Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Empire City

by mctammer Posted 26th Mar 2011 at 5:32 PM

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:15 PM
Wow! Thanks! You just saved me some time and money...I was going to buy a copy of SC4 so I could make something like this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 10:05 PM
I have been wishing I could find something exactly like this! This is so perfect.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 12:02 AM
This is really cool! Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 1:26 AM
I've been thinking about making a landscape!
Site Helper
#6 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 2:07 AM
This is in the wrong category. It's just a map, not an entire neighborhood.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 10:01 AM
Interesting idea you have here!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
This is in the wrong category. It's just a map, not an entire neighborhood.

Oh... Well, if it gets to be a problem, I'm sure a mod can move it.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 4:11 PM
It looks good!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 9:53 PM
Great work there. I've been wanting to make a small Japanese style city, but haven't as yet found a terrain that suits. I think this will do nicely for what I have in mind. Cheers.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 4:39 PM
I love it! You can have clearly separated districts in such a hood, a middle class, a poor district over here and luxury mansions over there. Thank you for sharing!
Test Subject
#12 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 12:01 AM
Constructive criticism? Well, you dont need it, this is perfect! Thank you so much, you did a great job :lovestruc

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up"!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 11:41 AM
A really nice and well thought out neighbourhood. Thank you .
Site Helper
#14 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by user826
Oh... Well, if it gets to be a problem, I'm sure a mod can move it.
OK, I'll ask the mods to move it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 3:25 AM
Empire City from Infamous 1 and Infamous 2 Start?
Field Researcher
#16 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 4:55 AM
This isn't the Empire City I know...the Empire City I know is in Infamous 1, and the start of Infamous 2...

Press Button, Receive Bacon...
Deadly Assassin Ninja...on a tricycle...
Paste this anywhere as an image for funnyness:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgoqvf9uYT1qafrh6.gif
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 9:50 AM
This is not based on the city from the Infamous series. As I stated in the description, I was looking to create a city inspired by New York. Since New York is the Empire State, I figured it'd be a clever name for my not-New York City. I guess some people are either very easily confused or don't read the description...
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 11:43 PM
I've read fracking idiots but I didn't see this addressed. I have Sims 2 Double Deluxe. Do I still install this map to the folders indicated on the downloads page or is there an exception if you have Double Deluxe? Thanks for any help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 9:57 AM
Hi, hillybean. Isn't Double Deluxe just a bundle, packaged with The Sims 2, Night Life and the Celebration Stuff pack? If that's the case, it ought to work the same way. My advice is just try it and see. It's a map file, it's not going to change any of your game files so if it doesn't work, just delete it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 9:50 PM
Hi That great! :D
Could you do the Upper East Side for the Sims 2, and if you can for the Sims 3?

Thanks in advance!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 1:33 PM
I haven't got The Sims 3, so I can't help you there. Sorry!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 1:09 AM
Now make the Empire City From the inFAMOUS Series! And if you can, New Marais...

Press Button, Receive Bacon...
Deadly Assassin Ninja...on a tricycle...
Paste this anywhere as an image for funnyness:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgoqvf9uYT1qafrh6.gif
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 5:52 PM
If it's constructive criticism you want... I'd change the terrain a bit on the middle island(if possible) to include as little green as possible...

btw, this is going to drive me insane because I actually live in NYC and am now going to make this as accurate as possible. *dies*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 5:02 AM
Believe me, I wanted to do that but I don't think it's possible to combine the concrete and lush terrain colors in one map (or if it is, I don't know how). It was either all green or all gray, and I chose to go with green since when you build lots on the island, you can always just cover up the green with concrete tiles.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 4:46 PM
Thanks for the map!!! I actually modified it with SC4 to include more streets, I wanted a more "urban" map. Would it be OK to post it? Let me know!
Page 1 of 2