am feeling. I buy the EPs anticipating what the modders will come up with, make the developers at EA look like loafers.

I really love this game more for the modding than what is officially released.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#73 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
As for there not being a theme, frankly, I don't really care. All the goal-directed play that has come in EPs so far please some people, but those of us who like to focus on sandbox style play just need more interactions between sims and between sims and stuff in their environment.

A unifying theme does not automatically exclude sandbox play, just as a mish-mash of random(ish) objects and interactions is not a sure sign the associated gameplay won't be goal-oriented. For all we know there could be wants and goals like to attend 200 parties or collect 5 different costumes as a kid.

Further, all the Sims 2 EPs had themes and many of their features had simple goals built in as well (get gold badge in X, do all the vacation activities to fill in mementos, etc), yet most everyone agrees Sims 2 was very sandboxy and definitely more than TS3 has been.

Just saying.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 5:50 PM
I get what you are saying Tempscire and I agree, Sims 2 was more sandbox game play. Really I don't care much of what goals the sims in the Sims 3 wish for, just as I didn't care if they accomplished their goals in Sims 2. I played the families in ways I find entertaining, but was disappointed how that affect sims in Sims 3. I hated being pigeonholed in LTW that would only work with certain traits. I think the Late Night patch changed that, now you can pick whatever LTW you want for any combination of traits. I do appreciate EA changed that.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#75 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 8:42 PM
Excellent point, there is no reason that one has to exclude the other. But so far EA has been way too directive and I'm really hoping they will back off on that. If that means no theme, I am OK with that.

I let my sims go for some goals and opportunities, but about half the time I just cancel them. It gets to be way too much. At any rate maybe all this goal oriented programming puts the focus more on the player than it does the sims, which might explain why they seem so wooden and lifeless to me.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Page 3 of 73