Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UNI Concrete Stairs Recolored

by iCad Posted 17th Mar 2011 at 1:31 AM

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 2:18 AM
Thanks for these!! I use those stairs loads so these will definitely come in handy! :-)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 3:24 AM
I have a question: have you done the Pigue Pen gates to match the Balustrade Minimaal? (and thanks, thanks!)

Cobalt's the prettiest but the coral and the seabreeze and the honeypot are the ones that actually show up in houses, I think. Oh, and the brick, in stairs.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 3:32 AM
These are amazing. The first good recolors of the stairs that I've seen.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 2:14 PM
Yay! They're up! You have no idea how much I needed this. And white railing! Even more reason to party. Thank you very much. :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 3:29 PM
Yay they're here Thank you thank you!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
I have a question: have you done the Pigue Pen gates to match the Balustrade Minimaal? (and thanks, thanks!)

Cobalt's the prettiest but the coral and the seabreeze and the honeypot are the ones that actually show up in houses, I think. Oh, and the brick, in stairs.

I have not done any gates yet, although they are in my project queue...along with everything else, since my life's goal is to make the whole freakin' build catalog match. *laughs* Honestly, I personally never use the Balustrade Minimaal as an actual fence, only as porch/balcony/decorative roof railings. For those, the gate is not needed. But I'll put them on the list in addition to the wood gates that I need to recolor. Thanks for the reminder!

For everyone else, I'm very happy whenever someone else gets use out of something that I make, so thanks for downloading/commenting. :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 8:57 PM
Thank you! Yes I will get good use! I have already made three houses since you uploaded your floors and I've used them in every one of them, esp. outdoors. They are perfect for porches and patios. The steps will make it perfect.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 12:40 AM
Very nice! Thank you for sharing...
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 2:39 AM
Ooooh, pretties!
*GROOOOAN* <<< my DL folder, in a few moments...

Happy, happy, yay! YAY! :lovestruc <<< Me - happily snagging away!

You = X a-zillion-at-least!

I've been waiting for these! ...and with railing options too - sweeeet! Now I just NEED those floors. *pokes hopefully at queue*
Thank you sooo much for these - from both me and my simmies.

EDIT: to say, I got 'em! Thankies!!!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 4:39 AM
Ahh! Building is going to be so much less frustrating now, thank you - I can't wait! :D
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#12 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 10:45 AM
The colors look lovely! Thank you for sharing :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 2:16 PM
They were worth the wait, iCad - thank you very much.
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 6:09 PM
Help Please the fences show red in the catalog and in game have deleted and retried several times no success. But LOVE the items and will continue to use them.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 1st May 2011 at 2:50 AM
I must be doing something wrong here. The railing recolors show up, but not the stair recolors (I do have the CEP).
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd May 2011 at 7:19 PM
@Latonya Pratt: I'm not entirely sure what you mean? That fence does come in red from the base game. The download should add a white and a copper fence if you downloaded both. They should show as separate items in your fence catalog. Maybe PM me if you're still having problems?

@AlexandraSpears: How recolorable steps work is that you place a stretch of the regular grey steps, add railing if you want them (They'll be black), and then you use the design tool to click on each individual step to recolor it. At that point, the window with the recolors pops up and you choose from there. Is that what you did and it didn't work, or...?
Mad Poster
#17 Old 2nd May 2011 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
@AlexandraSpears: How recolorable steps work is that you place a stretch of the regular grey steps, add railing if you want them (They'll be black), and then you use the design tool to click on each individual step to recolor it. At that point, the window with the recolors pops up and you choose from there. Is that what you did and it didn't work, or...?

Oh, so THAT'S what's meant by "recolorable"!

I'd expected to click on the stairs and have a choice of colors, you know, like furniture.

Learn something new every day! I never thought to try the design tool!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th May 2011 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
Oh, so THAT'S what's meant by "recolorable"!

I'd expected to click on the stairs and have a choice of colors, you know, like furniture.

Learn something new every day! I never thought to try the design tool!

Yep, that's how they work. It's different from everything else. I hope it works for you. It really does open up a whole new world.

I can only guess that since the modular stairs were ever meant by Maxis to be recolorable, the overrides that various smart folks created work by sort of turning each individual step into a separate object. At least, that's what makes sense, given that you have to recolor each individually, not the whole run. But that's only speculation on my part.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 2:47 AM
I'll reinstall UNI just to try these stairs. Love the new choice of railings. Too cool!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 8:21 PM
Aha! Was just coming to ask why my stairs weren't showing up, thanks for the usage lesson on recolorable objects!

PS: Initially, I was just looking for white stairs with railings (I'm an OCD matchy-matchy person too...) but this is SOOOO much better! Thank you so much for your work and I look forward to checking back to see what else you've got for us!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 10:36 AM
Glad you posted this, There's a shortage of mod concrete stair recolors.
THANKS POST
#22 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 5:46 PM
Thank you so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 1:21 AM
Thank you soooo much. You don't know how much looking at the stairs in my game before was throwing me off. I appreciate this so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 4:38 PM
tell me. how can I use your stairs with the """Open Underneath"""?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 1:37 PM Last edited by gazania : 24th Jun 2017 at 2:04 PM.
I tried adding "agree" to Lonelyeco until I realized there is no "agree" button here. There are lovely colors of the wooden stairs, but not nearly as much for the concrete ones ... not even years after you posted this. So thank you!